Thread: MSQ & 8 mans

MSQ & 8 mans

Hey,

I've recently picked up FF due to down time in WoW before BFA and one thing that is extremely frustrating as someone who is new and doesn't have level 70 friends is the wait times of the 8 mans that are forced to be done during the MSQ (Thornmarch, Castrum Meridianum & Praetorium so far).

I've had to wait more than an hour for each one of these duties to pop which makes me wonder why there isn't a way around them since they are 2 expansions old content....

I do understand that it wouldn't take as much time as a healer & that I can do other things while I wait but I wanted to play FF because I was told the leveling experience due to the MSQ makes it a great time which has been true minus the 8 mans, I have a lot of patients compared to others, who at this point would throw in the towel and play something else instead because it really breaks the flow of the story...

Is this a common complaint?

Not as common as the complaint you used to see, that people were being left behind unable to participate in Castrum and Praetorium cos the cutscenes could be skipped so everyone else rushed ahead and did everything and left, leaving the sprout to either skip all the story they'd been building towards or miss out on fights. That changed recently when they made the cutscenes in those two unskippable, which made queue times for them go up.

Fortunately SE learned from that, those are the only two 8-man dungeons in the game. Everything else is either trials or raids.

Now what's really going to test your patience are the soul-sucking busywork quests between 2.1 and 2.55...

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Now what's really going to test your patience are the soul-sucking busywork quests between 2.1 and 2.55...
    Speaking of which, why haven't they done anything about that yet? Seems like Stormblood would have been a good time for them to trim some of the fat from the pre-Heavensward MSQ and leave it in a state where you've got just the important quests to do rather than interspersing them with all the pointless busy work ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    Hey,

I've recently picked up FF due to down time in WoW before BFA and one thing that is extremely frustrating as someone who is new and doesn't have level 70 friends is the wait times of the 8 mans that are forced to be done during the MSQ (Thornmarch, Castrum Meridianum & Praetorium so far).

I've had to wait more than an hour for each one of these duties to pop which makes me wonder why there isn't a way around them since they are 2 expansions old content....

I do understand that it wouldn't take as much time as a healer & that I can do other things while I wait but I wanted to play FF because I was told the leveling experience due to the MSQ makes it a great time which has been true minus the 8 mans, I have a lot of patients compared to others, who at this point would throw in the towel and play something else instead because it really breaks the flow of the story...

Is this a common complaint?
    The 8 man content towards the end of the 2.0 story line (Castrum and Praetorium) are the worst ones. I feel your pain, it sucks that those things take so long to queue for, however, it is possible to use the duty finder and post a group there asking for help to get through them. It's good that you're already passed Castrum and Praetorium though because finding groups for them now is a freaking nightmare given the non-skippable cutscenes and them taking almost a full hour each even going as fast as you can to get through it with all the cutscenes.

Which realm/ data center are you on? I'd be glad to help out if you're on Excalibur/Primal.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Speaking of which, why haven't they done anything about that yet? Seems like Stormblood would have been a good time for them to trim some of the fat from the pre-Heavensward MSQ and leave it in a state where you've got just the important quests to do rather than interspersing them with all the pointless busy work ones too.
    *dangles Story Skip potion* Easier and more profitable to sell these, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    *dangles Story Skip potion* Easier and more profitable to sell these, probably.
    Perhaps. Though I would have thought it even more profitable to keep people subscribed throughout the entire MSQ and buying the expansions rather than getting stuck in the gap between ARR and Heavensward and just giving up.

Just how I see it, I'm sure Squenix have hard data on the topic to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Perhaps. Though I would have thought it even more profitable to keep people subscribed throughout the entire MSQ and buying the expansions rather than getting stuck in the gap between ARR and Heavensward and just giving up.

Just how I see it, I'm sure Squenix have hard data on the topic to work with.
    They'd actually have to change things to streamline the MSQ, which of course runs into the age-old problem of breaking spaghetti code, tying up resources they probably want to spend on new content. But the more expansions they pile on, the more that risk increases of people getting tired of the slog to get to current content. So maybe in the near future it'll change.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm right now doing the 100 quests between Praetorium and beginning of Heavensward and honestly... I'm getting bored and fed up!
    I am stuck at lvl 54 because NONE of the MSQ quests after Praetorium award very much, even on a 2x XP realm like Goblin! I'd like to move on to Heavensward but am on like quests #35 of 100 in the Seventh Astral Era MSQ.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Those quests were all intended to be done at cap (lvl 50 at the time), so no, they don't give much. I think when I did them I got from 50 to 52 by the end of all of them. And yes, especially the first half of them are mind-numbing. Who the fuck finds playing FedEx for the fucking Domans fun?!? What kind of person goes 'ooh, picking up a box and putting it on a cart four times, I feel so immersed and rewarded!' ??

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    I'm right now doing the 100 quests between Praetorium and beginning of Heavensward and honestly... I'm getting bored and fed up!
    I am stuck at lvl 54 because NONE of the MSQ quests after Praetorium award very much, even on a 2x XP realm like Goblin! I'd like to move on to Heavensward but am on like quests #35 of 100 in the Seventh Astral Era MSQ.
    Haha I found the same thing, I get 9.6k per quest doing MSQ while doing duties give almost half a level

Deleted
    Always felt like they should Level-Scale MSQ Quests once you outlevel them and rather scale the 50 and the 60 Quest to be part of the 1-50 and 50-60 experience. This would make Leveling in former Expansions and reaching Max Level easier as it would reduce the downtimes once you run out of MSQs. Which especially sucks as DPS.