Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Yeah that is very true, and would get boring fast as can only go ooh ahh look at that tree and so on so many times..
    Well, I have hope, considering the kind of feedback the zone keeps getting. Chances are it'll be getting some looking into. Just compare the feedback different zones are getting yourself if you want a better idea what the primary issues with each zone are in the current alpha.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/22814308/

You don't even have to watch any clickbait.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Except that the Zandalar content actually has closer ties to Azshara than Kul Tiras so far. And just being sea monster hunters doesn't create a plot tie-in on its own.
    Especially when a lot of stuff he was talking about was stuff like the old fashioned 'kobolds in the mine' situation and where most zones were self contained little things rather then everything eventually mixing and building. Now if Azshara genetically engineered a kind of Onion to mess with the Kul'tirans then that would be different x)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

I really don't understand all you people bitching about Preach's video.

Do you want shit questing content and jumbled story lines?

Like, the guy is actually trying to give feedback and trying to help improve the game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I have hope, considering the kind of feedback the zone keeps getting. Chances are it'll be getting some looking into. Just compare the feedback different zones are getting yourself if you want a better idea what the primary issues with each zone are in the current alpha.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/22814308/

You don't even have to watch any clickbait.
    Yeah been reading some of them, found this one and how the second poster mentioned how the horde zones were more ready than the alliance ones..

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762027598

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    I really don't understand all you people bitching about Preach's video.

Do you want shit questing content and jumbled story lines?

Like, the guy is actually trying to give feedback and trying to help improve the game.
    Honestly, if they don't like Preach they can just look at the official Alpha feedback forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Especially when a lot of stuff he was talking about was stuff like the old fashioned 'kobolds in the mine' situation and where most zones were self contained little things rather then everything eventually mixing and building. Now if Azshara genetically engineered a kind of Onion to mess with the Kul'tirans then that would be different x)
    Nah. The onions actually keep the evil at bay. Everything could be solved with more onions.
    Yeah been reading some of them, found this one and how the second poster mentioned how the horde zones were more ready than the alliance ones..

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762027598
    It varies from zone to zone. Tiragarde Sound is definitely less complete than Zuldazar, so it's not really possible to review it right now.

I miss the days when the beta content was played a reviewed by Jesse Cox, TB, and I suppose even the YOGScast. WowCrendor did do some Alpha questing for BfA, so that's still there. I suppose I was more entertained and yet still informed about what is going on and what is changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    its alpha. end thread
    No, it's alpha, so please share your concerns while there's still time to change things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    And what discussion is that? All I'm seeing here is a bunch of cry babies crying over some shit-tier WoW streamer's shit-tier opinions about a game STILL IN ALPHA.

And your "now is the time to cry about it so they change it" makes no sense when you're crying on a forum that 0 devs will ever see. You're all just crying about it in your own echo chamber. Meanwhile, pros like me will be over here actually enjoying the game we paid for.
    "STILL IN ALPHA" means this is the perfect time to look at how it's coming along and share our concerns. "ALPHA" and alpha exist for this purpose. Preach has access to alpha because Blizz wants his feedback and cares what he thinks. You don't think he got the invite by rng, do you?

If you think 0 devs ever look at MMO-C, you aren't really thinking. No, this isn't the official feedback forum, but it's not like we're in a closed group secret channel. Preach, Taliesan & Evertell, Bellular... they all visit MMO-C regularly and reference it in their videos. What makes you think Blizz employees are different? I don't expect that they all check the forums daily, but I'm sure some of them do. And I'd be surprised if it wasn't someone's job at Blizz to monitor social media for any new trends.

But I'm sorry; did not realize you were a pro... what? Pro forum poster? Pro gamer? I was aware that Preach derives his income from talking about video games and is thus - by definition - a professional, but did not know you were in that same category.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2018-03-13 at 05:35 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

People who say "It's only Alpha". Make me laugh.

Dig up the old threads. Has Blizz ever changed anything once it was in Alpha? Answer's no. This content is final and Alliance can go f. themselves. Which is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Screw YouTube content creators and the ego they sailed in on. I can make up my own mind about whether or not I like the zones, the game or any other damn thing they want to talk about.

I'm fed up with the clear fact that all of these people understand that to get views they have to raise some controversy about this or that or some other thing. Fuck 'em. I can make up my own mind. I don't need them telling me how to think.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You can talk about it all you want. My argument is that YouTube content creators like Preach aren't that much different than you or I.

Efforts to get viewers by ginning up controversies over unfinished zones is a pretty good example of what's wrong with them.

I have an opinion too. There's nothing in my post that says people should stop talking about things. More they should stop taking YouTube videos as some kind of handed-down-from-above gospel. Holy shit, the entire premise for the thread is "Preach said...so they must be."
    With all due respect, one of your comments comes off as much more mature and balanced than the other.
    I too believe in thinking for myself. I also agree that Preach is not much different from you or I. He apparently visits the forums here, because he mentions them in his videos. I listen to his opinions the same way I read yours; overall he strikes me as having opinions worth listening to. On the one hand I don't always end up agreeing with him on everything, but on the other hand he has played the game at a high level for many years. His old video (Cata era) on basic intro to tanking is still a classic that I recommend to all new tanks. He doesn't strike me as full of himself - he makes fun of himself all the time. In this particular video, he says he played through both areas and one had a much better story than the other. So he talked to others who had alpha access and they were all feeling the same way. So finally he made a video to call attention to this disparity in hopes that Blizz would change things.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skyduke View Post

Dig up the old threads. Has Blizz ever changed anything once it was in Alpha? Answer's no. This content is final and Alliance can go f. themselves. Which is sad.
    MoP's Jade Forest was almost completely re-written in beta, if I remember right. So there is a precedent.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2018-03-13 at 06:10 AM.

Stopped reading at the "alliance is mostly played by children" when the allure of most horde characters appeal more to children.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Stopped reading at the "alliance is mostly played by children" when the allure of most horde characters appeal more to children.
    Watch the actual video, don't read the idiot's summary. Also, the only data regarding demographics I found didn't find any clear difference between Alliance and Horde players.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyduke View Post

You couldn't be more wrong.

Alpha is the phase when content is being added.

Beta is when the content is being polished.

Watch the actual video, don't read the idiot's summary. Also, the only data regarding demographics I found didn't find any clear difference between Alliance and Horde players.
    Maybe you watch the video, he says that loud and clear, that Alliance is played by children - and ofc, he doesn't have any evidence either, it's just the usual horde fanboy bullshit talk.
    Last edited by Louz; 2018-03-13 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    You shouldn't stop there. That was one line taken out of context. That's not a central point of the video, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong.

Alpha is the phase when content is being added.

Beta is when the content is being polished.

Maybe you watch the video, he says that loud and clear, that Alliance is played by children - and ofc, he doesn't have any evidence either, it's just the usual horde fanboy bullshit talk.
    He says "maybe". I don't know what data he's looking at, but he admits that he had trouble finding clear data. Also, he's only using it as idle speculation regarding why Blizzard developed the quests the way they did, and it's largely irrelevant to the main point. People who actually care about that line are just looking to be insulted.

I mean, seriously. God damn. How the fuck do you get so stuck up on the least relevant part of the video? If you don't like Preach wandering into trying to pull any reason out of his ass that he thinks might explain it, then give Nobbel a watch. He says 90% the same things in regards to the points that actually matter. Or give the official feedback forums a look. That way you don't have to be offended by an offhand comment.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2018-03-13 at 06:15 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It varies from zone to zone. Tiragarde Sound is definitely less complete than Zuldazar, so it's not really possible to review it right now.
    I think this is the main problem, in that streamers and everyone else are basing their opinions on a test phase where as stated in a post above this one, by Louz is that content is still being added..

Case in point I was involved in MoP beta, and one week I would be going this is cool, and you can do this and that and this quest does this, and the next week all of what I had learned had completely changed..

What we need to see is how things change once BfA gets close to beta and go from there..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2018-03-13 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Notes:

- The alliance zones might be light, happy, and non immersive because the alliance is mostly played by children
    This one, of course, is just non-factual Horde-boys talk. Haha, the other faction is just children! I don't even know how people say this with a straight face. It really just makes you look dumb.

As for the topic at hand - Blizzard has a long history of handing the Horde the world on a platter in quest content, and giving Alliance non-substantive content. This isn't new. Still, certainly in my own opinion having played both factions (on live), that doesn't make either side's questing better or worse. I actually found myself more bored with the overplayed bravado and/or absolute hypocrisy of the Horde than I did with any Alliance quest. Though the occasional "Ha ha, look at that gnome being wacky!" quest does grind at me, too.

(Obligatory lol, Preach)

I think this is the main problem, in that streamers and everyone else are basing their opinions on what is in essence still in most cases incomplete zones.. Case in point I was involved in MoP beta, and one week I would be going this is cool, and you can do this and that and this quest does this, and the next week all of what I had learned had completely changed..

What we need to see is how things change once BfA gets close to beta and go from there..
    They're in varying states of completion. Tiragarde Sound is very incomplete. Lots of placeholder stuff, and the main quest chain doesn't seem entirely implemented. Reviewing it right now is pointless.

Next comes Zuldazar. It's also clearly unfinished, but the main quest chain is completable. Still lots of bugs, and even some placeholder stuff, but the story comes through despite the lack of cinematics and it's compelling and strong. We can review this zone, understanding that it's presently highly unpolished, and realize it's already a great zone even as incomplete as it is. There is still content to be added here, but we can already see enough to judge it.

Nazmir and Drustvar are even more complete than Zuldazar. Nazmir is looking great. Sure, there was a bug where a dude throws you under the map, but that's an obvious bug that you can overlook because bugs are expected in Alpha. Nazmir's already receiving voiceovers. It's still getting some sidequests added, but the overall zone is pretty much what we're going to get. With the cinematics added in, of course. You can tell it's basically complete.

Drustvar isn't voiced, but it's also basically complete. It's still getting some new quests added here and there, but the stuff people have issues with aren't looking incomplete. We'll get a polished version of this very same Drustvar, unless the quest team takes the feedback and revisits the parts of the zone people have issues with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    This one, of course, is just non-factual Horde-boys talk. Haha, the other faction is just children! I don't even know how people say this with a straight face. It really just makes you look dumb.
    He doesn't even say it as an insult or mockingly. He's just reaching for a reason why Blizzard made certain design choices. If they felt they were designing it for a younger audience, then maybe that'd explain it. Maybe.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're in varying states of completion. Tiragarde Sound is very incomplete. Lots of placeholder stuff, and the main quest chain doesn't seem entirely implemented. Reviewing it right now is pointless.

Next comes Zuldazar. It's also clearly unfinished, but the main quest chain is completable. Still lots of bugs, and even some placeholder stuff, but the story comes through despite the lack of cinematics and it's compelling and strong. We can review this zone, understanding that it's presently highly unpolished, and realize it's already a great zone even as incomplete as it is. There is still content to be added here, but we can already see enough to judge it.

Nazmir and Drustvar are even more complete than Zuldazar. Nazmir is looking great. Sure, there was a bug where a dude throws you under the map, but that's an obvious bug that you can overlook because bugs are expected in Alpha. Nazmir's already receiving voiceovers. It's still getting some sidequests added, but the overall zone is pretty much what we're going to get. With the cinematics added in, of course. You can tell it's basically complete.

Drustvar isn't voiced, but it's also basically complete. It's still getting some new quests added here and there, but the stuff people have issues with aren't looking incomplete. We'll get a polished version of this very same Drustvar, unless the quest team takes the feedback and revisits the parts of the zone people have issues with.
    Ahh k well that is interesting, here is hoping they have something up their sleeve so to speak, still pretty much a case of wait and see for those not in Alpha..

• Preach has alpha access for a reason. Blizz did not invite him by accident. Preach has had alpha access every tier of every expansion for years now.
    • Preach would be the first to agree that at the end of the day he's just a guy with opinions like the rest of us, but in this case he talked to others on the alpha and heard they were all having similar impressions; that's when he decided to make this video.
    • The title of Preach's video is "BfA - Horde vs Alliance - Why is the content so different?!", not "Why Do The Alliance Zones Suck Compared To The Horde Ones?" Less incendiary, and to me a very reasonable question.
    • We all know Blizz's writing can be uneven. This is the company that gave us Suramar. And the company that gave us Broken Shore. It should come as no shock that some zones of BfA may be better written than others.
    • Alpha phase on the test realm exists for Blizz to get feedback. That's what it's for. If some of the content does feel sub-par, in any alpha player's opinion, I see no downside to them urging Blizz to improve it.

Ahh k well that is interesting, here is hoping they have something up their sleeve so to speak, still pretty much a case of wait and see for those not in Alpha..
    Pretty much. It's nothing to panic over, but I think people should be keeping an eye on it. Alpha is alpha, so there's still time for Blizzard to scrap parts of the zone and try again. There's really no point in screaming about bias just now or acting like it's the end of the world. The Alliance questing team is probably just going to have to review their work and spend a bit more time on it, is all.

If this was the state of the questing experience ten days before launch, that'd be the time to panic.

As it stands, Preach's main points are legitimate. He's not telling people to panic, but more just pointing out the kind of things he hopes to see improved. Drustvar isn't inherently flawed as a concept, it's got some really interesting plot hooks and all, it's mostly just that the quest implementation and way the story is told needs to be better.

That's all. With the feedback it's getting, I very much doubt that Blizzard is going to ignore its issues. I'm going to keep watching to see how they address them.