Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post

I'm sick of the people shitting on altoholics, who are you to dictate how we play the game.
    No one is shitting on you mr persecution complex. You're not playing 50 characters. Delete the one's you're not playing. If you are unable to do that seek professional help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

The 50 char limit is ok for me, but i wish they would increase the realm limit so i could have both ally and horde on the same realm.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree the 50 Character account cap needs to go.

Since Allied Races are going to be a thing now I would like it if blizzard would do a 100 character account cap. Atleast then you get have allied race characters and regular race characters without the 50 cap limit.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Quote Originally Posted by bloodrunner View Post
    The 50 char limit is ok for me, but i wish they would increase the realm limit so i could have both ally and horde on the same realm.
    They just increased realm slots, from 12 to 16.

50 is more than fine. People who need more than 50 have a problem they need to face instead of asking blizzard to encourage it.

Blizzard announced they would consider raising the 50 character cap if you can demonstrate you are actively playing 50 characters.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    They just increased realm slots, from 12 to 16.
    Which many of us filled with Allied Races as soon as they were available.

And posting here doesn't really help your cause.

Seeing more people approaching that cap just because of order hall gold now (its 30k a week). Basically they don't "play" the toons so much as do the order hall app after setting up the hall, but it's still a valid reason to get as many characters as you can. There's also the angle of having as many toons as possible for WQ completion and Love Rocket/other mount farming

The answer given at Blizzcon was similar to the 100 bnet cap limit (we'd like to talk to players who have 100 friends/50 characters), and then they eventually upped the cap

Depending on how many new races they add in the future, upping to 75 wouldn't be all that bad, but honestly I wish they'd up the friends limit to higher than 200. Already at the new cap for that, and that's an account wide one. At least with the 50 toon thing, you can create additional licenses, but the 200 is a hard cap across all bnet games.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2018-03-13 at 04:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    Why would you even have 50 characters when all the classes are 12, this is crazy
    no the question is more like "why WOULDNT you" especially now with all the new races coming.

I play full sets of alts (minumum 4 toons per server for professions) on 3 different servers. Working on getting a 4th server set up by BFA. Most of those characters are leveled to max, given a pair of useful crafting professions w/profitable daily cooldowns, and put to work. I get all the crafting toons processed while having my morning bacon & eggs. All those cooldowns add up to gold though, and that's primarily what I play for now.

I like trying to make a million on a new server. I like all the spreadsheets and the data and the analysis. I like investing in flipping things on the AH for profit. It's like playing a stock market simulator and, on way too many levels, it presses every last autistic button in my brain.

There is a solution, get another wow license, that will give you another 50 slots. I believe each battlenet account can have up 8 WoW licenses and all of them share achievements and collections so you still retain all your mounts/transmogs.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    What was Blizzard's main reason for having a character cap? Just curious.
    So someone couldn't start up an account and just take every single persons name on every single server, probably.
    Likely wouldn't even be too hard to scan the armory, then import all names into a bot to do that.

Or the person could simply be vindictive as fuck and just reserve someone they hates name on every single server, and all variations of it.
    I had an ex-guildie buy an entire license and do that, and 5 years later STILL pays for that second account, just so I can't use my name on any server I didn't already have it on. Never even did anything to him, and I left the guild because of him being a petty child. He did that before I could transfer off the next day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mate you have to much time on your hands. Maybe take that you are getting close to the 50 cap as a sign to do something else with your time. Get fit or something.
    Aye mate

So, in order to benefit to 0.1% of WoW's population who may actually be playing 50 characters regularly (...), we'll probably lower the conditions for everyone else.

Having more slots will have a negative impact on everyone. Because a lot of people will create 48 banks to fill with bullshit, impacting both the economy and the servers.

Thanks but no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    changed server 3 times already since started playing, 4 if u count my first lost account too, and while my characters on ghostlands are stuck at 85, there is NO WAY i'd delete them EVER
    however i'm still far away from 50, but i show u a situation where u can reach up to 30 easily
    This is pretty much my situation. I'm at the 50 cap because I'd rather level new characters than pay for transfers for all my characters, but I also don't want to delete the old characters in case I go back to those servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    So, in order to benefit to 0.1% of WoW's population who may actually be playing 50 characters regularly (...), we'll probably lower the conditions for everyone else.

Having more slots will have a negative impact on everyone. Because a lot of people will create 48 banks to fill with bullshit, impacting both the economy and the servers.

Thanks but no thanks.
    "A lot" of people will create bank alts, but it only benefits 0.1% of the population?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

InB4 "So they can sell more slots in the shop"

Honestly I don't know. My guess is that they needed to come up with a cap or a lot of very funny people would by now have created accounts with 1000 toons just to be annoying? You know..the kind of people who make BabaLoveVoodoo posts here or stand over NPCs on giant mounts?
    It's a restriction they set in Vanilla, which was obviously a very different game, especially when it comes to number of alts/characters. Other than "changing it now is really hard", there's probably not much reason to keep the cap. They already store more than 50 characters per account(so it probably isn't that hard to change), because your deleted characters(based on level) stay on their servers anyway. Also storage capacity went up massively since they first implemented the cap in 2004 or whatever, so that really shouldn't be much of a concern either.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I just hit the 30 mark myself, so any increase to the cap would be appreciated. Especially with Allied Races.

I'm not going to delete characters I've spent years getting attached to, even the ones I've now abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by tapczan100 View Post
    Nah

And posting here doesn't really help your cause.
    Blizzard reads these forums. I have even seen the occasional post by a blue in response.

Deleted
    I think you chose the wrong forum to whine around about this.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post

Thanks but no thanks.
    Nice hyperbole. AH goblins that can fill 48 banks can easily pay for as many accounts as they want with gold.