Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Correct. Richest man by XXX source most likely. I think there are families (and notably individuals from those families) with trillions.
    Hmm, you can't hide that much imo. Even the richest families of old have a couple of billions at most.
    Globalisation and open markets make it easier today to make a lot of money compared to back when the wealthy were mostly royals and other nobility.

The richest man ever, inflation-adjustment included, was John D. Rockefeller with roughly 336 billion back in 1913.
    After his death, his fortune lasted a few generations but as usual, it mostly evaporates due to both mismanagement by family members that have no experience handeling that much money and changing times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Oh and you aren't a wage earner? Guess what rugged conservative individualist, if you make money off your labor, you're extremely underpaid.
    More people need to understand this. There's a massive disparity in wages between the workers and the head of almost every company. A typical Road Engineer pulling 12 hours a day plus an hour or so of deadhead time should bring home between $175,000-$180,000 a year. The average Oncology Nurse with a Masters in my wife's hospital should bring home between $120,000-$140,000. Both of those are pretty good wages, right? They're nothing compared to the 10 million my CEO made last year or the 13 million the head of her hospital made. Even board members who have very little idea of the physical labor that goes on were still pushing 2-4 million each.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddger View Post
    Microsoft is nearly obsolete and wow i cant believe i lived long enough to say that!

Maybe Bill Gates might think twice about giving away nearly all his wealth to charity!!
    Half isn't "nearly all"
    Do tell how MS is nearly obsolete though I'm guessing you dunno what the word "obsolete" means either.
    Stop spinning the truth.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Bezos is a self-made billionaire. He gets massive wealth for creating Amazon and we get the awesome services. Win-win.
    he aslo gives zero fucks about employees (im an empoyee)

First thought: Who is Jeff Bezos?
    Second thought: Oh, mmkay

Have a good day everyone
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Half isn't "nearly all"
    Do tell how MS is nearly obsolete though I'm guessing you dunno what the word "obsolete" means either.
    Stop spinning the truth.
    Hey just like you iam just some drunk but i know when something is going out of fashion hey i honestly thought 8 track tapes would stay forever!

Desktop computers days are numbered and so is Microsoft OS

Hey just like you iam just some drunk but i know when something is going out of fashion hey i honestly thought 8 track tapes would stay forever!

as long as computer gaming is a thing and laptops suck desktops are not going anywere

Microsoft os is also not going anywhere.. whats going to replace it apples ? LEL LEL LEL thats worse then microsoft and linux isnt popular outside hardcore people

stop the drugs / hipster line of thinking

Quote Originally Posted by GasaiYuno951 View Post
    as long as computer gaming is a thing and laptops suck desktops are not going anywere

Microsoft os is also not going anywhere.. whats going to replace it apples ? LEL LEL LEL thats worse then microsoft and linux isnt popular outside hardcore people

stop the drugs / hipster line of thinking
    Hey my hipster bro plays on a apple computer

Look at the future

Its not hipster i was born in 1981 so i can see when tech comes and goes and what iam seeing Microsoft days are numbered

Deleted

Maybe for home users but Microsoft and Windows biggest users are in the office. The vast majority of companies in the world use Windows Servers and OS and it doesnt look like thats going to change any time soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaszt View Post
    Maybe for home users but Microsoft and Windows biggest users are in the office. The vast majority of companies in the world use Windows Servers and OS and it doesnt look like thats going to change any time soon.
    Indeed, there isn't any real replacement for it so it will continue to be used.

And trust me, people in general don't want to learn how to use a new operating system, which is a big factor as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaszt View Post
    Iam sure alot of tech companies said the same thing

Dont you learn anything about history? How can Microsoft grow from where its at? What is its future markets?

Hell in 40 years time are we even gonna need a OS?

If you told me half the stuff to me back in the 90s i wouldve thought you was crazy!

I think he should give his workers a huge raise he can obviously afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage89 View Post
    I think he should give his workers a huge raise he can obviously afford it.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ says every employee that doesn't earn its buildings monthly bonus because building 115% proficiency is impossible to meet and we cant get a raise because said bonus is calculated into our pay :/

Sickening and beyond admirable at the same time. I have always had a respect for self made millionaires and billionaires, compared to the many that are born to wealth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    All done by exploiting amazon workers, how fun.
    Are they being forced to work there or something? Same for waiters, taxi drivers, retails workers..
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted

Dont you learn anything about history? How can Microsoft grow from where its at? What is its future markets?

If you told me half the stuff to me back in the 90s i wouldve thought you was crazy!
    True, no idea what 40 years from now is going to look like. But the corporate office IT infrastructure has been dominated by Cisco and Microsoft for the past like....15+ years. And companies are extremely slow to adopt new technologies especially when it comes to migrating entire systems so I reckon thats not likely to change for another 15 years.

10+ Year Old Account

You think their growth over the last 10 years comes from OS sales?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    There is no economic issue, the more wealth any person has the better. In order to maintain wealth more people are needed on a daily basis in order to prevent depreciation. If the rich person just wants to sit on their wealth that is fine but they will always lose out to active entrepreneurs.
    No school of thought even Austrians agree with your objectively stupidity view point. Too much wealth inequality gums up the economy and your magical scenario under my hypothetical would take decades to reverse assuming the single holder wasn’t an idiot and didn’t just slap em down.

Do you know why the 07 crash hit so hard but the .com bubble didn’t despite very similar total amounts of asset devaluation? Holy shit most people who have stocks and bonds have the wealth and assets to absorb the loss so while I hurt it’s the maybe we eat out a little less and no one will notice. When the housing market crashed the investors took their hit but what crushed the economy was with so many under water houses people lost essentially all of their major assets and then some. Literal basic 2 year old economics and you just don’t get it. Last time we had the level of inequality pre07 crash was hey the Great Depression.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2018-03-13 at 03:00 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    money doesnt talk it swears.

remember its a purely political choice to allow someone to be this wealthy.
    Ask how well it worked for France when they decided taxing the "super rich".
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well you have to find out how many people already have houses first to find the real number. In some countries houses probably cost a few grand or less to make.
    Given how many people rent, live in another persons house, their car, or even a box etc. lets say there are 5 billion people in need of their own home. Let's also drop the house price down to $10k(extremely cheap) you are still talking $50 trillion(and still way outside his price range. Even if you drop the number of people in need of a house down to 1 billion people it would still be $10 trillion at $10k a house. You could divide his fortune across those 1 billion people and each of them would get $130. That is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Yeah Jeff Bezos has a lot of money, but taking his money isn't going to do much of anything you seem to think it will.