Poll: Which plot device will restrain Draenei/Lightforged technology?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Which plot device will restrain Draenei/Lightforged technology?

None of us expect BfA to be about the Vindicaar blasting battlefields from orbit, or about squadrons of Lightforged Warframes bypassing castle walls. The trailer for BfA suggests war on Azeroth will continue in more traditional fantasy mode. I can think of several plot devices Blizz can use to explain why this might happen. Which do you think they will use?

Poll incoming. I will of course fail to anticipate everyone's thoughts on the matter, so will include an option for "You left out...". Please tell us which obvious answer I stupidly left out in your comments (no offense taken).

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I imagine that the plot device used will be to conviently forget that the technology exists.

Quote Originally Posted by WorgDruid View Post
    I imagine that the plot device used will be to conviently forget that the technology exists.
    I thought of that one! And included it! Winning so far.

I had the same thought but i came up whit an idea: What if the Vindicaar needs the argunite crystal we farm now on Argus, lorewise it would be super hard to get them once sargeras was defeated and the rift closed?

By having a limited fuel resource it could cripple the Vindicaar and there by making it the last hope in the war.

Deleted
    It's called Sylvanas

One caveat, we already know the Vindicaar doesn't crash because it's a part of the Lightforged campaign.

I've been wondering this same thing, since they announced allied races. No one seems to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    It's called Sylvanas
    Sure. They can have magic do anything, right? They could decide that Sylvanas can shoot arrows into space that explode space ships. So is this a vote for "Technology doesn't matter because magic"?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennsson View Post
    I had the same thought but i came up whit an idea: What if the Vindicaar needs the argunite crystal we farm now on Argus, lorewise it would be super hard to get them once sargeras was defeated and the rift closed?

By having a limited fuel resource it could cripple the Vindicaar and there by making it the last hope in the war.
    This seems lost likely, at least in regards to the Vindicaar's full functionality. Warframes are a different matter as the players have access to a less powerful mount version. Then again, all players have had access to flying mounts and yet we're not just flying over these walls in cinematics. Maybe player flight outside of windriders is non-cannon somehow? lol

Entirely possible to extend your explanation further with argunite crystals fueling the weaponry and/or the warframes were left behind (I don't remember there being any/many on the Vindicaar off hand)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    One caveat, we already know the Vindicaar doesn't crash because it's a part of the Lightforged campaign.

I've been wondering this same thing, since they announced allied races. No one seems to care.
    I don't think they will really have it crash, because that joke is getting old. But then again, would it have to be in orbit for the LF to be using it? I mean, the Draenei have been using the Exodar for years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    This seems lost likely, at least in regards to the Vindicaar's full functionality. Warframes are a different matter as the players have access to a less powerful mount version. Then again, all players have had access to flying mounts and yet we're not just flying over these walls in cinematics. Maybe player flight outside of windriders is non-cannon somehow? lol

Entirely possible to extend your explanation further with argunite crystals fueling the weaponry and/or the warframes were left behind (I don't remember there being any/many on the Vindicaar off hand)
    Cinematics are clearly no fly zones; Anduin and Genn haven't gotten around to completing Pathfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I can think of several plot devices Blizz can use to explain why this might happen.
    Why do you even expect it will be explained? Did they ever explain why blood elves just dont use the power of the sun well to blast everyone off? or how the SOO siege technology is suddenly forgotten? How we have accurate cannons and guns but people are still using bows and swords? there are tons of balance breaking weapons they need to handle before they get to light forged tech.

Speaking lore wise, there is also like what 50 lightforged left? We literally picked up survivors of their last spaceship on a desperate final assault which crashed on argus and they continued on fighting with us until argus, losing even more people.. I don't get how they were worth creating an allied race over but high elves were not, there are like a couple dozen of them at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I don't think they will really have it crash, because that joke is getting old. But then again, would it have to be in orbit for the LF to be using it? I mean, the Draenei have been using the Exodar for years.
    It is in orbit. You can see Azeroth from the deck. Oddly enough, no sword of sarg. So it's either timeframed AFTER during BFA launch and we're just getting the preorder sneak peak OR someone fell asleep at the wheel and forgot to put the sword in lol

We know Blizzard and their lore.

We surely know Blizzard and their Alliance lore.

We definitely know Blizzard and their draenei lore.

The Vindicaar might be a minor plot point three or four expansions from now, after someone has asked them about it every Blizzcon.

Since Lightforged Draenei are not humans, and Vindicaar is not human creation, it will be completely forgotten.

Also, Velen is the definition of pacifist. He'd rather let his allies die and pray to the light than act.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Also, Velen is the definition of pacifist. He'd rather let his allies die and pray to the light than act.
    Why fight if you can just mass rez till enemy just gives up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    It's called Sylvanas
    Yeah this, the Horde can have facemelting weapons of mass the destruction, but the powerhouse that is Draenei technology is probably going to be swept under the rug

Since Lightforged Draenei are not humans, and Vindicaar is not human creation, it will be completely forgotten.

Velen doesn't control the Lightforged. Turalyon would use it if he felt it was necessary.

OT: We've seen them fail to use it effectively in Antorus when it's right in front of our faces.
    "OK, now that you've defeated this powerful enemy we can fire our very powerful main weapon and break down that blast door. What do you mean why didn't we use it on him?"
    I can't see them doing much better when it's out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    We know Blizzard and their lore.

We surely know Blizzard and their Alliance lore.

We definitely know Blizzard and their draenei lore.

The Vindicaar might be a minor plot point three or four expansions from now, after someone has asked them about it every Blizzcon.
    Too fucking true. I laughed.

I dunno man. He got fed up and chased Kil'Jaeden through the portal under the Tomb of Sargeras. He's done being passive (maybe).

Vindicaar may just stay on Argus to clean up
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

These poll results make me sad, it shows how little faith we all have in Blizzards writing

10+ Year Old Account
    They run out of those... cores? and crystals used to power up the Vindicaar and the Warframes. There are a couple of dailies where we collect those, and appear to be rather plentiful in Argus, but not in Azeroth.

They might also stay in Argus. The demons might be scattered and leaderless, but not eradicated.
    Last edited by Santti; 2018-03-13 at 10:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?