Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    You seem to have missed the launch; whole communities formed trying to figure out secrets of the expansion... it's the 1st time since vanilla i've seen that happen.

Ergo: there was more mystery and sense of wonder in Legion we ever had with any expansion if you didn't miss the train that is...
    3 hidden mounts... yea tons of secrets... boy the mystery of legion is without equal.

the people complaining about AP grind were those try hards that tricked themselves into thinking they had to grind grind grind. AP was awarded for (made up stat but i know im close) 95% of legion content. the "grind" wasn't hard.

Artifact weapons were cool. Change my mind.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    It's a grind.
    I didn't do any grinding in Legion... zero. None. Nil.

Yes - I know what a grind is... getting reps up in Vanilla or BC... grind central.
    No grind required in Legion at all.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I remember grinding my way up with friends, they were more experienced than I was and helped run me through raids and things like that to help mix it up. It seems easier having someone to play with.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I didn't do any grinding in Legion... zero. None. Nil.

Yes - I know what a grind is... getting reps up in Vanilla or BC... grind central.
    No grind required in Legion at all.
    Either you've played *extremely* casual this xpac, or you simply are forgetting the whole leggos/AP debacle prior to NH.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Either you've played *extremely* casual this xpac
    Just normal clears, M+15 maximum, iLvl 960 .... however I never tried to 'game' the system. I just played the game and let stuff turn up.

the whole leggos/AP debacle prior to NH.
    There was no such debacle in the game... however I know a lot of people made problems for themselves because they didn't understand maths.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxxy View Post
    Nowadays you grind and grind and then in the next patch Blizzard resets the grind and you grind some more. I sure did a lot of that in Legion watching that silly little bar move or not move when I clicked on a artefact power token. In it end I felt so stupid and depressed clicking on the token with a 2 second cast and then bar didn't even visibly move. Sure there are ways that allow you to catch up nearly each patch but they still involve grinding and then if you want to keep on being competitive you have to keep on grinding.
    The whole point of the "endless grind" is that you're supposed to decide how much you want to grind. This has the potential to become problematic when the individual lacks the ability to self regulate.

Your issue seems to be your need to compete. All I can suggest is to stop worrying about where other people are in the game and focus on yourself.

I know what people are going to say, I don't have to grind. But of course there is Keen Kevin or Dedicated Dan that is grinding out all evening and if you want to roll with them and don't want to be left behind when it comes to choosing partners in M+ or raid teams then you sort of have to grind to compete and not get shelved.
    Maybe it's time for a reality check. Fact is, you're not in the same league as Keen Kevin or Dedicated Dan. You want to pretend you are, but really you aren't. Once you can accept that you can go out and find Casual Clive and Take-it-Easy Tim and find that you can still do content that is challenging for your personal level of commitment.

If you're pushing yourself to grind to the point where you feel like you are dying on the inside then you're playing the game wrong. Focus on doing what you enjoy, in the quantity you enjoy. Stop worrying about keeping up with the Joneses (Dan and Kevin) and try to find other players who are more like you.

Honestly the only expansion long grind this time was the Artifact weapons, Azerite gear is much less intrusive to the average player so that will help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think a lot of what the op is expressing is regret that he can't find the will power to play "Fill the Bar" the MMO for another expansion, but also regret that it's what the game has become.

I mean, other than Suramar, Legion had almost zero innovation. There was no mystery or sense of wonder. It was just grinding that bar til it's full, then doing it again. And if BfA is more of the same(which it appears to be) then I really can't say I disagree with the OP.
    Exactly, legion was pretty much wod but with better rewards for the fill the bar crap and mass amounts of rng on rewards to keep people doing fill the bar crap.

People ignore this fact because it's "cool" to hate on wod whilst failing to see legion was pretty much wod 2.0, i keep asking people who say legion has more content than wod to actually show me this content but so far no one can actually do it, only thing legion has over wod is overly generous rewards and the ability to do challenge mode dungeons 2.0 more than once per week for more of the overly generous rewards. Even that gets boring fast and funny enough even m+ is also just fill the blue bar.

I really worry for bfa and expect it to be wod 3.0, can see me quitting for good about 2 months into it. Hope i am wrong but last 2 expansions have been utter garbage.
    Last edited by mmoc1448478633; 2018-03-13 at 01:43 PM.

I loved World of Warcraft all through WOTLK, Cata, Pandaria and WOD and I never thought I would find it annoying or frustrating. Sadly, this happened with Legion. I used to like just being able to log on and do some dailies, a daily heroic dungeon with friends for valour points and the odd night raiding with my guild.

Now the game doesn't feel as free and easy as it used to with the introduction of expansion long grinds. Nowadays you grind and grind and then in the next patch Blizzard resets the grind and you grind some more. I sure did a lot of that in Legion watching that silly little bar move or not move when I clicked on a artefact power token. In it end I felt so stupid and depressed clicking on the token with a 2 second cast and then bar didn't even visibly move. Sure there are ways that allow you to catch up nearly each patch but they still involve grinding and then if you want to keep on being competitive you have to keep on grinding.

I know what people are going to say, I don't have to grind. But of course there is Keen Kevin or Dedicated Dan that is grinding out all evening and if you want to roll with them and don't want to be left behind when it comes to choosing partners in M+ or raid teams then you sort of have to grind to compete and not get shelved.

The whole thing was I enjoyed the casualness of the game, not having to do much to be viable in raids or whatever. I think that Blizzard underestimates the importance of that because people who have grown with the game are now much older and have more responsibilities and can't dedicate time to grinding so much. Plus grinding is not innovative game play, just repeating the same thing over and over and it breeds frustration and burn out. Oh look the harpies need killing the woods again! Some little narrative from someone about it, Same mobs needing to be killed, just did it yesterday and while I was levelling but oh lets do it again for 30th time!

I'm so depressed. I bought BFA with in game gold but I really don't know if I'm going to bother to sub again and play it with this new azurite grind. Sure it's only three circles at the moment but don't you worry Blizzard will be adding more circles to grind as the expansion moves along I'm 100% sure of that. I've been unsubbed for a few weeks now and I feel so free not thinking about all the stuff I have to do in game with the grind.

RNG was another big headache and I'm sure that's not going away next expansion either. Oh look RNGesus gave me another pair of pants this week from the M+ chest with slightly better stats but 10 ilvls lower! Yay not!

I really really want to love WOW again but it's just slipping away from me with all the meta changes, does anyone else feel like that? Anyone else actually quit because of the changes?
    so dont play it .

game is very different then it was back in wolk/cata and uncomparable to vanilla

the only way blizzard will listen is by voting with your wallets

if you dont like retarded rng and focus only on mythic raid audience dont play the game. simple as that.

dont sub via gold hoping something will change - nothing will change .

look for other games -there is abundance of them out there.

stop limiting yourself to the ghost of former mmorpg game which is now much closer to arcade hack/slash not rpg anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    3 hidden mounts... yea tons of secrets... boy the mystery of legion is without equal.
    So i take it you weren't taking part in the initial hidden artifact appearance hunts?

Either you've played *extremely* casual this xpac, or you simply are forgetting the whole leggos/AP debacle prior to NH.
    Which was only conceived as a debacle by those who tried hard, but weren't good enough to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    Exactly, legion was pretty much wod but with better rewards for the fill the bar crap and mass amounts of rng on rewards to keep people doing fill the bar crap.

People ignore this fact because it's "cool" to hate on wod whilst failing to see legion was pretty much wod 2.0, i keep asking people who say legion has more content than wod to actually show me this content but so far no one can actually do it, only thing legion has over wod is overly generous rewards and the ability to do challenge mode dungeons 2.0 more than once per week for more of the overly generous rewards.

I really worry for bfa and expect it to be wod 3.0, can see me quitting for good about 2 months into it. Hope i am wrong but last 2 expansions have been utter garbage.
    legion has more content then WoD only if you are keen on mythic + - if you arent part of organized team legion is as shit as wod was ... and tbh ... even more boring due to retarded AP grind

sad news is BfA will be even worse so just dont bother subbing - you will only hurt yourself by drreaming that it will be any different

as always - uness you are part of organized mythic raid guild game is pretty shit - just like it was in wod..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think a lot of what the op is expressing is regret that he can't find the will power to play "Fill the Bar" the MMO for another expansion, but also regret that it's what the game has become.

I mean, other than Suramar, Legion had almost zero innovation. There was no mystery or sense of wonder. It was just grinding that bar til it's full, then doing it again. And if BfA is more of the same(which it appears to be) then I really can't say I disagree with the OP.
    uhh can you explain how other expnasions had "mystery or wonder"
    you seem to be trying to make this "im bored of wow" thread into "its legions fault" not just that this guy has been playing the same game for years, and no matter what they do will be the same game they have played for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    legion has more content then WoD only if you are keen on mythic + - if you arent part of organized team legion is as shit as wod was ... and tbh ... even more boring due to retarded AP grind

sad news is BfA will be even worse so just dont bother subbing - you will only hurt yourself by drreaming that it will be any different

as always - uness you are part of organized mythic raid guild game is pretty shit - just like it was in wod..
    I actually have/had been part of mythic raiding for years and i still say they both have no content. Legion has such terrible designs and changes that i now play extremely casual now and quit mythic raiding until BFA, not for AP(old system yeah but new get to 75 then ignore it one is fine) but because of terrible encounter design, terrible and boring raids, pruning and terrible revamps, mind numbingly boring class gameplay.
    For me personally legion has even less content than wod because

1. Class design is awful to me, wod wasn't great but infinitely better
    2. Due to point 1, alts
    3. Raids are just plain awful, wod raids were excellent
    4. Pvp is in the worst state it's ever been thanks to legion changes

Even if legion did have content i can barely experience it because i do not have fun with any class to actually experience the content, ergo no content even if there was content. In wod even though it had the same lack of content i actually could still have fun doing the same limited content on lots of alts becauses classes were actually still somewhat fun, i could do raiding on my warlock and hunter, dungeons with my resto sham, pvp with my main spriest and hunter, level a class i never played before and find it enjoyable, not in legion, all classes are so basic and boring, very few classes actually have an even damage distribution anymore, so many have devolved into X ability does 50% or more of your damage amd you spam this over and over pressing 2 other buttons to generate a resource allowing you to spam that button.
    Pvp is fullblown cooldown wars where you now just mash buttons until cooldowns are up, wod was the same but not nearly as bad and mind numingly boring.

I actually don't mind the ap thing now, get to 75 and forget about it. M+ is totally irelevant to me now, it's pretty much same as mythic dungeons in wod, i do one +15 per week for weekly reward and i am done, similar to valor capping.
    Last edited by mmoc1448478633; 2018-03-13 at 02:07 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    So i take it you weren't taking part in the initial hidden artifact appearance hunts?

Which was only conceived as a debacle by those who tried hard, but weren't good enough to succeed.
    Interesting. So anyone who thinks that early Legion AP system blew is a tryhard. I guess your guild must be commended for carrying your lazy rear through M NH

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    If you just play, you never get strong enough to get to the good content.
    Define 'good content' ? I've played all the content that is available, I'm strong enough to do Mythic raiding if I want (I do not want).

People who tried to 'game' the AP system ran into mountains of work because they failed at maths. Those who just played the game got the AP with no grind.

Deleted
    New to Legion? lol

You grind for new gear every patch so how is artifact grind any different? IMO the idea was good, but the crapload of additions to it made it feel as bad as gearmill.

You were able to take much more of this kind of boring grind than I was... so you've got that going for you.

The game was much better when they realized these types of grinds sucked and actively tried to remove them and other barriers to end game content that sucked (like merging buffs to make putting a comp together easier). That time was WOTLK and, unsurprisingly, it was the most popular point in this game's history.

Legion was an expansion designed to pump up the MAUs and total hours played, and we got the biggest most pointless and most boring grindfest of an expansion this game has seen since TBC. Is it surprising though? They were able to say hours played went up for like one or two earnings reports so I guess the shareholders are happy.

Deleted
    Interesting. So anyone who thinks that early Legion AP system blew is a tryhard. I guess your guild must be commended for carrying your lazy rear through M NH
    Nope; i was actually one of the 1st members to hit the cap back in the day, but i never had any delusions of grandeur. People just tend to always be aiming too high... which is what caused the majority of the player-base to go into grinding mode. And as a result we had what happened with EN and NH.

The former being tuned around not having the weapon unlocked, resulting in too low difficulty and then the latter being tuned around what happened with the former; thus about having a fully unlocked weapon.

Legion burned me out like no other expansion I have to say. BfA is looking like more of the same, so things are looking pretty bleak for me.