Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    Why anyone has that many characters I will never understand. At MOST I could see MAYBE 2 of each class but what is the point of hitting that cap? I know a guy who has 3 accounts because he hit the cap before. And most of the characters just sit there because only 1 account is even active anyway.
    but he did play them . he spend many hours leveling them and enjoying the process . he spend his time enjoying how those toon look like how they behave etc etc

people need to stop the retar....ed tunnevisioning this game as if only real gameplay was endgame gameplay .

there are probably tens of thousands of people who have much more fun leveling 40th toon then doin the same dungeon >500 times because it has 0,00005% chance to titanforge gear drops into something that is not utter usless shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Sorry that I don't want to delete 10+ characters from Vanilla that have unobtainable items and memories. 50 cap is dumb, anyone who has been an altoholic for this long knows it.
    my assumption is that most people who are so against >50 toons dont play longer then 5 years. if they played since 2004 there is no chance in hell that they wouldnt have >20 toons all over multiple servers by now.

What is with this so called Playing all 50 characters?

I cant wrap my head around that reasoning when we have over 450 mounts nearly a thousand pets etc etc

Its not about playing all 50 characters what part of that does anyone not understand?

People enjoy collecting characters the same way people enjoy getting a high rating in PVP or getting a mythic item in a raid they give people that same buzz. If you cant see that then iam not sure what else to say.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    What was Blizzard's main reason for having a character cap? Just curious.
    Because when you write software you generally have to place constraints on things. The probably thought originally that 50 characters was far more than any sane person could possibly want. (Think about it, if you spend 12.5 hours per day playing WoW, that is a mere 15 mins per toon).

Besides which, you can easily double that limit by having 2 accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post

Besides which, you can easily double that limit by having 2 accounts.
    and spend 30 dollars per month instead of 15!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've wanted more slots for so long, but every time I sit and think about it, I realize that 90% of my off-realm alts aren't even being played. They purely exist to camp rares on various RP realms.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddger View Post
    I am fine with that. I don't know why some people seem to believe that their sub, which is the same as everyone else's, should entitle them to unlimited server resources. In the end I would rather Blizzard charged you double to get double the benefit, than spent development budget (funded equally by everyone) to benefit a tiny minority of players who actually need such a change.

If it turns out it's a trivial change, and doesn't really impact on Blizzard's costs, then sure, I'd be fine with them extending the limit. I suspect though that the reason they have not done so is that it does have associated costs.

PS: Also if you're spending enough time playing to actually make use of the 50+ toons that you have, you should really be pulling in enough gold to easily afford 2 tokens a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    my assumption is that most people who are so against >50 toons dont play longer then 5 years. if they played since 2004 there is no chance in hell that they wouldnt have >20 toons all over multiple servers by now.
    I've been playing since vanilla and only have 21 characters, 4 are level 15 or below, 3 are 30 to 60, 2 are 70 to 99 and the remaining 12 are 100 or above; all of whom are on the same server.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Baddger View Post
    You pay more for the fact you're pushing servers capacity for nothing (as we're still waiting for a proof you have ZERO char unplayed in the last few month).

That's totally normal. You need to have a second house because you're unable to manage your stuff properly ? You pay for another house/garage/whatever, nobody will ever give it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    I've been playing since vanilla and only have 21 characters, 4 are level 15 or below, 3 are 30 to 60, 2 are 70 to 99 and the remaining 12 are 100 or above; all of whom are on the same server.
    so you are basickly proving my point thank you unless in your mind 21<20

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    You pay more for the fact you're pushing servers capacity for nothing (as we're still waiting for a proof you have ZERO char unplayed in the last few month).

That's totally normal. You need to have a second house because you're unable to manage your stuff properly ? You pay for another house/garage/whatever, nobody will ever give it for free.
    Server capacity? OH please you do know blizz doesnt delete characters? You do know that right? Also this is 2018 not 2008!

Also i dont need to give you proof about anything!!

Stop yelling about server capacity like having 100 toons would wreck blizz servers when blizz logs everything you do even the countless characters you delete which btw they dont delete so what was you saying?
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-03-13 at 01:10 PM.

you're pushing servers capacity
    I'm sorry, what?

First of all, there would still be a character cap on each realm, so you couldn't push any server past the 16 you already can anyway.
    Second, you can still only play one character at a time, so the capacity isn't affected at all.
    Third, even if it was my server is fucking empty 90% of the time. I'd have to be active on a thousand accounts concurrently to have a noticeable impact.
    Finally, there are tens of millions of characters sitting on WoW's servers, and who knows how many of those are on accounts that have been inactive for years. You're telling me that's no problem, but me being able to roll a few more toons is gonna push the servers to their limit? Fuck outta here with that nonsense.

It boggles my mind that so many people are so actively against something that would be player-friendly while having no negative impact upon them whatsoever, they have to start manufacturing bullshit reasons to justify it.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

I have 24 characters at 110, 12 on alliance and 12 on horde so I can switch back and forth depending on the friends playing and each class if I feel like playing something different. I can see why Blizzard wouldn't up the cap since the average player wouldn't even go that far. Though for anyone that's like me that also wants bank characters and just side characters to level with people it could be raised a little. I usually delete some once they get high enough and I get bored anyways.

It takes me about 1-2 weeks to get a character to max level (I'm not on much). So I could also see why raising the cap wouldn't be so bad either for altoholics and people who like leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    It boggles my mind that so many people are so actively against something that would be player-friendly while having no negative impact upon them whatsoever, they have to start manufacturing bullshit reasons to justify it.
    Yeah, we all know Blizzard's servers are perfectly fine.

Stop saying that a data stored somewhere doesn't take space. Of course you personally won't explode the servers. But you times 4 million, yeah maybe. Not everything on Earth revolves around you (sorry for the bad news).

The inactive accounts/chars "for years" are in archives. Just try to connect a one-year-inactive account, you'll see the time it needs to retrieve your data. Because it is stored somewhere else.
    Do you think Blizzard would have fun archiving stuff if there was no space problem ?
    I know we're in 2018, but guess what, even in 2018 we're using normal computers/servers and not quantum/magic ones.

Deleted
    Only people against this are the same bozos that said JUST DELETE some characters on your server to play the allied races

In other words Blizzdrones. Don't listen to them. Yes it is very easy to have 50 characters especially if you were me who started in Vanilla. I even deleted lots of level 40-50 range characters.

It should probably be 100 or at least 20 more. I have no idea what kind of blizzdone is against having more character slots. What is wrong with your people? You want less???

"Proof to play 50 characters", I hear that and you could simply login with each of those and kill 1 mob, there, I played 50 characters just to proof a point. Or are you gonna dictate me that killing 1 mob is not playing the game? Haha...

I've been sitting at the 50 character cap for a few years now. Pretty annoying to delete worthwhile characters to make a new alt.

Deleted
    Yeah, we all know Blizzard's servers are perfectly fine.

Stop saying that a data stored somewhere doesn't take space. Of course you personally won't explode the servers. But you times 4 million, yeah maybe. Not everything on Earth revolves around you (sorry for the bad news).

The inactive accounts/chars "for years" are in archives. Just try to connect a one-year-inactive account, you'll see the time it needs to retrieve your data. Because it is stored somewhere else.
    Do you think Blizzard would have fun archiving stuff if there was no space problem ?
    I know we're in 2018, but guess what, even in 2018 we're using normal computers/servers and not quantum/magic ones.
    I guess you never read how much it cost to have data stored? Server upkeep is very cheap. I am sure 15 bucks for a single month is more than enough entitlement to handle the cost of your data for over 20 years at no cost to them...

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    I guess you never read how much it cost to have data stored? Server upkeep is very cheap. I am sure 15 bucks for a single month is more than enough entitlement to handle the cost of your data for over 20 years at no cost to them...
    I don't know at which point of the discussion we switched from Blizzard to your personal needs to upload your resume on a PDF file

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    What was Blizzard's main reason for having a character cap? Just curious.
    Technical overload.

Deleted
    I don't know at which point of the discussion we switched from Blizzard to your personal needs to upload your resume on a PDF file
    The moment you responded maybe? Hur dur?