Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Post Gorian Ogres Allied Race [Speculation]

I think its safe to say that Mag'har Orcs will be Horde Allied Race from AU Draenor. But Alpha Build 26032 have some interesting lines about Gorgrond zone map:

Ogrimmar Embassy Horde Battleship - The Windrunner
    Stormwind Embassy Alliance Battleship - Wind's Redemption
    I'm not sure how two battleships makes it into AU Gorgrond by sea. But this lines hints that Alliance also going into AU Draenor in search of allies. So I was thinking what Alliance Allied Race can be there. Some people were talking about Saberon, others about Dark Iron that have base/outpost there.

But what if its Gorian Empire ogres?

The Gorian Empire (also referred to as the Gorian ogre imperium or simply the Ogre Empire) was the nation-state of the ogres encompassing various holdings on Draenor. On alternate Draenor, it was notable for being one of the few empires on the world, but lost its former dominance after the rise of the Iron Horde, which forced Imperator Mar'gok to align himself with the orcs to ensure his empire's continued survival. He would have, however, turned himself against the orcs if the situation was favorable.
    WoD and Lords of War make its pretty clear that AU Orcs and Ogres were at each others throats and hated each others. It was told that Imperator Mar'gok allied with Grommash's Iron Horde only because alternative was extinction. So now with Iron Horde and Gorian Empire crushed nothing stops survivors of both sides continue to hate and kill each others.

Lets imagine for a second that Horde recruit Mag'har and Alliance their hateful opponents Gorians:

1 - Gorians will be perfect match to counter Mag'har if we talking about "enemy of my enemy".

2 - Ogres are seafaring nation and had great naval fleet. Speaking of importance naval power and experience in new expansion.

3 - Ogres are powerful magic users. Imperator Mar'gok even had his own magic breakers. Alliance finally will have something to counter Horde dominance in magic field.

4 - They not just savages. Their concept was based on Romanian Empire.

5 - They possibly befriends with Dark Iron because both share same views. For example both Empires approved slavery and had magic ruling society.

So Alliance players - would you like to have Gorians Ogres as Allied Race? I know MANY Horde players will say Ogres belong to Horde and will never join Alliance. Remember High Elves? With Blizzard you never knows...

Despite the animosities between Orcs and Ogres, they're basically cousins, and the AU Ogres were still allied-ish with the Iron Horde. The Alliance races might also have too many prejudices to accept Ogres, even ones that didn't participate in Old Horde's invasion.

In regards to an AU AR for the Alliance, High Arakkoa would make a more compelling theory.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Despite the animosities between Orcs and Ogres, they're basically cousins, and the AU Ogres were still allied-ish with the Iron Horde.The Alliance races might also have too many prejudices to accept Ogres, even ones that didn't participate in Old Horde's invasion.
    Where you seen High Arakkoa in Gorgrond?

7+ Year Old Account
    Those aren't lines about Gorgrond, they're just under it..?
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Deleted
    Stop trying to make the Alliance into something there not.
    Ogres dont fit the Alliance the end.

Alliance races are: Wildhammer dwarfs, High Elfs, Furblogs, Night Elf worgen, Jinyu, Mechagnomes, Broken ect.
    To ask for Ogres is like adding Trolls, Taurens and Orcs to the Alliance.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2018-03-13 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    They fit as Dark Iron do.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Lines belong to new Gorgrond map.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, give Ogres to the Alliance. That will set nicely with the Warcraft Fans. ...or maybe not.

Horde fans will say that Ogres should've been a Horde Race.
    Alliance fans they could've got a actually relevant Allied Race, but got fat orcs instead, which no Alliance member asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Also, this. The battleships are not in Gorgrond.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    I think its safe to say that Mag'har Orcs will be Horde Allied Race from AU Draenor. But Alpha Build 26032 have some interesting lines about Gorgrond zone map:

I'm not sure how two battleships makes it into AU Gorgrond by sea. But this lines hints that Alliance also going into AU Draenor in search of allies. So I was thinking what Alliance Allied Race can be there. Some people were talking about Saberon, others about Dark Iron that have base/outpost there.

But what if its Gorian Empire ogres?

WoD and Lords of War make its pretty clear that AU Orcs and Ogres were at each others throats and hated each others. It was told that Imperator Mar'gok allied with Grommash's Iron Horde only because alternative was extinction. So now with Iron Horde and Gorian Empire crushed nothing stops survivors of both sides continue to hate and kill each others.

Lets imagine for a second that Horde recruit Mag'har and Alliance their hateful opponents Gorians:

1 - Gorians will be perfect match to counter Mag'har if we talking about "enemy of my enemy".

2 - Ogres are seafaring nation and had great naval fleet. Speaking of importance naval power and experience in new expansion.

3 - Ogres are powerful magic users. Imperator Mar'gok even had his own magic breakers. Alliance finally will have something to counter Horde dominance in magic field.

4 - They not just savages. Their concept was based on Romanian Empire.

5 - They possibly befriends with Dark Iron because both share same views. For example both Empires approved slavery and had magic ruling society.

So Alliance players - would you like to have Gorians Ogres as Allied Race? I know MANY Horde players will say Ogres belong to Horde and will never join Alliance. Remember High Elves? With Blizzard you never knows...
    Nope do not think that will happen.
    But yeah what counters can come from Dreanor. Because i think they are going race by race. Getting allied(sub) ones for each one. Seeing as we have lightpuked dreanei already it is going to be something else.

Alliance races are: Wildhammer dwarfs, High Elfs, Furblogs, Night Elf worgen, Jinyu, Mechagnomes, Broken ect.
    Smarter style Ogres would fit just fine.

Blizzard gave High Elves to Horde using one dumb racist character as excuse.

There more blood and hatred between orcs and ogres than that. Besides Gorian not some stupid ME SMASH ME EAT ogres. They Empire and have civilized society and government. Smart ogres can fit Alliance. Like I said they share a lot of stuff with Dark Iron. Besides Alliance races don't have such hate toward ogres as toward orcs and trolls.

People have datamined something in Draenor related to Dark Iron stuff.

So probably Dark Iron alliances could come from that place for some reason it is still unknown to us, although this would be very unusual as it would be much easier to get Dark Iron from MU Blackrock Mountain instead of AU Draenor.

Having said that, I do believe that ogres will be a future allied race, but HORDE, of course.
    It has been requested for ages and it would be a different flavour for the allied races (especially if they include the two headed ones).

And this also gives me hope for Saberon allies for the Alliance as well
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-03-13 at 04:18 PM.

Despite the animosities between Orcs and Ogres, they're basically cousins, and the AU Ogres were still allied-ish with the Iron Horde. The Alliance races might also have too many prejudices to accept Ogres, even ones that didn't participate in Old Horde's invasion.

In regards to an AU AR for the Alliance, High Arakkoa would make a more compelling theory.
    High Arakkoa are awful. I'd much prefer the cursed ones.

Ogres aren't an Alliance race, no matter how regal the Gorian Empire might be.

The closest thing to an Alliance race on Draenor is high arakkoa; and even then, they don't classify as an allied race because they have no inherent connection to a preexisting race. They're just a race.

Where you seen High Arakkoa in Gorgrond?
    Sorry, kinda forgot a bit I wanted to add: we didn't see the Arakkoa in Gorgrond, or outside of Arak at all, but there are tribes of Outcasts in Blade's Edge, and it apparently was the secondary capital of the Apexis Empire. This could somehow form a connection to today's AU Adherents (or Outcasts)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

The battleships are not in Gorgrond.

The Windrunner is Sylvanas's flag ship you see in Stormheim and the Wind's redemption is the ship the alliance use to travel to Zandalar.

10+ Year Old Account
    PLEASE! As a rabid fan of 'The Dark Crystal' (and by extension the Arakkoa of BC/WoD) I would love to play as them. Most of my characters are Horde, but I'd have no problem making an Alliance Birdy.

"Skekksi's are your friends! MmmHMMMMMmmmmm!"
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

7+ Year Old Account
    Lines belong to new Gorgrond map.

They just happen to be under it, and now they are "name changed" (not "new") maps.

Last edited by OreoLover; 2018-03-13 at 04:55 PM.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Deleted
    OP has no idea what an ''allied race'' is all about. Adding Ogres would just be a NEW race.

Quote Originally Posted by Norian45 View Post
    OP has no idea what an ''allied race'' is all about. Adding Ogres would just be a NEW race.
    Technically speaking, they do kind of count. Ogres are proto-orcs, in the same sense that zandalari are proto-trolls. Not the farthest stretch, but they would need to be a Horde race - and they're already getting mag'har, who are also from Draenor, so it's unlikely.

Not ogres for alliance... BOTANI!!!