Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Brigitte and Moira Becoming Favorite as hybrid Heroes in Overwatch

Blizzard is making good progress with Overwatch and introducing new heroes. With these new heroes making teams is becoming harder and work of focus. New Heroes are hybrids of old type hero. In recent event, Jeff Kaplan also published a list of Heroes differentiated by their tier. In that list Moira was one hero that is Hybrid and took second place in most tier and first in Platinum and Gold tier. Moira is a hybrid of support and damage. This hero is not alone in this list of hybrids here.
    It is seen that people are not interested in becoming a support or tank. As they join the server they choose damage or defense heroes. Some also refuse to play other than their main character. This make the drafting process unfair and unbalanced. An unbalanced play makes newbie/rookie player frustrated and leave the game. But that was based on practical research that me and my friend have done. What I have seen is that people love to choose while others research shows that people are liking to pick support heroes.
    Brigitte and Moira are two of those hybrid heroes here those are best option for you if you are making choice between two different type of heroes. As mentioned earlier Moira is a cross of Support and Damage type hero. On other hand Brigitte is cross of Support and Tank. Different heroes goes with different style of playing games. Now as it happens many time that you are unable to choose your favorite hero type then no need to panic you still have these two choices.
    I thinks with these two heroes in game Blizzard is thinking of eliminating unbalancing fact from the game. By introducing these two they have opened many doors for players to make teams. Now it is easy and comes with a lots of opportunity to tie up. This kind of versatile heroes combo need good strategy planning and understanding of the hero. With good combination you can literally make power full combo during the match.
    On other hand there are some companion type applications those help you in learning game and making team before the match. You can also tie up with other player learn from them and coach them about how game works. GetGood app let you earn if you are a coach. On other side, Overstats and OverSumo are like many other companion app and these are not official.

Sure, but their actual contribution to the team depends on how they're played. I've been in plenty of groups where the only healing done by the person playing Moira is from coalescence or an orb they toss at themselves if they get in a tight spot. You're not contributing much of value to your team as a hybrid hero if you play it completely one-dimmensionally.

I will say that I've seen people play (and played myself) Moira primarily as a dps/flanker when there are 2 other healers on the team. It adds a lot of versatility to the team when you can hunt people down, do tons of damage, and bail the team out with burst healing once in awhile while still providing the team with a ton of damage and versatility. Moira's great at hunting healers, snipers, etc.

Moira isn't a cross between healer and damage, Zenyata is a cross between healer and damage. If you think she is damage then you are playing her wrong and part of the reason people here bitch so much about her design.

Moira's damage is mostly intended to be a resource to refill her healing ability which is one of the highest in the game. You should be using healing orbs in 90% of the situations and dps orb is mostly good for chasing down weak half dead flankers trying to make their escape. If you toss it into 2+ targets you are doing jack shit for damage. Your main attack is also jack shit for damage, zenyatta quickly erases opponents from the game, I can with regular one shot at a time kill a doomfist before he lands to stun me. You can't do that with moira.

The worst moira's are the ones who think they are flankers and are no where near their team to help heal. So bad that I just ignore them because they do nothing the whole game. All the enemy has to do is use a dva to suck up your purple balls like power pellets and you have been essentially removed from the game as a dps. Genji deflects it and you just became your teams worst enemy.

The only thing she excels at damaging is Pharah because she can lock on at range. In chautaue she works because no one has a backup healer and you don't need to heal anyone else so you can go full dps and pick up last hits.

Spend your games doing nothing but healing and dps only to fill your heal gauge, watch your win rates skyrocket.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-03-13 at 11:45 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Moira is really great at killing Genjis and Tracers (two of the most annoying DPS in the game), so I can see why she's becoming popular in the support arena. It'll be interesting to see what Brigitte does when she hits live. I'm looking forward to her because Support and Tank are my favorite roles, and a hero that combines them is right up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Difference is Zen is extremely easy to kill whereas Moira isn't
    The difference is also their damage and healing output. Not only does zen throw much more damage and way less healing he lets his entire team do more damage to one target at a time. That is why he is a secondary healer and Moira is a main healer.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-03-14 at 12:41 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

But zen is slow, his attacks are easy to avoid unless you let yourself get baited and he oneshots you (speaking as a tracer/ soldier main) - moira is really annoying when she gets in the back and she can quite easily kill squishies or DPS if they don't react fast enough
    Why the fuck do you have Moira in the back? She is not a flanker she is support. You are not helping your team behind the enemy. The last place you should be is behind the enemy team. She is a much larger threat with her team. Think of it this way, you can still fire through your team while they can’t fire through shields and body blocks and you can keep them alive at the same time.

You know what? Sure. You just keep solo back flanking with Moira, I’m sure you will be amazing.

But zen is slow, his attacks are easy to avoid unless you let yourself get baited and he oneshots you (speaking as a tracer/ soldier main) - moira is really annoying when she gets in the back and she can quite easily kill squishies or DPS if they don't react fast enough
    The hell kind of shit Moira does that? Pick Tracer or Genji if you want to destroy enemy backlines. Also if you actually let a 50 DPS support kill your backline, you're really bad yourself.

Brigitta is shit sadly she has 1 purpose counter dive. If you cant hit anything you dont heal. Moira is great though unless you are solo healing then shes not good

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Brigitta is shit sadly she has 1 purpose counter dive. If you cant hit anything you dont heal. Moira is great though unless you are solo healing then shes not good
    I am looking forward to using Hog to pull in healing nom noms for brig.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty hostile aren't we
    At a certain point in my message I realized that you were not the kind of person who is going to play Moira correctly regardless what I said, so party on Wayne.

Truth is Brigitte isn't going to be that good of a hero, her attack range is small, her shield is tiny and hardly absorbs any damage, and her stun is nice and all, but it's going to be difficult for her to initiate anything. The only thing she really has going for her is the health pack and ult, however the ult requires quite a long charge to get it active.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2018-03-14 at 04:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Moira isn't a cross between healer and damage, Zenyata is a cross between healer and damage. If you think she is damage then you are playing her wrong and part of the reason people here bitch so much about her design.

Moira's damage is mostly intended to be a resource to refill her healing ability which is one of the highest in the game. You should be using healing orbs in 90% of the situations and dps orb is mostly good for chasing down weak half dead flankers trying to make their escape. If you toss it into 2+ targets you are doing jack shit for damage. Your main attack is also jack shit for damage, zenyatta quickly erases opponents from the game, I can with regular one shot at a time kill a doomfist before he lands to stun me. You can't do that with moira.

The worst moira's are the ones who think they are flankers and are no where near their team to help heal. So bad that I just ignore them because they do nothing the whole game. All the enemy has to do is use a dva to suck up your purple balls like power pellets and you have been essentially removed from the game as a dps. Genji deflects it and you just became your teams worst enemy.

The only thing she excels at damaging is Pharah because she can lock on at range. In chautaue she works because no one has a backup healer and you don't need to heal anyone else so you can go full dps and pick up last hits.

Spend your games doing nothing but healing and dps only to fill your heal gauge, watch your win rates skyrocket.
    I completely disagree with your assessment on playing her and since I do pretty well with her I'll keep on keeping on.

yeah, I have fallen into this situation so many time that's why I use GetGood App to make a better team before the match start. So I can choose my own team member what is much sweet than that and also some player has helped me leaarned from them.

Deleted
    Brig's gonna be great, even more pressure on the dive meta that exists now, Tracer's are gonna be less able to smash your squishies and just generally any single team member getting insta gibbed is gonna be less likely. I'm eagerly anticipating her release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Moira can solo heal a'ight, so long as you remember that's what you're doing and don't use your orbs for killin'. Issue I have with Moira is that she is a gauge as to how well everyone else is playing.

This is not "I'm so good I got all the golds", it's that my team is doing so poorly that I got all the golds. Still won though... Moira is able to "carry" more than most.
    Last edited by Kujako; 2018-03-19 at 04:44 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    if playing moira as a dps who can heal is wrong, i don't want to be right.
    whenever i throw a healing orb out my team tends to run away from it, so... yeah. i'd love if people actually ran towards it, but i can't control what people do.

not sure what is wrong with throwing a damage orb into a group of enemies if you know the ball is gonna bounce and hit them a lot, it fucking stings, and i've noticed it makes people run the hell away, which is cool for pretty much every objective in this game.
    i agree we can eat pharah up quick, but same with tracer/genji/sombra.. moira is great at eating up flankers, especially if you can guess their retreat routes.

moira does ridiculous damage, i am honestly surprise she hasn't had her damage reduced significantly. but she also does amazing healing. and yes it is true, you should be healing! but you to not use that damage would be foolish -- unless you're solo healing i guess?

but hey, play however you wanna, as long as you're trying to win and aren't throwing the games intentionally

To add a bit of fact to this emotional Moira argument, her attack does 80 hps which cleaves, or (with perfect accuracy) 50 dps single target a 30 hps self-heal. Her orb does either 75 hps with 300 max value, or 50 dps with 200 max value. Her ult is the most unbalanced with 140 hps vs. 70 dps.

Math and common sense alone will tell you that whenever in doubt, heal. It is simply more value out of every single of one her skills. If you play Moira with a heavy dps bias you are simply not getting as much out of her as you could, and are probably better off playing a dps while letting someone else heal.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention the linger hot that her heal leaves behind, giving even more value to her left click.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Not to mention the linger hot that her heal leaves behind, giving even more value to her left click.
    Lots o' folks forget about that, and run out o' healin' juice. Better to pulse the heals then just let them flow at full stream.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Everytime I see a dps Moira I laugh and switch to Dva, then I gobble up her purple orbs like pac man power pellets all game long. Without that purple orb she is a EXTRA shit dps and since she is dpsing instead of healing she obviously still won't be healing because she is just plain bad at winning. My healer keeps me topped off and armor makes Moira a shit dps so we just ignore her until she is the only target worth nom nom eating for ult charge.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-03-29 at 03:28 AM.

Moira has quickly become my favorite hero to heal with, with me topping healing out with her around 15-17k per match easily, assuming we aren't getting stomped. Too often when I see others play her, I see them try to use her as a flank and/or dps hero rather than primarily healing. The damage orb I use sparingly only when I need to punish a flanker who is already tapped or someone trying to back up to their team and is low. The heal orb does 50% more healing than the orb does damage, so it's much more important to keep around and use tactically to heal groups of teammates. I always out-heal any other support in the group.
    Waste not, want not.

Moira seems like a hero that is most easily able to help carry a bad team. The fact that she can heal like crazy but also be able to get golds across the board in DPS. I dunno, every time we're losing I switch to Moira and seems like generally we end up winning.

Brigette seems fun but I really dislike that in order to heal I need to be whacking shit. And it seems entirely dependent on your teammates going in melee with you and not being all over the place. While with Moira, I'm less dependent on my team to dominate.