Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd like to see the removal of the 50 characters per account too. I recently just hit 50 myself, but deleted a couple that were still <10/

About 14 of them are 110, another 5-8 are 90-100. The rest are for when I am leveling with different friends along with the allied races I made.

Just because someone doesn't "actively" play them every day doesn't mean they aren't there for a reason. Some people enjoy having toons on multiple servers for friends, same classes on both factions, or just plain leveling with friends when they want too.

I see the usual replies that was to be expected

Its funny when people say get help and then say oh i raid hardcore spending hours and hours a week but laugh at people who have nearly 50 toons by people who have been playing for over 10 years!! Plus didnt you play WoD?

Also that old chestnut OH you cant play all of them? Well thats not the point just like OH you cant use all your mounts or OH you cant use all your Pets.

I take great pleasure leveling up a toon and fitting it out in badass gear and if you have a problem with that then ask yourself why?

Like i said i have put this on the official forums and got the same replies even though not one of them ask themselves How does this really affect me?

Seriously will it really affect you if blizz ups the account limit? I know people get off playing devils advocate and i understand that because i do too but seeing people attack someone how they play there game a game which they pay good money to play btw seems a bit douchey just like i would never attack someone who PVPs 24/7 or someone who raids so hardcore they are at it every night.

MMOs are a niche thing and not everyone enjoys doing the thing you enjoy so please keep that in mind.

5+ Year Old Account
    With all of these new races coming onboard, it will be ridiculous if Blizz doesn't increase the limit soon. Hell, between 2 servers of 16 toons each, you're already hitting 60%+ of your capacity. Deleting toons is not an option for anyone who put time and effort into their toons, especially RPers.
    Owner & Operator of The Barrens Grind Support Group
    Survivor of Early TBC Ganklethorn Vale
    Horde Till I Die

Quote Originally Posted by Draklor View Post
    I think you chose the wrong forum to whine around about this.

Regards
    Dude this isnt my first rodeo here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Castrum View Post
    With all of these new races coming onboard, it will be ridiculous if Blizz doesn't increase the limit soon. Hell, between 2 servers of 16 toons each, you're already hitting 60%+ of your capacity. Deleting toons is not an option for anyone who put time and effort into their toons, especially RPers.
    Exactly

/ten chars

also i cant wait when blizz adds so many allied toons in BfA that people who laughed at us so called saddos is whining to blizz to up the limit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron locust View Post
    I dont mind the 50 limit, but Id like to not have a limit per server. Mostly because of the Allied Races. We got four more slots...and four new allied races.
    Fingers crossed that they open more slots per realm when the other allied races come out
    I don't have problems with server limits, because I have my Horde chracters on 2 connected servers in the same guild, and mirror that for my Alliance characters as well. As long as they keep increasing the server limit, I will be fine. But 50 characters does not leave me much room anymore for new allied races. I have 3 spare slots for 2 Zandalari characters and 1 for a Dark Iron Dwarf, then my account is full. Racechanging my existing characters would not work for RP reasons. :/

I would not mind to pay 10-20 EUR to add 25 or 50 additional character slots to my account, instead of paying 2 subs.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2018-03-13 at 08:19 AM.

Just for anyone saying you can never have 50 characters / time to play them....

I've been playing on the same account for 12 years and heres my rough break down (we had a similar thread a few months ago and I posted the exact numbers)

Main server: I have 13 toons: the lowest of which is 55 my void elf mage. 5 of the others are 110, the rest are 90+
    Switched server: I have 5 toons: When I left my original server for a bigger raid scene I started from scratch, I made a new raiding main, 3 alts 1 bank alt
    Uni Server: I have 3 toons: When I went to uni, I joined the gaming society and again started from scratch.

That's 21 characters which at some point in time I've actually played properly.

Now the others,

I have multiple twinks on different servers, for example I've got 4 level 80 twinks all of them have heroic ICC gear and all of them play a different role, they also have a set of Herald of the Titans gear for a run.

I have 4 level 70's (Monk, Rogue, DK x2) which I don't religiously grind to get the glaives but I do a fair few times. One is also a RP'er (DK) who earned the netherwing and mana ray mounts before everything was account bound (pretty proud of that)

I have 3 level 60 twinks - Hardly use these ever, but back in TBC and Wrath I grinded my arse off to get enough honor for them to have the level 60 sets.

I have 1 85 in progress in twink

1 100 in progress twink

That makes 12 more,

So I'm up to 33.

I hit 38 from leveling projects which I've started randomly, then totally dropped - Push comes to shove these are the toons I'd delete if needed. But some of them have memories on them, for example one level 60 blood elf dk called rose did a fair bit of pvp on her and stopped 1% off leveling up. She has the level 60 pvp wep.

I also have 8 level 1 characters on our servers linked server. I use these for guild activities such as scavenger hunts.

So that brings me around the 45 mark. Now with the exception of the 8 level 1 toons and one allied race I've not created a new toon in over 2 years and I play very casually, usually just my two raid nights at 3 hours each + 1 hour somewhere for a mythic keystone.

Sure all my characters aren't currently active but they have all been used at some point in the past, 12 years is a long time to have an account and it's easy to amass a load of characters.

I don't need more than 50 personally because I know I have room to delete a few, but people who are more active than me and been playing the same amount of time? Sure I can see them needing more than 50 easily, especially with allied races and more incoming.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

5+ Year Old Account
    So, one thing I personally like to do is create a Male and a Female of each race. Nothing crazy, right? Let's see how those numbers break down:

Horde: 13 toons (1 Panda)
    Alliance: 13 toons (1 Panda)
    Allied Races: 8 toons (currently)

That's 34 toons already. Now what if I want one of each Class on both sides? What if I want to have an old orc male and a younger one? What if I want to specialize in a certain spec or two for certain toons like the old days? Maybe I want to make a few more toons on Moon Guard to RP or troll Goldshire? What if my friend starts a guild on Illidan server and all my toons are on Area52 and Blackhand?

In turn, consider when Zandalari, Maghar, and Dark Iron are added: 6 more toons. Bringing the total to 40. Vulpera? 42. Kul Tirans? 44. Now you have only 6 slots left. But what if I want a Blackrock and a Bleeding Hollow, and maybe a Frostwolf, a Shattered Hand? Now I have 2 slots left.

You can see how this all adds up. And yes, I have been playing WoW regularly for about 3 years straight now. I have given Blizz plenty of money to justify them listening to my concerns. I am one of those 1.5 - 2 million who stuck by them in WoD's darkest days. All I'm asking for is a 75 or 100 limit. With modern servers and network infrastructure, this would be a negligible expense. And gold-farmers/AH Goblins already get past the 50-toon limit by buying more accounts. There is no negative element to increasing the per-account toon limit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Just for anyone saying you can never have 50 characters / time to play them....

I've been playing on the same account for 12 years and heres my rough break down (we had a similar thread a few months ago and I posted the exact numbers)

Main server: I have 13 toons: the lowest of which is 55 my void elf mage. 5 of the others are 110, the rest are 90+
    Switched server: I have 5 toons: When I left my original server for a bigger raid scene I started from scratch, I made a new raiding main, 3 alts 1 bank alt
    Uni Server: I have 3 toons: When I went to uni, I joined the gaming society and again started from scratch.

That's 21 characters which at some point in time I've actually played properly.

Now the others,

I have multiple twinks on different servers, for example I've got 4 level 80 twinks all of them have heroic ICC gear and all of them play a different role, they also have a set of Herald of the Titans gear for a run.

I have 4 level 70's (Monk, Rogue, DK x2) which I don't religiously grind to get the glaives but I do a fair few times. One is also a RP'er (DK) who earned the netherwing and mana ray mounts before everything was account bound (pretty proud of that)

I have 3 level 60 twinks - Hardly use these ever, but back in TBC and Wrath I grinded my arse off to get enough honor for them to have the level 60 sets.

I have 1 85 in progress in twink

1 100 in progress twink

That makes 12 more,

So I'm up to 33.

I hit 38 from leveling projects which I've started randomly, then totally dropped - Push comes to shove these are the toons I'd delete if needed. But some of them have memories on them, for example one level 60 blood elf dk called rose did a fair bit of pvp on her and stopped 1% off leveling up. She has the level 60 pvp wep.

I also have 8 level 1 characters on our servers linked server. I use these for guild activities such as scavenger hunts.

So that brings me around the 45 mark. Now with the exception of the 8 level 1 toons and one allied race I've not created a new toon in over 2 years and I play very casually, usually just my two raid nights at 3 hours each + 1 hour somewhere for a mythic keystone.

Sure all my characters aren't currently active but they have all been used at some point in the past, 12 years is a long time to have an account and it's easy to amass a load of characters.

I don't need more than 50 personally because I know I have room to delete a few, but people who are more active than me and been playing the same amount of time? Sure I can see them needing more than 50 easily, especially with allied races and more incoming.
    You would think that after running an MMO for almost 14 years, Blizz would be less dismissive of the idea of nostalgia for old toons.
    Last edited by Castrum; 2018-03-13 at 08:45 AM.
    Owner & Operator of The Barrens Grind Support Group
    Survivor of Early TBC Ganklethorn Vale
    Horde Till I Die

Deleted
    I play for 12.5 years now. I already have deleted more than a dozen of low level characters, especially when I lost connection to people with whom I have been playing these. 7 of my Alliance characters exist since Classic. 8 were created through the other expansions. Of these, 6 are at 110, 6 at 100 and the rest somewhere between 60 and 100 with the exeption of 1 character below 60. 4 Allied races characters have been added recently and are waiting to be leveled when I have some days off. On Horde side, I have 21 characters at 110, one on the way to 90 and 4 Allied races characters waiting to be leveled.

And I already have race changed 4 characters over the course of my gaming time.

Yeah, I'd like to see it removed, or at least raised. Honestly, don't see why so many here are against it. Mess with the server balance/economy? On the two connected servers I play on I already have 32 slots to do that with. Having a few more toons on entirely different servers would have a comparatively negligible effect at most. And the oft-suggested alternative of paying for a second account would double the amount of toons you can effect a given server's economy with.

Thing is, I enjoy playing a variety of alts. Especially when I'm feeling bored with the main handful I have built up. Sometimes I don't want to do the daily grind on the same few toons, I want to do something different. Level 48 draenei paladin here, level 65 orc warrior there, and so on. They don't get near as much play time, but they do get played.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

I honestly think the ones who are against this is just either playing devils advocate or just trolling for the sake of it.

Like i said what iam asking and by the looks of it a many other is asking is just to raise this silly cap its not like we are asking to nerf Antorus or to remove Rogues from the game.

Blizz released this genie by introducing allied races i mean FFS there is at least 6 allied races not including Mag'har Orcs and what ever blizz intends to level that out with the allies.

Like i said MMOs are a niche thing and not everyone does what you enjoy so please stop disparaging people who enjoy multiple alts.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-03-13 at 08:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddger View Post
    I honestly think the ones who are against this is just either playing devils advocate or just trolling for the sake of it.

Like i said what iam asking and by the looks of it a many other is asking is just to raise this silly cap its not like we are asking to nerf Antorus or to remove Rogues from the game.

Blizz released this genie by introducing allied races i mean FFS there is at least 6 allied races not including Mag'har Orcs and what ever blizz intends to level that out with the allies.

Like i said MMOs are a niche thing and not everyone does what you enjoy so please stop disparaging people who enjoy multiple alts.
    Nobody is bloody trolling. And blizzard said they will increase it if anyone could prove they play 50 players. Which nobody has or does. If you do. You have way to much spare time. Go do something else besides leveling ANOTHER player. Because you clearly play wow to much.
    Aye mate

With 50 chars (i doubt you play them all) im sure that blizz SHOULDNT allow you to have more, you need help im sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Nobody is bloody trolling. And blizzard said they will increase it if anyone could prove they play 50 players. Which nobody has or does. If you do. You have way to much spare time. Go do something else besides leveling ANOTHER player. Because you clearly play wow to much.
    Oh please dont hand me with that crap!

Play 50 toons its never about that and if you cant see that then please go and play devils advocate somewhere else!

Clearly you cant see the wood from the trees when people tell you they enjoy the characters they level up just like people enjoy the mounts they collect or the pets they pick up or the gear they grind until it gets replaced.

I mean why do so many people collect stamps when 1 is enough to post a letter? Why do people like collecting anything?

Its not about playing all 50 toons and if you cant see that then iam not sure what else to say.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post

I would not mind to pay 10-20 EUR to add 25 or 50 additional character slots to my account, instead of paying 2 subs.
    Boom, there's your solution, everyone.

If you really need more than FIFTY slots, then you should pay for it - just like we pay for all the services in the WoW shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddger View Post
    Oh please dont hand me with that crap!

Play 50 toons its never about that and if you cant see that then please go and play devils advocate somewhere else!

Clearly you cant see the wood from the trees when people tell you they enjoy the characters they level up just like people enjoy the mounts they collect or the pets they pick up or the gear they grind until it gets replaced.

I mean why do so many people collect stamps when 1 is enough to post a letter? Why do people like collecting anything?

Its not about playing all 50 toons and if you cant see that then iam not sure what else to say.
    So delete them after you level them. You are never going to play 50 players and you know it. I bet your IRL house is a clutter filled mess because you can't throw unused shit away.
    Aye mate

So delete them after you level them. You are never going to play 50 players and you know it. I bet your IRL house is a clutter filled mess because you can't throw unused shit away.
    Clearly you did not read anything i just said also its not btw so please jump to more conclusions!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    "A lot" of people will create bank alts, but it only benefits 0.1% of the population?
    This "lot" of people who will create banks currently don't need to, but they will, because they can.
    This is the same for the bags. If you have a 5-slot bag, you'll likely carry 3 mandatory stuff and remove/keep in bank everything that's not really required right now. If you have a 500-slot bags, you will keep 400 more or less useful things. Most of which you would instantly delete/sell if you had the space constraint.

The 0.1% it will benefit are people actively playing their 50 characters. Do they even exist ?

There is no reason what so ever for the cap to be anything higher than the amount of classes there is in the game. But they gave you _50_ slots. thats like 4 times the amount of classes ? Do you think they give hoarders extra storage space ? no, they make them throw away useless junk

Deleted
    No I have played for more than 12 years. I think, loyalty should be rewarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    There is no reason what so ever for the cap to be anything higher than the amount of classes there is in the game. But they gave you _50_ slots. thats like 4 times the amount of classes ? Do you think they give hoarders extra storage space ? no, they make them throw away useless junk
    If you pay for extra storage, you get some. This is basic economy. I would not mind to pay to increase the character limit, if it's not an additional sub. I still don't know if I can use my heirlooms, pets, mounts and transmogs on a 2nd account.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    No one is shitting on you mr persecution complex. You're not playing 50 characters. Delete the one's you're not playing. If you are unable to do that seek professional help.
    Sorry that I don't want to delete 10+ characters from Vanilla that have unobtainable items and memories. 50 cap is dumb, anyone who has been an altoholic for this long knows it.