You do realize they are a FACTION and not a race right? You guys are really stretching the concept of allied races to new levels of derp with some of these suggestions. Hell, let's just turn every single faction and every single race currently in game into an allied race. FFS can we stop with the dumb already? OP needs a hobby, girlfriend, cat...something.
    Kthxhugsbye

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    Oh that would be hilarious
    Update the lore to make Vereesa always looking like that , Rhonin took the mana bomb because he couldn't take it anymore.

If you want something different go all the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I have always held a neutral stance on playable high elves. When void elves were datamined and later announced/confirmed, I was content. High elves and blood elves are pretty much the same race, you can't do much to differentiate them. I'll admit it, this thread however has some quirky ideas and some good ideas. I'm not a fan of the 80s hairstyles, but they could be fantasized to appear less silly and more so unique. Don't get me wrong, I'm still okay we don't have high elves, but I definitely see and understand the passion people have when it comes to high elves. Also, to the high elf fans, I hope one day you get your wish.

The only way I could ever see them playable in the game, is if they give void elves some high elf customization options or give the blood elves some additional eye colors to use. However, if Blizzard could figure out a way to make the high elves unique from the blood elves or void elves, which would be extremely difficult and and require huge retcons, I could see them being an allied race. Customization wise, high elves could probably be given light human skin colors, fair hair colors and glowing blue and/or white/silver eyes. Tattoos and runes could also be potential customization options. I could also seem them adding unique hairstyles and facial hairstyles that would be reminiscent of Lord of the Rings or Dungeons & Dragons.

Until then though, I'm content with the blood elves and void elves we have. I will forever keep a neutral stance on the subject of high elves. People can dream though, and I hope those who want high elves end up satisfied at some point in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice work, they look like a candidate for ally side druids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    You do realize they are a FACTION and not a race right? You guys are really stretching the concept of allied races to new levels of derp with some of these suggestions. Hell, let's just turn every single faction and every single race currently in game into an allied race. FFS can we stop with the dumb already? OP needs a hobby, girlfriend, cat...something.
    You do realize, that Kul Tirans are just faction of humans, not different race right? It didnt stop them being half giants, even though in every other depiction they looked like normal humans. And they will be most likely a new allied race.

5+ Year Old Account
    Lol, people still imagining High Elves will ever be a thing. You got your purple edgelord elves. Make do.
    Owner & Operator of The Barrens Grind Support Group
    Survivor of Early TBC Ganklethorn Vale
    Horde Till I Die

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    You do realize they are a FACTION and not a race right?
    High Elves would be the race. Silver Covenant would be their faction/lore.

Deleted
    I love the suggestions here except that they're a bit too fanciful. They're not Void elves or Blood elves. More conservative and more outdoors should be the aim. Facial hair, more than that of the velves and belves, would fit their style. Giving them the nigtht elf skeleton would move them away from the decadence that is blood elves.
    The wair paint are great and I love the Heritage armour ideas. I like the racials focused on the idea of living to fight another day and the use of meditation and such as a practice implemented to cope with the withdrawals.

Imo classes should be:

Warrior
    Rogue
    Hunter
    Priest
    Paladin
    Mage
    Monk
    Druid

Alliance need another Druid race and high elves inspired by the original elven concepts from Warcraft 2 fit that bill.
    Last edited by mmoc90efbc5b1c; 2018-03-13 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    Imo classes should be:

Warrior
    Rogue
    Hunter
    Priest
    Paladin
    Mage
    Monk
    Druid

Alliance need another Druid race and high elves inspired by the original elven concepts from Warcraft 2 fit that bill.
    I like your list. So far, the allied races have offered 6 classes on two of them, and 7 classes on the other. This list has 8, so one likely needs to be dropped. I like the druid idea (they could learn from Night Elves) so Monk would be my choice to cut.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    I like your list. So far, the allied races have offered 6 classes on two of them, and 7 classes on the other. This list has 8, so one likely needs to be dropped. I like the druid idea (they could learn from Night Elves) so Monk would be my choice to cut.
    It all depends on the horde counterpart. Some have suggested Forsaken Elves and I concur with that.

They could possibly get:

Warrior
    Hunter
    Rogue
    Mage
    Warlock
    Monk
    Priest
    Death Knight

This would give them 8 classes each.

You've got some great thoughts, and I like that you're thinking outside the box. You put a lot of work into that post.
    I'm Horde and I'm biased. I bent over backwards trying to ve fair to both sides.

Maybe too much.

SNIPPED QUOTES ABOVE: Unfortunately, the Night Elves have Romanesque helmets and architecture already. If the High Elves use their model, their architecture, and their armor, they will be too similar to Night Elves.
    Which isn't the same problem as both will be on the same side. More...Roman is not an aesthetic I'd associate with the Night Elfs, outside the look of some of their buildings. More, given that the Tauren and Highmountain are deemed different enough to be on the same faction, even if you accept the Roman aesthetic as Night Elf as well, existing precedent would suggest it'd be acceptable.

As for moving away from the arcane and the Light... I can see story wise dumping the arcane side. Players wouldn't like it though, as it's one of their biggest iconic things. But I could still support that idea.
    Its also lore, part of an Alliance quest chain. Iconic or not, its part of the HElf story. I just embraced it.

Moving away from the Light? I assume from your post you mean they would have yellow eyes if they picked Light classes, which is a great idea!
    Its easier in some ways to add this aesthetic to the High Elves because they aren't playable. The varying eye colour then becomes part of THEIR racial identity in a way that would be difficult to achieve for Blood Elfs.

But while the idea is there ..red eye glow for the Darkfallen Warlock and Death Knight, yellow eye glow for Paladins and Priests...the central concept is that yes, at least at the start, Paladins and Priests, Death Knights and Warlocks would not be playable.

Paladins and Priests would belong to the non-player Silver Covenant faction of the High Elfs, Warlocks and Death Knights to the DarkFallen grouping. Expanding the class selection would represent these groupings becoming playable.

But for story purposes, and to create meaningful differentiation between the races, Paladins, Priests and Mages and Monks would be non player classes with Death Knights and Warlocks being possible only via the Darkfallen.

Maybe the class selection can be expanded upon later but the race would need time to solidify its own identity as a player race separate from BloodElfs. I am biased, but I feel that is important. High Elfs need to be seen as High Elfs and not Alliance Blood Elfs.

Different models...different class selection...no mages, no paladins, no priests...an aesthetic that is reminiscent of Rome...and an undead subfaction should do that.

Once its identity is cemented, there may be more flexibility but one of the major issues raised over why Void and not High is that High Elfs would not have their own identity. I try to address that.

So...no iconic classes, but you get the eye color thing and you get to be the third Demon Hunter class (maybe)
    Last edited by KyrtF; 2018-03-13 at 11:20 PM.

Here are my ideas for the High Elves (Alliance) vs. Undead Elves (Horde) Classes:

High Elves Classes (Elven Rangers, Sorcerers and Priests):
    - Warrior (Swordsman)
    - Hunter (Ranger)
    - Rogue (Stealthed Ranger)
    - Priest (Holy Priest)
    - Mage (classic high elf)
    - Paladin (some belonged to the Silver Hand order)
    - Monk (they became friends with the Pandaren)

NO Death Knights! All Quel'thalas Death Knights are Blood Elf or San'layn / undead elves

Undead Elves Classes (Dark Ranger / San'layn / Vampiric ghostly elves):
    - Warrior (Swordsman)
    - Hunter (Dark Ranger)
    - Rogue (Assassin)
    - Priest (Shadow Priest)
    - Mage (hunger for magic)
    - Death Knight (Unholy Paladin... duh!) - Must be different (more rotten / evil?) from Blood Elf Death Knights
    - Warlock (Affliction / Destruction Warlocks, drain soul and health)

No Monks... Pandaren do not share the same ideals of Vampire Elves!

Excluded Classes:

- Druid (their druid ancestors remained with the night elves)
    - Shaman (no connection to the elements like all the other elves)
    - Demon Hunter (well... If they had become friends with Illidan before, maybe ...)
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-03-13 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Ok its time for my concept art for high elf:

This is the ideal elven body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

No lie, I would 100% take a High Elf who's been accidentally transmogrified into a panda over an emo Blood Elf. I mean, Blood Elves are already playable, Void Elves offer no cultural difference - why wouldn't you just play a Belf?

I like that this thread is really trying to distill the High Elf culture down to its essential highlights, and represent them visually and mechanically. It really underlines just how wide a gap exists between Sin'dorei and Quel'dorei. It's a little odd that some of the folks posting are criticizing this as fanfiction - I mean, everything in the first post draws directly from Warcraft game content. If you're going that route, it would make more sense to criticize it for not having enough ideas that go outside of the established canon.

On that topic, I feel like the unicorn armour might be a little much. I like some of the concepts for pairing them with Forsaken Elves, though I can't help but think, if Quel'dorei did become playable, they'd be more likely paired with Red-Eyed Humans (Nathanos-style Forsaken).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    No.

You want to play High Elves? Good news, you can! They're called Blood Elves.

Oh...

You don't want to play Horde because they hurt your feel feels? Well... good news! There's the Void Elves!

Still not good enough? Well.. there's plenty of other MMO's out there in the MMO Sea. Go! Jump in and drown already and find what you want somewhere else.

This topic is as old as WoW itself; Blizzard FINALLY meets this crowd halfway, and it's still not good enough.

Come to terms and move on already ffs.
    Stop crying you spit too much. We are going to be an allied race and you cannot stop it.

Here is an attempt at the unicorn theme using the Silver Covenant color pallet. I noticed that one of King Varian's armor sets in HotS had this color set, so I ran with it. It's a far departure from the classic Ranger look, however.
    It feels more like the Silver Covenant I think. It's kinda funny, this is more the direction I might have gone with before seeing your thread, but your mockups convinced me that the high elves could still have their Warcraft II nature/ranger feel without stepping on the night elves or Wildhammer. Also, I almost did that unicorn headband thing myself, as a shout out to Final Fantasy summoners. I think it can work, but I was afraid of it looking like I was laying the unicorn thing on a bit too thick. I guess I should worry less.

Deleted
    https://www.change.org/p/blizzard-en...rue/u/22502657 Sign a petition to make this race playable ^^.

Here is an attempt at the unicorn theme using the Silver Covenant color pallet. I noticed that one of King Varian's armor sets in HotS had this color set, so I ran with it. It's a far departure from the classic Ranger look, however.

I think the unicorn Shoulders and helm are a bit too much, mate. Below the shoulders its cool.
    I would take the heads from the shoulders and the horn from the helm and leave it like that.
    I would probably draw or crave some ranger symbols (arrows or war paint) on those shoulders instead.

Assume you mean Warcraft 3?
    Warcraft 1 priests were also High Elves. Actually they were the only elves of warcraft 1, if i remember well..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AndreiOptyck View Post
    https://www.change.org/p/blizzard-en...rue/u/22502657 Sign a petition to make this race playable ^^.
    Blizzard doesn't like petitions. Don't think this will help the cause, to be honest.
    It would help more if people wrote in the in game suggestions about high elves, instead of make a petition... But that's my feeling about it.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-03-13 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of work
    Sure why not! Its 2018 embrace diversity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I'd fully be cheering for high elves if they showed up with Pandaren body types, kicked out of Quel'thalas for eating all the mana crystals.
    I for one would accept fat- ahem, ‘Kul Tiran’ High Elves as a compromise. The Alliance gets their High Elves, just with a different, big-boned look to them!