Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except that is very old lore (warcraft 3)
    Aside from what huth said, I think it's funny that you felt the need to tell me it's from warcraft 3 as if I didn't cite it as "WC3 manual".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Aside from what huth said, I think it's funny that you felt the need to tell me it's from warcraft 3 as if I didn't cite it as "WC3 manual".
    I know you did. But o was pointing out that back in wc3 the lore was very very very different. Then it has been for like 6 years now. But yeah high corrected me.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    N'Zoth's prison is smack dab in between Kul Tiras and Zandalar. Don't think it's a coincidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    N'Zoth's prison is smack dab in between Kul Tiras and Zandalar. Don't think it's a coincidence.
    Gonna rise from the depths, R'lyeh-style.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    That would be amazing.
    Or not, given how Deathwing encounter was received.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    You don't think there would be a fundamental difference between zone and a boss fight?

- - - Updated - - -

Now that I'm seeing this image, it would be really cool if Kul Tiras and Zandalar were part of the overworld and not separate servers. You could almost swim to Kul Tiras from Gilneas or Vashjir.

I feel like N'Zoth's prison is in Jaina's heart.

From all the information shared, and that N'Zoth is indeed located where Kul'Tiras and Zandalar is now...

It makes more sense now that Queen Azshara appears in the middle of the BfA expansion. I mean with such as increased activity from both factions on both isles could stir Queen Azshara and co to assume there is indeed an assault coming her way to prompt her to lash out.

Granted originally she and that ilk were neat the Maelstrom/the Rift, I wonder if they kept to it but like the kingdom far extended over time.

First time I've seen this map... that's cool.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

It's a cool prospect, but the map makes it look like a ton of the old land has sunken under the sea. Is there a conformation in the Chronicle that this happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    It's a cool prospect, but the map makes it look like a ton of the old land has sunken under the sea. Is there a conformation in the Chronicle that this happened?
    Yeah, it's called "The Sundering" where most of the landmass sunk as water from the surrounding ocean rushed in to fill it all.

Though there is one major problem I have with this and that is the zone Azshara was supposed to be the remains of the capital that was built along the left side of the well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Yeah, it's called "The Sundering" where most of the landmass sunk as water from the surrounding ocean rushed in to fill it all.

Though there is one major problem I have with this and that is the zone Azshara was supposed to be the remains of the capital that was built along the left side of the well.
    Suramar obviously was massive and was all around the Well and well the Suramar in Legion stayed around.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

this theory has one biggest flaw, every piece of land is not in the same position as it was when pangea existed; all the other prisons, facilities have moved miles away from their original position, considering the current state of the continents nzoth prison must be in the sea around the east part of vashj'ir.

Anyway is the world map not yet updated in the alpha?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    The premise of the Madness of Deathwing fight was awesome. It just wasn't done well in execution.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Anyway is the world map not yet updated in the alpha?
    No, but the one I used is the updated version from Chronicle Vol. 3, which was altered to suit the new appearance and locations of Zandalar and Kul Tiras.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Suramar obviously was massive and was all around the Well and well the Suramar in Legion stayed around.
    I'm talking about Zin-Azshari, not Suramar. Zin-Azshari was the capital of the of the Night Elves and built along the left side of the Well of Eternity. The remains of it are in the zone Azshara, but going by the new map of the original kalimdor, it makes no sense now. it used to be that the continent lost much of it's land mass but also was pushed out, which is no longer the case.

It's one of the biggest things that bothers me about the map.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I'm talking about Zin-Azshari, not Suramar. Zin-Azshari was the capital of the of the Night Elves and built along the left side of the Well of Eternity. The remains of it are in the zone Azshara, but going by the new map of the original kalimdor, it makes no sense now. it used to be that the continent lost much of it's land mass but also was pushed out, which is no longer the case.

It's one of the biggest things that bothers me about the map.
    The original explanation was that beside a huge chunk of the original pangea sunken the part that remained afloat shifted apart from the center of the explosion, i don't know if blizzard somewhat retconned this part if not the current continents are much more far away from the maelstrom than they were from the well of eternity.

this is why i think n'zoth prison must have shifted like everything else far away from the maelstrom and could be positioned around north-east vashj'ir.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

It's shown in-game when we first get to Suramar. The Sundering not only sank large amounts of ancient Kalimdor into the newly-formed sea, but it also spread the newly-formed continents apart.

~37 seconds in.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and no. A lot of land did sink but those two maps are not in scale with one another. Just look at where it places Uldaman pre sundering compared to the sundered picture, it ends up in the ocean if you look at them overlayed. The zones used to be closer together, all the water between them isn't just ocean filling gaps after land sunk.

Look how close some of those labeled areas are together

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    It's shown in-game when we first get to Suramar. The Sundering not only sank large amounts of ancient Kalimdor into the newly-formed sea, but it also spread the newly-formed continents apart.

[video=youtube;TUBPeRsGJ7A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUBPeRsGJ7A[video]

~37 seconds in.
    Well. That's a way better visualization. I totally forgot about that.
    Last edited by Izalla; 2018-03-13 at 06:15 AM.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Well. That's a way better visualization. I totally forgot about that.
    It also shows that they didn't just split apart, they actualy deformed quite significantly. Stuff's relative positions shifted around quite a bit.