>2018
    >not feeling extreme apathy or listless about the factions and the story in general.

pick one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    >2018
    >not feeling extreme apathy or listless about the factions and the story in general.

pick one.
    I mean, I'm excited for this. But then I play on an RP realm, so the plot of BfA is gonna massively shake up the community. I already plan to make my guild (an Ally guild lead by my night elf) go on the warpath after Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    None of those characters were "Neutral at that point"

They were members of the Alliance who were cooperating with the Horde during peacetime. Thrall was the closest to a "Neutral" character because he worked with the Alliance during -wartime- and remained separate from the Horde thereafter. But even he was still Horde during Cataclysm. (You don't get to be the ruler of a people and then pretend to not be a member of that nation the next weekend)
    Yes they were. They worked on the Same Side, while fighting the Common Enemy. They were on the Same Team, working Together on the Same Side, despite their Faction difference. They were neutral until the Enemy was defeated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

Pandaren druid looks awesome
    ...I want this to be confirmed. But, I think it's fake.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: Who's excited for the Upright Mag'har? I am. They look badass, even when you include the whole Heritage Armor, and the Warfront shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Yes they were. They worked on the Same Side, while fighting the Common Enemy. They were on the Same Team, working Together on the Same Side, despite their Faction difference. They were neutral until the Enemy was defeated.
    That's not how neutrality works. If someone picks a side when war erupts between the factions that character is not neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    People may not be super passionate about their factions in general, but idk how many actually play both factions in the same amount. If you have a nice guild with people you like, it’s hard to play the other faction even on alts.
    As much as I am content with the guild I am in currently (who is a cross-server, faction guild), I don't see myself playing the Alliance all too often. Many I have dealt with when playing with my brothers many come off pretty judgemental when you're not playing with the theme of good-and-pretty-races. Since I do like uglier races in general (namely for the variety, pretty races always seem to be a norm everywhere), I caught a lot of flack for being a Dwarf female or anything Gnome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    As much as I am content with the guild I am in currently (who is a cross-server, faction guild), I don't see myself playing the Alliance all too often. Many I have dealt with when playing with my brothers many come off pretty judgemental when you're not playing with the theme of good-and-pretty-races. Since I do like uglier races in general (namely for the variety, pretty races always seem to be a norm everywhere), I caught a lot of flack for being a Dwarf female or anything Gnome.
    That's...odd I mean my experience has been not a lot of fucks given who you chose as a race on Alliance. I personally don't care for Gnomes at all but I'm not gonna throw an attitude at you for it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That's...odd I mean my experience has been not a lot of fucks given who you chose as a race on Alliance. I personally don't care for Gnomes at all but I'm not gonna throw an attitude at you for it.
    For the beginning it was mostly Alliance, I remember sticking to it till near the end of TBC due to holding onto the rumor Goblins would been "bought out" by the Alliance and becoming the next playable race for them. When WotLK came out I all but gave up on that and went Horde (something I am a true fan of the traditional Horde motifs and themes), and since then stuck to it.

Oddly enough, I get flack only from some BEs here and there about my options, but that seems to come with the fanbase of Elves in general, literally everywhere. From Lingeage to Allods, Elves have a sizable chunk that are just downright dirty about the race they picked. So here's hoping the further we go down the BFA road we see more options people want to just be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    People may not be super passionate about their factions in general, but idk how many actually play both factions in the same amount. If you have a nice guild with people you like, it’s hard to play the other faction even on alts.
    I doubt there is any reason to consider 'play both factions in the same amount"

I grew up prefering horde because even though i loved gnomes i thought human models were basic, and didnt like night elves at all. my first real character was an orc shaman who i played regularly till late burning crusade. One of my main first guilds had a guild for peoples horde characters but wanted to stay associated with the same people. and i know many want cross faction dungeons and pvp.

What weirds me out is the weird ass sports like fanaticism. You see it with the football riots and ppl treating each other like shit over football. Even pokemon go has in some places yielded people threatening each other on opposite teams. But like...this is my game,. our game. Just cus like....I like 3 races enough to play them on one faction, while i only like 1 race on the other doesnt make me the first faction.

No ones is artificially going 'well i spent 10 hours last week on my alliance toons so i'll play my orc for 9 hours at least"

Like this is in regards to the story....so like...Even if i'm not invested in the Tauren, even if I play alliance i should at least be remotely pleased that the Tauren country has reuinited with its long lost cousins and those cousins were brought into their society. Like..thats the story...fullfilling itself...why would i be personally offended by it? If this is about the story of what happens to your characters....Like...thats an exciting opportunity. To be able to brainstorm how my character is worried and apprehensive about possibly crossing swords with allies..

and thats just what gets me...this has ALWAYS been an issue. not only in other stories but in warcraft.....Allied races have nothing to do with it. The Blood elves joined the horde despite being alliance before. The Orcs and Tauren and Elves and Humans worked together in the 3rd war in Kalimdors. Thats ...kinda Jaina's whole thing...."these are our allies...but because of the circumstances we are forced to fight". Ppl have been roleplaying half orcs and half elves and Humans and Trolls tired of faction conflict. many of us were excited to champion the Argent Crusade or the Ebon Blade. Horde and alliance worked together to grief Aldor and Scyer .

each individual player..npc, whoever are suppose to narratively have their own free will.

Factions are fake. its just a name. Nothing wrong with enjoying the team solidarity for the sake of UPLIFTING your allies but using it to get mad is pointless and petty.

just like every other similar thing. I'd say something similar to people who are annoyed that their favorite sports team didnt make it to the finals, ppl who cant congratulate an opposing OWL team just because their team lost.

its "GG" for a reason, not "GG EZ LOL"
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    That's not how neutrality works. If someone picks a side when war erupts between the factions that character is not neutral.
    ...You do realize i'm talking about Legion, yes? Ya know, where everyone was on the same side? -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    ...You do realize i'm talking about Legion, yes? Ya know, where everyone was on the same side? -_-
    And you do realize the very concept of neutrality is meaningless without the circumstances putting someone in the position to make the choice of being neutral? Someone is neutral only when the moment of choosing sides come, no sides are chosen. Khadgar and the WotLK/pre-MoP Dalaran are good enough examples of that. Turalyon and Alleria? Not really. We simply worked alongside blatantly Alliance-aligned characters, especially Alleria who fucking stated to hate the Horde while Horde characters were working with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Alliance players are still whining over the Nightborne joining the Horde? This is why Blizzard gives us better shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Alliance players are still whining over the Nightborne joining the Horde? This is why Blizzard gives us better shit.
    No, but your attitude could use some adjusting.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    Dude, all they told you was stop fucking dancing naked on mailboxes as a dwarf or gnome female.

Dude, all they told you was stop fucking dancing naked on mailboxes as a dwarf or gnome female.
    Hah! But seriously that type of play was never my jam.

I am a concept character artist. So my characters I make I build from a theme, a set of personality traits and the like, so I can feel connected to my characters and invested in them. So mailbox dancing was never a thing I considered (though oddly, through Classic and TBC, quite a few friends made some change off doing so).

10+ Year Old Account
    More stuff were added to the Vulpera race...
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=282635/v...ial-animations
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    More stuff were added to the Vulpera race...
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=282635/v...ial-animations
    Those tattoo were like added in build 26095. I just ignore them cus it requires a bit of effort to load them up. Nothing special it's not even real tattoo as we see on other models, but the filenames are called like that: Character\Vulpera\Male\VulperaMaleTattoo_00_00.blp
    You have only 2 types for each skin color, so not much for customization, hope they will add something more, because this looks like dalmatian dog :/

If we lived in an ideal world, the interview will be Ion dodging Allied Race questions for the entire interview to talk gameplay and lore, only to walk back in at that last second, flip the mic on, go "Horde: X X X for allied races, Alliance: X X X for theirs." Then drop the mic and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Because they favor the Horde and give the Alliance bad content?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think they will add any new zones this week?
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    They should, it's been two weeks now. Hopefully with a few dungeons aswell.