Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I think there are 3 strong candidates:

1) Tomb of Sargeras (why is titan construct even there?)
    2) Kul Tiras (Stormsong Valley, to be more precise - these Sea Priest are very suspicious)
    3) Underwater between Zandalar and Kul Tiras - if N'zoth will be final boss (although I would rather see him winning this expac, so we could see proper "Black Empire" old god expansion with him as main villain from the start), this would be perfect place to put his raid.
    Tomb is right out.

We have a lot of Titan construct buildings and areas in various state of repair - Halls of Origination, Halls of Stone, Halls of Thunder (I think that's the one where we fight Loken.), Uldaman, the original entrance to Uldum, Wyrmrest Temple, technically even the tombs on Shield's Rest and the halls where Tyr died and we get Xal'Atath/Strom'Kar/Silver Hand.

Basically there's no real telling where we might find a titan facility or what the original purpose of the facility was or what it is being repurposed for.

I mean there's a facility for holding onto weird light-owls that serve as the Priest class mount.

There's also the facility where Magni brings us in Scholozar that we teleport into where the keepers are basically keeping Azeroth asleep and lucidly dreaming.

As is we don't even know where the Maiden of Virtue in Kara first came from either. Though Kara itself could be Titanic in origin.

Regarding just the Tomb we can only assume that the Night Elves simply built over a site that was considered holy because of the Titan installation already there. Oddly enough I would guess it to be a transport room given that it's where the Avatar of Sargeras is trapped and in all probability came to Azeroth. Aegwyn simply "defeated" it there then sealed the tomb until bad things happened. Given how when the tomb was first opened demons came through and tore Gul'Dan to shreds it definitely implies that there was transportation into the tomb in one manner or another.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    The original explanation was that beside a huge chunk of the original pangea sunken the part that remained afloat shifted apart from the center of the explosion, i don't know if blizzard somewhat retconned this part if not the current continents are much more far away from the maelstrom than they were from the well of eternity.

this is why i think n'zoth prison must have shifted like everything else far away from the maelstrom and could be positioned around north-east vashj'ir.
    We were originally told that the land masses moved away, but seeing the old continent, this no longer is true. Everything is still in the same spot, just most of the central land mass sunk into the ocean. Making Azshara and Zin-Ashari not possibly the same place anymore.

Realistically if the continent had blown apart and the land masses pushed away, there wouldn't be a Maelstrom but a massive gaping hole with lava and life blood spewing out.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    We were originally told that the land masses moved away, but seeing the old continent, this no longer is true. Everything is still in the same spot, just most of the central land mass sunk into the ocean. Making Azshara and Zin-Ashari not possibly the same place anymore.

Realistically if the continent had blown apart and the land masses pushed away, there wouldn't be a Maelstrom but a massive gaping hole with lava and life blood spewing out.
    Look at the Suramar intro. Things are shifted relative to one another even on the landmasses that stayed in one piece and the continents moved from where they were before the Sundering. It's quite the opposite of what you say.

As to what the deal with the Maelstrom is... nobody is quite sure. Gigantic portals being detonated straight over pools of Titan blood isn't exactly an everyday occurence.

N'Zoth was where it's name is put on the map. Why else would they put it's name there instead of the middle of the green area where there is more space? Doesn't make sense putting it where it is currently if this isn't the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Uh, I don't remember it being state anywhere that he is the youngest.

Xal'atath (the Shadow Priest artifact weapon) implies that N'Zoth is the weakest of them:

Or maybe Xal'atath is implying that IT is the weakest... furthering the speculation that Xal'atath is the remains of another Old God...
    Then Xal would've mentioned N'Zoth and cut off after that.
    Last edited by Explicit Teemo Nudes; 2018-03-13 at 07:37 PM.

I just hope they don't pull a "HE WAS IN THE SHADOWLANDS THE ENTIRE TIME" on us. Shadowlands needs to be an expansion, not a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Look at the Suramar intro. Things are shifted relative to one another even on the landmasses that stayed in one piece and the continents moved from where they were before the Sundering. It's quite the opposite of what you say.

As to what the deal with the Maelstrom is... nobody is quite sure. Gigantic portals being detonated straight over pools of Titan blood isn't exactly an everyday occurence.
    That is a really horrible edit transition where they take the single continent, then take the others enlarge them like crazy and put them together. Look at where Hyjal is, because they enlarge the others to put it together, it actually gets closer to the well...

Take the 2 maps and overlap them, and do some comparisons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It could always be that Zin-Azshari being the capital of a continent spanning empire was FUCKING MASSIVE. Highborne had access to telemancy which seems much more efficient than teleportation, so maybe the capital was a sprawling city the size of a small state and the palace was at the eastern end, by the Well.
    That's ridiculous.

Look at the Kalimdor map, look at where Azshara is compared to Hyjal and then see how far it is from the Well and look at all the mountains and valleys. The city was large, but it wasn't 100's of miles.

Wasn't N'Zoth in the Dragon Soul raid? I could've sworn his tentacles were all over the place in that raid but I don't see the map extending his influence all the way to Dragonblight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Wasn't N'Zoth in the Dragon Soul raid? I could've sworn his tentacles were all over the place in that raid but I don't see the map extending his influence all the way to Dragonblight.
    Not personally. The big tentacles were from Old God servants like Iso'Rath. At that point N'Zoth was the only active Old God, so all faceless ones and other Old God servants were acting under his command. All the Faceless there were yelling about how they served him and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    Given the known locations of C'Thun and Yogg-Saron, you can see by looking at the map of the Black Empire, that each Old God's influence and territory expands via tendrils stretching out from the center (just as their physical form does). With exception of course for Y'Shaarj, who was plucked from the surface of Azeroth creating the Maelstrom (the Southern remnants of his land later becoming Pandaria).

I've always just assumed that N'Zoth's name on the map was his location, but looking at the spread of his empire, that really wouldn't make any sense. He was the least powerful of the Old Gods, so it seems possible that the other more powerful beings encroached on his territory ... but N'Zoth is the weakest because he is the youngest, meaning that his territory must have expanded over or grown to meet the others in his vicinity.

Looking at the map in this way, it would seem that N'Zoth's more likely location is on the other side of the Eastern Kingdoms, either on a landmass or just off the coast. If you look for the "center" of N'Zoth's influence on the Black Empire map, it lies somewhere between Twilight Highlands, the Wetlands, and Arathi Highlands. Here is a description of the Twilight Highlands.

From Wowpedia:

In particular, the underlined bit sounds a lot like what is about to happen in BfA. We also know that Arathi Highlands will become a key staging ground for warfronts. I think all of the bloodshed on that soil is intended to feed something deep underground.

Going back to what I said about the name on the map being the presumed location of N'Zoth ... there is another map which pins his name in that location. However, the maps aside, all of the text about N'Zoth's location says it is a mystery. If it's a mystery, and no temple/prison has been discovered anywhere near it like with the others, I think that the maps give a false location. Maybe there is something there, some projection, but it can't be the true center because of all the reasons I gave above.

I think G'huun, or that other entity Shul-Naguruth is a projection and/or the accidental titan creation. Either they experimented with an outgrowth of N'Zoth and created a new beast, or it's another Old God we never heard of before. But N'Zoth must be off the Eastern coast.
    Although this is cool, and I think there is some merit... are we just going to ignore the sea of references and information suggesting that N'Zoth is deep in the ocean? I mean... that's literally one of the main connections to the Naga and Azshara... the fact that N'Zoth is within the deeps.

Unless perhaps, N'Zoth is in the ocean around or literally beneath the continent of the Twilight Highlands? Maybe... who knows.

EDIT: Unless, N'Zoth was in the Twilight Highlands, but when the Sundering happened he was somehow dislodged/blasted into the ocean where he now is...?