Thread: Raider IO

Raider IO

So just a bit of background. Never got much into the M+ scene before, ran for the chest and that's about it. But with my recent change in work schedule, raiding is all but dead for me now outside of pugs. So I've been thinking about mixing things up and getting deep into the M+ scene. Problem is I keep hitting the wall of people saying my score is to low anytime I que for a key over 10.

After a bit of research I found out about raider IO and how it ranks M+ scores. That's all fine and dandy but I can't find any reliable way to up my score. keep hearing different things, and that you have to rank in the top 100 and clear every mythic weekly in order to increase your score. That sounds a bit absurd to me, but is it true?

I really just want to up my score and start getting into groups for higher keys, but not sure how to get my foot in the door.........or even where the door is for that matter.

Deleted
    Whenever you clear a m+ it will be added to blizzards leaderboard:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ga...lack-rook-hold

The list only shows up to 100 but the API actually supports the top 500. The website Raider.IO collects all of its information from here. Your run will be worth a certain number of score points, depending on the level of the key first and the time you completed it in second. Your total m+ score is the highest score you have for each dungeon added together, so in order to get a good score, you have to run every single dungeon on a high enough key.

In order to up your score further, you simply run the same dungeon on a higher level as you have ranked, or the same level but in faster time. My suggestion for getting started is to either play with friends, or others who are in a similar situation like you with low scores, if the run goes well add them to your friends list and keep running with them.

Pugging is always hit and miss, even on higher keys you will on occasion run into people who die to the charge on the first boss in DHT and then rage-quit, or fail to jump up the ship in EoA and instead decide to hearthstone out, pugs will be pugs after all. For the ultimate experience you'll want to run with the same team each week, great teamwork will help immensely in higher keys and is one of the most lacking aspects of pugs.
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2018-03-12 at 05:46 PM.

Not all pugs look at score, though many do.

Go earlier in the week (Tuesday) when the leader board isn't filled up yet. Look for pugs where the leader is from a bad server, server that doesn't have many m+ runs. Keep in mind that the leaderboard is server specific. So, if you or someone from the group is from a bad server, it's easier to get on the leaderboard and have your score counted.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tclphz View Post

Go earlier in the week (Tuesday) when the leader board isn't filled up yet. Look for pugs where the leader is from a bad server, server that doesn't have many m+ runs. Keep in mind that the leaderboard is server specific. So, if you or someone from the group is from a bad server, it's easier to get on the leaderboard and have your score counted.
    Eh, that's really not necessary ever since they increased the API to 500. Haven't heard of anyone having problems ranking since they did, even people's +2's are added at times.

You can always level your own key.

But yes, you need to do it early in the week if you are on a crowded server, or have people from lower population realms so you are listed in the top 500.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2018-03-12 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tclphz View Post

I thought I'd add to this and say that we have a special leaderboard on the site that shows the current status of keys for each realm. Just pick the region you need at the top:

https://raider.io/mythic-plus/realms/us/current

Quote Originally Posted by Ulsoga View Post
    I thought I'd add to this and say that we have a special leaderboard on the site that shows the current status of keys for each realm. Just pick the region you need at the top:

Wow, nice to know, never noticed that section. Really helpful to see what Keystone Level to target.

You don't have to run every dungeon weekly; you should try to run every dungeon at least once, on whatever ++ you can handle, so you have at least something recorded for that dungeon. If you haven't run one at all (this tier, so since Antorus opened), your score for that one will be zero, which will bring down your overall score.

After you've run all of them at least once, your score will stay until the next tier opens, and we may not even get another tier before BfA. So all you'll need to do each week is watch for opportunities to improve your score by re-running the ones you score lowest in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulsoga View Post

lol ~ Gotta love how - even on the fullest realms - a +2 Seat will make it on leader boards.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kelborne View Post
    So just a bit of background. Never got much into the M+ scene before, ran for the chest and that's about it. But with my recent change in work schedule, raiding is all but dead for me now outside of pugs. So I've been thinking about mixing things up and getting deep into the M+ scene. Problem is I keep hitting the wall of people saying my score is to low anytime I que for a key over 10.

After a bit of research I found out about raider IO and how it ranks M+ scores. That's all fine and dandy but I can't find any reliable way to up my score. keep hearing different things, and that you have to rank in the top 100 and clear every mythic weekly in order to increase your score. That sounds a bit absurd to me, but is it true?

I really just want to up my score and start getting into groups for higher keys, but not sure how to get my foot in the door.........or even where the door is for that matter.
    Un install that cancerous add on,
    Level your own stone

You'll get groups just fine without io, each week dungeons are getting easier and easier,

Hell I have a tank OS and I hate and I'm quite literally shit at it but I can do a +11 without a healer.

Just apply to groups and avoid the ones asking for io, from my person exp the number of groups asking for it is dwindling
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post

lol ~ Gotta love how - even on the fullest realms - a +2 Seat will make it on leader boards.
    If you look at EU - Draenor, every key is at least a +12, while Seat is +2 (seems to be the same scenario on all the full realms) :P I think that just explains how much people hate Seat.

It's quite sad to see how 90 % of the realms are dead regarding M+ (probably just dead in general) while the few big servers have all the activity. I think we need a merge for all those small servers. Oh well, that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Un install that cancerous add on,
    Level your own stone

You'll get groups just fine without io, each week dungeons are getting easier and easier,

Hell I have a tank OS and I hate and I'm quite literally shit at it but I can do a +11 without a healer.

Just apply to groups and avoid the ones asking for io, from my person exp the number of groups asking for it is dwindling
    I tanked a +16 VoW this week with a pug group. Wasn't picky about scores - was on an alt who already had a 15 done, so not fussed - just invited 960+ and good group comp. No one switched to orbs; I could not get them all myself; we wiped 3x before 1st boss and healer left in frustration. Started over with a 15 key, got a bit pickier with scores and had a smooth run.

Scores aren't everything, but they're better than nothing when you have to pick among strangers.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I tanked a +16 VoW this week with a pug group. Wasn't picky about scores - was on an alt who already had a 15 done, so not fussed - just invited 960+ and good group comp. No one switched to orbs; I could not get them all myself; we wiped 3x before 1st boss and healer left in frustration. Started over with a 15 key, got a bit pickier with scores and had a smooth run.

Scores aren't everything, but they're better than nothing when you have to pick among strangers.
    This exactly, score isnt everything, but when you have nothing to go on short of interviewing everyone who signs up its a decent indicator of experience.

If you have a lower score you should make your own groups/run with guildmates or friends.

Deleted

Had the same experience last evening. 1 run - hunter with some 3k'ish score, 78 artifact, taking out all orbs like a machine. 2 run - hunter with 80 artifact, low score, no tier - no orb management = wiped a few times because only I was on them.
    Last edited by mmoc806dd679c9; 2018-03-13 at 01:21 PM.

I have to say, the addon might be cancerous in the way that everyone asks for a stupid amount for a group but it is better than no scores.
    Going from my tanks who are 3-4k and barely wiping at all even with 4 pugs, to a new alt or whatever, your stuck with people around 1-2k score in most cases and in most cases the groups suck ass.

Just did a +15 arcway as disc, was a guild group who just ran and pulled, no interrupts, standing in all the frontal cone one shots, ignoring EVERY orb, the rat pack took us 5pulls until i told the pally/dk to focus orbs...
    Before we had even got to first boss we must've had 30+ deaths, and we had 93m damage taken from explosives.

I simply said it would be nice to state in description if they don't know the dungeon and the 4 proceeded to flame and blame healing on 1 shot deaths being orbs / frontal aoe. They said they let the phase blast and the heals go off because they had 2 mages, pally tank and a dk, mages have a long int CD, so i asked what was wrong with the dks interrupt, all hes done is stand in every elementals frontal, and died to every single one, at which he replied "You are here to heal me through it".

At this point, all hope is lost, these are the sort of people you will find without the add on because idiots do 15s due to how easy they are. If not for these specific affixs, there tactic of running into everything would actually allow them to do the dungeon. Teeming-Explosive however is a bit punishing to ignoring every mechanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shufflez View Post
    I think that just explains how much people hate Seat.
    Whilst opinions on various dungeons differ from person to person, seat does indeed seem to be the one that nearly everyone agrees on is just awful. I personally hope Blizzard has really taken notice of this, and never design a dungeon like it ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Whilst opinions on various dungeons differ from person to person, seat does indeed seem to be the one that nearly everyone agrees on is just awful. I personally hope Blizzard has really taken notice of this, and never design a dungeon like it ever again.
    My only problem with it on m+ is that the portal spawns in the 2nd area are random (or they were last time I did it). Meaning you sometimes have to pull extra to get 100%, and you sometimes have to dodge a lot of stuff to not overpull too much

By and large, getting every dungeon ran will help immensely - even if it’s a low key. After that, just try to consistently improve; think of M+ as a five man raid. Not for the least reason that bosses at 16+ hit harder than most mythic ABT bosses. :P

It’s not even that an outdoor area is bad; it’s the mob density, placement, and patrols. The dungeon is designed just fine, it’s populated poorly.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    It’s not even that an outdoor area is bad; it’s the mob density, placement, and patrols. The dungeon is designed just fine, it’s populated poorly.
    Populated poorly, awful aesthetics (it convinced me pretty quickly that a void themed expansion would suck), constant bombardment of those extra adds to make matters worse and random attacks from flying creatures which have a tendency to drop by at the worst of times, sometimes even during boss-fights. The random placement of those portals is really not all that great either. I don't mind the randomness of Vault, lower kara or even CoS because in those you mostly pull things the same way regardless, but seat completely changes the routes sometimes and it drives me nuts as a tank.

I mean seagulls are awful in EoA but at least they mostly stay in place. =/
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2018-03-13 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by That guy maybe View Post
    My only problem with it on m+ is that the portal spawns in the 2nd area are random (or they were last time I did it). Meaning you sometimes have to pull extra to get 100%, and you sometimes have to dodge a lot of stuff to not overpull too much
    The portals were recently "fixed". Now they have fixed order/locations.

random attacks from flying creatures which have a tendency to drop by at the worst of times, sometimes even during boss-fights.
    The flying trash was finally fixed earlier this year, now they no longer fly through the locations of the 2nd and 3rd boss fights, so there is no risk pulling them accidentally.