Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    He could buy everyone in the world a house and still be a super rich. He owns this site too lmao.
    130,000,000,000 / 7,600,000,000 = $17 per person. He could literally only give every person $17, not a house.

Brb, Amazon delivered my package.

Seriously. Amazon is amazing.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    and who pays for all that stuff ? 1.4 trillion will not make it IMHO.
    Um, I'm not sure you're actually reading my post. And frankly, it's a brilliant plan - I only get one good idea per year. Don't squander it! Please! /plead

You asked me how many billionaires, and how much. I said 12 and $1.4 Trillion - I originally just made that up out of thin air. I was being saucy.
    You then asked me how I would spend that money - and I can only spend it once. I answer with SHEER BRILLIANCE and you are mocking it.

If you take $1.4 Trillion, you can buy all the Congressional, Senatorial, and Presidential seats for at least 20 years (probably 40). I will do that, then:

Legislate with my new buds. Using the United States' money to fix all the programs I mentioned above (and more).

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    130,000,000,000 / 7,600,000,000 = $17 per person. He could literally only give every person $17, not a house.
    even if you calculate for a family, not 7 bn singles: parents + 2 children would receive 68 $ at all. yo, nice home !

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Most Eu countries actually adapted laws this or last year to tax non direct incomes (dividends, shares and all that).
    We pay tax on dividend in the US also. Although at a lower rate.

I don't think any country in the world tax you on unrealized capital gain. Your investment portfolio may increase in value 3x, but you won't get taxed until you actually cash it out.

Deleted
    Hes not a leeching Piece of Shit who just inherited like 99% of all Rich People. He actually did something so im ok with him earning lot of Money even if i dont understand why someone needs this Amount

He hit the Jackpot with his Amazon Idea

He should buy Bitcoin, he would double his money in a month. Bezos is much cooler than Gates (who is not cool at all).

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Um, I'm not sure you're actually reading my post. And frankly, it's a brilliant plan - I only get one good idea per year. Don't squander it! Please! /plead

You asked me how many billionaires, and how much. I said 12 and $1.4 Trillion - I originally just made that up out of thin air. I was being saucy.
    You then asked me how I would spend that money - and I can only spend it once. I answer with SHEER BRILLIANCE and you are mocking it.

If you take $1.4 Trillion, you can buy all the Congressional, Senatorial, and Presidential seats for at least 20 years (probably 40). I will do that, then:

Legislate with my new buds. Using the United States' money to fix all the programs I mentioned above (and more).
    ok ok.
    but as soon you want to cut something else, hell will break loose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    He could buy everyone a house as long as that house costs less than $19.

Seriously. Do the math. But first, learn it.
    Yes but that's not how anyone would use money to help. The best way to help is to look at a community and see what they need and give them a relief so they can breathe again, a lot of people in modern times are alive, but they are constantly choking because of the pressure they put on themselves and t

For example investing directly into local education is something that's always needed and doesn't require that much capital to change it for the better. You'd be surprised how much good you could do as a billionaire by picking out a school and saying, we'll provide you with new equipment, teaching materials, perhaps a small renovation to make the school building more resource efficient and thus reducing the bills. It doesn't need to cost more than $10 million per school and it would give the community the feeling that they're being appreciated by someone.

With $130 billion you can do a lot, especially if you focus it on areas where the biggest improvement is yet to be made, all put together they can make a huge change for a lot of people without having to spend all of their money too. Look at Bill Gates he spent a fraction of the money the world has spent on fighting Polio and had a much better success by investing in the right projects and research groups.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2018-03-13 at 05:37 PM.

No one is even going to give me a little shout-out to my brilliant plan? I mean, this was a true flash of brilliance.

No love at all @ranzino?
    Eh, they're too busy dividing Jeff's wealth. But your plan is clever if scary. Scary inasmuch as it would probably work...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    We pay tax on dividend in the US also. Although at a lower rate.

I don't think any country in the world tax you on unrealized capital gain. Your investment portfolio may increase in value 3x, but you won't get taxed until you actually cash it out.
    Obviously but I was referring to actual incomes on a yearly basis, if they could tax your investment before it's paid out, they could theoretically tax our homes because they increased in value too, so they have to be very specific to tax to make sure it's not open for abuse.

And yeah dividend taxes are laughable, in my country it's 0.15%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    But I don't see a problem with throwing a few million at a particular state of his choosing to improve things such as infrastructure and such. It would be 0 cost to the state, so they wouldn't need to increase the cost for the citizens to remain there. I know it doesn't sound like a huge thing to those who don't live in a state sponsored by him, but i'm sure those who live there would see him as a saint.
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Yes but that's not how anyone would use money to help. The best way to help is to look at a community and see what they need and give them a relief so they can breathe again, a lot of people in modern times are alive, but they are constantly choking because of the pressure they put on themselves and t

For example investing directly into local education is something that's always needed and doesn't require that much capital to change it for the better. You'd be surprised how much good you could do as a billionaire by picking out a school and saying, we'll provide you with new equipment, teaching materials, perhaps a small renovation to make the school building more resource efficient and thus reducing the bills. It doesn't need to cost more than $10 million per school and it would give the community the feeling that they're being appreciated by someone.
    I agree with both views.

Now, having just read an article about how his latest donation (Dreamer education) was meant to annoy Trump (and we know they have a feud) I think combining the two ideas above would be the perfect way for him to both make a mark and fuck with Trump and/or the GOP: Dump a shitload of money into education in some red states.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    ok ok.
    but as soon you want to cut something else, hell will break loose.
    Lol, very true.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, they're too busy dividing Jeff's wealth. But your plan is clever if scary. Scary inasmuch as it would probably work...
    Lol, good point. And yeah, it is a little scary, because those numbers would almost guarantee getting decent people elected (I won't be running any Nazi's or pedophiles).

Can you imagine what this country could do with cooperative and focused legislation? The things we could have done . . . .

tell us again why we cant raise taxes on the rich? really make no sense what so ever to not tax them more

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    tell us again why we cant raise taxes on the rich? really make no sense what so ever to not tax them more
    The person or the company, I see a lot of talk going on about taxing him, but do you people mean the company?

Can you imagine what this country could do with cooperative and focused legislation? The things we could have done . . . .
    Actually, to make a real impact, you would need more than Congress. You would need 38 state legislatures as well.

He should now be able to purchase more Iguana farms for his favorite food

Yummy BBQ Iguana

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, to make a real impact, you would need more than Congress. You would need 38 state legislatures as well.
    Ok, now that is a very good point. I'll make a spreadsheet and see what I could guy. Since I was WAY over budget for 20 years of national elections, I bet I have some room to spare.

Also, I just saw what you did there with 38. Excellent point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorrum View Post
    The person or the company, I see a lot of talk going on about taxing him, but do you people mean the company?

both, no reason to not tax them both

Also, I just saw what you did there with 38. Excellent point.
    Living in a country where the governing party has that kind of legislative reach and the morals of Trump makes one sensitive to such niceties.