Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My rogue pre 7.3.5 took 24 hours my last 3 toons post 7.3.5 took 60 plus hours the last one being my warrior taking closer to 70 yes it takes way longer to hit max level bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    Blizz has already stated that the issue with Dungeon experience was a bug related to people receiving less experience because people of higher level getting queued into the same instance. They also buffed the experience rewards in dungeons to compensate for the longer clear times. Leveling right now is actually in a really good spot, where it is in general just as quick, or for certain level ranges, even quicker. http://www.wowhead.com/news=281885.5...ience-hotfixes Link posted to the blue post about it
    It still gives nowhere near the same amount and the same speed as befor.
    And no, it's not in a good place. It's unplayable and boring as heck.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    And no, it's not in a good place. It's unplayable and boring as heck.
    I mean.... that's just your opinion. There are many people who are actually enjoying their new leveling experience getting to actually experience zones that were normally completely glossed over. Sorry if this one aspect of the game isn't perfectly tailored to you anymore, since there are plenty of people who have already shared their personal experience and how they feel like it isn't too slow, even if it does take a little longer than prior. If you think it isn't worth your time then feel free to purchase a 110 boost to bypass it.

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    Why do you exclude powerleveling from this? The title of this thread is "Leveling in 7.3.5 is not actually slower that it was in 7.3.", therefore you're claiming that all kinds of leveling methods are as fast in 7.3.5 as they were in 7.3 - which includes powerleveling, or even RAF.

To provide proof to a claim like that, you'd have to:

1. Establish the limits of your experiment. I'd say the inclusion of RAF, level 100 boost and XP Pots as leveling methods / helpers is debatable
    2. Determine the fastest recorded time for 0-110 in 7.3 - not only from yourself, but across the whole playerbase
    3. Determine the fastest recorded time for 0-110 in 7.3.5 - again, whole playerbase
    4. Compare results

Only then you satisfy the claim you've made - anything else you say is irrelevant.
    You sir - just won the internet.
    OG poster needs to science.

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    I mean.... that's just your opinion. There are many people who are actually enjoying their new leveling experience getting to actually experience zones that were normally completely glossed over. Sorry if this one aspect of the game isn't perfectly tailored to you anymore, since there are plenty of people who have already shared their personal experience and how they feel like it isn't too slow, even if it does take a little longer than prior. If you think it isn't worth your time then feel free to purchase a 110 boost to bypass it.
    Yeah, but they could just have left dungeons alone or buffed heirlooms so that players of all sides could enjoy the game. But nope, Blizzard saw fun and had to remove it.
    Nerfing leveling to shit, nerfing RAF, XP potions removed, heirlooms nerfed. I mean, it's very, very obvious that they were not actually trying to improve anything here.

They want to make it tedious so that people would rather pay for boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    During my quickest run it was a day and a half at most, actual played time, not afking and idling. Post 7.3.5 I've only leveled my lock.
    IIRC he wanted /played post 7.3.5 posted.

My frost dk, that is one of the easiest to level and one that I had just gotten up to 110 has... 2 days, 0 hours, 6 minutes, 43 seconds.

Basically, slower. Not by that much but then another class aside this one, my warlock did it in... 3 days, 0 hours, 36 minutes, 10 seconds. Granted perhaps a max. ~hour of login time at 110 right now.

Before all this, both of those would've gotten it done in under 2 days, warlock included.

I stand by my point, leveling is longer, the only bit of misunderstandings may be from people who perceive it as faster when they get to legion content, where indeed it is as fast as it was before and much faster in comparison to where they'd be coming from, WoD areas. It and WoD are likely the fastest brackets. Although for me personally, WoD feels boring on the alliance side so I have a bias here.

PS. Lightforged Paladin has it's played at 3 days, 13 hours, 53 minutes, 50 seconds. Granted this guy has at least 2 hours of login time at 110. This was the first one I started grinding once 7.3.5 had hit. The DK was the latest one of those 3, I have another on the way right now(druid) that has @93 2 days, 9 hours, 6 minutes, 17 seconds into leveling. Will be well above 3 days at 110.

OP's title is wrong. And since he bases all of his stuff on his opinion, I base my observation on mine and mister Fabled' here who'se 1 day and 12 hours is the benchmark score as max. time it would take to 110 pre 7.3.5 in this comparison. Therefore, you're touting BS OP. It is longer, fact or as it would more properly be called, opinion.

PPS. I'm not doing anything super special in leveling, just normal questing and occasional dungeons, which I'm most sure of Fabled didn't have some hacks in mind either.

EDIT: I actually forgot that DK starts from 55, making this point even better in my favor, since all the guys from 1-110 are steadily hitting at least 3 days played.
    Last edited by Nussa; 2018-03-13 at 09:34 AM.

I'm not touching leveling in 7.3.5 until dungeons and heirlooms are where they need to be to make the experience enjoyable.

Until then i will either do exploits to level quick or not do anything at all.

Deleted
    Kudos to OP for the effort but you are wasting your time this place is filled with low tier players that cannot understand they suck at wow and need to blame blizzard.

Also there are no proofs regarding " quest exp nerfed " or " dungeon exp nerfed " only the usual troll/nayers spamming " durr quest exp nerfed"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Irrelevant in this case, and yes 3 days is painfully slow. for someone that only has 1 hr / day on average it will take 2.5 month to just level up, if you think that is proper speed i disagree with you totally on this one.
    1hr per day? Wrong game man.

I'm currently leveling an alt and the rythm, for solo-pexing (few dungeons for quests, but mainly solo questing), looks the same as before. Haven't tried a more efficient way, I'm trying to enjoy the questing as it is now.

There are some scaling issues though. Gathering seems perfectly random that is frustrating. Plants and Rocks seem not to scale at all with 7.3.5 changes so sometimes that's 2k xp, sometimes 80xp. Frustrating.

Some dungeons are also painful with mobs and bosses having a bit too much HP. Blizzard, dungeons bosses were never the most interesting content in World of Warcraft, that's even more true for low level dungeons. You'll see in 5 seconds the full encounter, nobody wants/needs to have a 3-minute boss fight where literally nothing happens.

I think the most interesting benefit is that you get to see a lot of people leveling now. Probably more linked to Allied Races than the leveling change, but still, that's a huge plus.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    1 to 60 is considerably slower but after that I maintain its the same speed until you can get to mop. At that point it is significantly faster.
    No, it isn't "considerably" slower. If it is slower at all, it is marginally slower at best. The only major difference between 7.3.5 and prior is that you can get to level 60 in just a couple of zones worth of quests in lieu of being too high level after a handful of quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Nussa View Post
    IIRC he wanted /played post 7.3.5 posted.
    He has my post 7.3.5 /played, it took longer, albeit I wasn't trying to push for the fastest time, it would of still taken longer, but not by much.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Considering before the changes you could 1 or 2 shot every mob up to and including Cata and now you can't then I'd say its definitely slower.

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    Why do you exclude powerleveling from this? The title of this thread is "Leveling in 7.3.5 is not actually slower that it was in 7.3.", therefore you're claiming that all kinds of leveling methods are as fast in 7.3.5 as they were in 7.3 - which includes powerleveling, or even RAF.
    Exactly. All the powerleveling tricks were killed. Powerleveling was dramatically faster in 7.3.0. Leveling via solo questing was probably a bit faster, but not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Not really feeling the slower either just did my void elf however i know all quests all looms flying enchantmens also did karazhan solo 70-80 takes less then 2 hours also bought all epics and legendary at 101 made 101-110 few hours.
    does KZ scale? I ask because you could potentially do something similar with the cataclysm raids to get yourself from 85-90 (though none of them are particularily full of trash as KZ with the exception of maybe FL)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Exactly. All the powerleveling tricks were killed. Powerleveling was dramatically faster in 7.3.0.
    Powerleveling should be killed.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not understand why the vocal minority complains this. Even leveling is really slower (which in fact it is not), what is wrong with a slower leveling?

Stop saying you want "options" since you hate other people's options like classic servers.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Stop saying you want "options" since you hate other people's options like classic servers.
    They should have snail leveling for the folks that want it, and should have boosted the XP heirlooms give for people who want to level fast. There is, in fact, nothing wrong with allowing both styles of play. The only reason Blizzard wrecked leveling the way they have is to keep people subbed during their long content drought between expansions and maybe boost the sale of level boosts as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    They should have snail leveling for the folks that want it, and should have boosted the XP heirlooms give for people who want to level fast. There is, in fact, nothing wrong with allowing both styles of play. The only reason Blizzard wrecked leveling the way they have is to keep people subbed during their long content drought between expansions and maybe boost the sale of level boosts as well.
    lol. sounds like boost is not so called option for you.
    stop saying you want option when you hate old models.

lol. sounds like boost is not so called option for you.
    stop saying you want option when you hate old models.
    That gibberish has nothing to do with what I posted.

If Blizzard allowed both groups to level as they wanted this issue would be a moot point. Some of us don't like painfully slow leveling. I've played since vanilla. I played through the Cata revamp multiple times. I don't need to see each and every quest again.

Like I said, it's a cheap way to keep people subbed during the drought and to maybe sell a few boosts, nothing more.

I do not understand why some people are whinning leveling is slower in 7.3.5. I doubt whether they did level characters before 7.3.5 and after 7.3.5.

I did level characters in both 7.3 and 7.3.5 manually without any power leveling. They all took me 3 days play time. Maybe they could just level in 10 minutes from 1-110 before and now they could not?

At least, you need provide me evidence why it is slower. In fact, you can now queue multiple dungeons with different quests which actually increase your leveling speed. It is true that some health of NPCs in draenor is not well-tuned.

However, leveling is not actually slower. That is false.

BTW. You should avoid leveling in contested territory from 1-60 in pvp servers to avoid PVP. There is no good reason to go to these zones any more. If i knew that before, it would take me even less time.
    I've leveled multiple toons Pre 7.3, 7.3 and 7.3.5 and it is definitely slower. Dungeons with BoA could net me a good chunk of XP, now they aren't. I'm lucky to get 1 level with multiple XP bonuses from Premade Finder.

Another way I can tell XP is nerfed is when I help a friend use RAF. Pre 7.3 and 7.3 they could gain 2-4 levels PER dungeon. Now they are only getting 1 level IF even that with RAF + BoA's. Before anyone ask, yes they still have the 300% boost active due to it being activated prior to the cutoff date. So 300% shouldn't be getting 1 level per dungeon even with drastically reduced XP per mob kill as the huge XP boost came from the Dungeon Objective + Bonus Objectives + Quests.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2018-03-13 at 11:00 PM.