Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    New York isn't even allowed to be capital of New York.
    Hahaha solid point, but then if you asked most people to name 5 major cities in New York besides New York City, how many could do it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Hahaha solid point, but then if you asked most people to name 5 major cities in New York besides New York City, how many could do it.
    Albany, Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse... nah, I can't come up with 5 and I'm actually interested in this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    London might be doomed in a few centuries time but that doesn't change the fact Birmingham is a shit hole. No one in their right mind would ever consider there to be a capital xD
    Birmingham is not a shithole and its not the joke city it used to be. Our city centre is buzzing and its not a complete rip off like Soho! Yes we have our shittier areas but so does London.

Birmingham is way cheaper, its in the middle of England and seeing how house prices is rising in Birmingham and dropping in London clearly everyone knows it.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...rises-ladywood

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Albany, Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse... nah, I can't come up with 5 and I'm actually interested in this shit.
    Did better than me if you didn't google, I think I could Nail all the ones you did, except for Syracuse, that name doesn't come up often. If you are hungry congratulations you you not only did better than me, but probably a good fair amount of those that live in the states, thus reinforcing your point a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    I am being serious New York is the biggest city in the world, then we can break apart washington D.C and give it to the respective states it borders, so we can go back to having one State of Washington the way it should be.

At least until we fix that whole North Dakota, South Dakota, North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia and Virginia too, yeah at some point I think they just gave up on naming stuff, we got a lot of work to do.
    You show your lack of knowledge yet again, Mall Security. New York is far from the biggest city. I lived there for many years. It's like a medium size city for Asia. Seoul is much bigger, for example.

My suggestion for the USA is a new capital, and this time not allow everything but the center become a ghetto. Using the same location and demolishing everything in a 25 miles radius and re building works too. It should be a huge, rich, impressive city that reminds Europe and Asia how much stronger the USA is each time they visit.

At the center to the grand city, a palace should be built, with a giant center room and dome, like the Hagia Sophia. It should be so large however, that the Hagia Sophia could hit inside the domed area alone. A giant mozaic should be made into the ceiling, showing the USA's history, the dark times whenever a Democrat was president and the golden times when a Republican was. In the Center, should be Trump in golden armor striking down Hillary and Obama with lightning and fire. In the center of the room, would be a giant, grand throne where Trump would sit.
    Last edited by Cruor; 2018-03-13 at 01:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddger View Post
    Birmingham is not a shithole and its not the joke city it used to be. Our city centre is buzzing and its not a complete rip off like Soho! Yes we have our shittier areas but so does London.

Birmingham is way cheaper, its in the middle of England and seeing how house prices is rising in Birmingham and dropping in London clearly everyone knows it.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...rises-ladywood
    So your argument is, make Birmingham the capital because its cheaper, but then you state that house prices are rising, which invariable leads to higher living costs, so what, do we just move the capital every few years after peak living costs have been reached in the capital?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    So your argument is, make Birmingham the capital because its cheaper, but then you state that house prices are rising, which invariable leads to higher living costs, so what, do we just move the capital every few years after peak living costs have been reached in the capital?
    Because we wont be underwater in a 100 years time plus we are in the middle of the country especially if the scots decide to bail after brexit.

Thanks to the green belt we have lots of land around Birmingham and we are 80 miles to Manchester, 100 miles to Liverpool etc etc etc

Birmingham doesn't need a Thames barrier from keeping it from sinking!

So please disparaging my city all you like but London is doomed
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-03-13 at 01:15 PM.

Yes, New York. DC is a shithole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yes, New York. DC is a shithole.
    And the President also lives in New York so it's a win-win

The problem with the UK is the government treat London like it's the only city in the country!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    You show your lack of knowledge yet again, Mall Security. New York is far from the biggest city. I lived there for many years. It's like a medium size city for Asia. Seoul is much bigger, for example.

My suggestion for the USA is a new capital, and this time not allow everything but the center become a ghetto. Using the same location and demolishing everything in a 25 miles radius and re building works too. It should be a huge, rich, impressive city that reminds Europe and Asia how much stronger the USA is each time they visit.

At the center to the grand city, a palace should be built, with a giant center room and dome, like the Hagia Sophia. It should be so large however, that the Hagia Sophia could hit inside the domed area alone. A giant mozaic should be made into the ceiling, showing the USA's history, the dark times whenever a Democrat was president and the golden times when a Republican was. In the Center, should be Trump in golden armor striking down Hillary and Obama with lightning and fire. In the center of the room, would be a giant, grand throne where Trump would sit.
    And then you woke up realized you wet the bed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    In before someone says Melbourne for Australia. Truth be told, the only thing Melbourne is right now is the crime capital of Australia.
    Hah, I've forgot Australia's capital is not Sydney.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

DC fits us really well. Crime ridden and corruption are 2 of its attributes which fits the government perfectly.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    DC still makes sense in the US since its basically still near the heart of everything east coast. I think it's weird that Chicago isn't the capital of Illinois though, or how Minneapolis isn't the capital of Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Y

....It's not?
    It's not even Melbourne. It's Canberra.

Nope - there is only one City capable of being capital city in my Country.

That would be Canberra.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Nope - there is only one City capable of being capital city in my Country.

That would be Canberra.
    Literally no one outside Austria has heard about Canberra.

Turku used to be the capital of Finland, but it was changed to Helsinki during Russian reign to have it closer to St. Petersburg, then-capital of Russia. Inhabitants of Turku can still be salty about it, but imo Helsinki is better suited for capital, making better use the seafront and holding better reach to rest of Finland by being situated in the middle of the southern coast.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Literally no one outside Austria has heard about Canberra.
    I'm sure most people in Austria haven't heard about Canberra either.

For those interested (both of you) - Canberra is set up like Washington DC, a capital city contained in a non state area. Canberra is in ACT (Australian Capital Territory). All embedded into the constitution etc.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Nah Amsterdam is the only city widely known outside of the Netherlands and a much more international city, it's the logical capitol. The Hague is only vaguely known for the international criminal court. I can see the point about Sydney vs Canberra though.