Poll: Distinct or more neutral faces between males and females for Worgen?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Technically incorrect...

It's not really a curse (hell I'd call it a boon at this point, since they have it under their own control and it gives them superhuman strength and reflexes). It's a half finished druid transformation into a wolf form, that is why there is still sexual dimorphism, because the Worgen form is still retaining much of their natural body.

Should be covered by customization options, IMO, because they aren't "savages", anymore... They are entirely in control of themselves, they have their human minds... One would think most of them would, you know... act human. Each player should be able to choose whether they want their Worgen to be more civilized or more savage.
    Yes and no. It isn't a half finished transformation, its a half mutated one. The original druids of the pack did have a functional wolf form that worked fine for the most part but it often caused them to lose themself to rage when adopting it. They then tried to fix said problem and ended up screwing it all up, not only mutating their wolf form but also making the rage uncontrollable at all times.

Therefore, my point is that since the first Worgen were originally druids in wolf form (of which there is no sexual differences akin to humanoids) they aren't likely to have them as Worgen either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    Yes and no. It isn't a half finished transformation, its a half mutated one. The original druids of the pack did have a functional wolf form that worked fine for the most part but it often caused them to lose themself to rage when adopting it. They then tried to fix said problem and ended up screwing it all up, not only mutating their wolf form but also making the rage uncontrollable at all times.

Therefore, my point is that since the first Worgen were originally druids in wolf form (of which there is no sexual differences akin to humanoids) they aren't likely to have them as Worgen either.
    Yes, and the point of that mutation, the "fix", was so they retain more of their original self to avoid losing themselves to the transformation, hence, it is not a complete transformation, which is why it retains much of their natural body features.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trailer still for anyone who's too lazy to watch that whole thing.

And personally, yes I'd like them to look more like that. I'd be happy with anything but the chihauhuah face, though.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Yes, and the point of that mutation, the "fix", was so they retain more of their original self to avoid losing themselves to the transformation, hence, it is not a complete transformation, which is why it retains much of their natural body features.
    Got a source for that? My comic heavily suggests they never planned to adopt the half humanoid form, the scythe simply didn't work as they expected "cursing" them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    Got a source for that? My comic heavily suggests they never planned to adopt the half humanoid form, the scythe simply didn't work as they expected "cursing" them.
    It's what they were trying to do... They were trying to fix it, as you said. They definitely screwed up, and it didn't work out the way they intended at all, but that's how it ended up, a half done transformation.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

You know what? I really like the original Worgen art design from Vanilla. While less detailed, it was better and cooler looking than what we have now. It's what people actually wanted when they said they wanted Worgen. They even photoshopped some images up for it. I fully understand why people complained at some of the original design. Fierce and feral was the point of the Worgen when they asked for them. They had nothing else going for them.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I can understand that people wanted this dude.

They have to be distinctly male or female.
    They DON'T have to look like chihuahuas.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    They have to be distinctly male or female.
    They DON'T have to look like chihuahuas.
    And no one ever asked for that. I was there in those days, and I only had one request in mind for Worgen. Make it look like a vicious feral beast. I genuinely don't understand any of the design decisions that went into making the Worgen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    And no one ever asked for that. I was there in those days, and I only had one request in mind for Worgen. Make it look like a vicious feral beast. I genuinely don't understand any of the design decisions that went into making the Worgen.
    You can't really say nobody because you don't know that, most races to have to look distinctly male and female. I don't know about how female Worgen ended up(Perma grin) but still.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I kinda prefer the Hearthstone one, yeah.

She's clearly a wolf, yes, without the needless chihuahuaification. But she's also STILL GOT HER HUMAN HAIR. Which feminizes her very effectively.

I would prefer that to chihuaha.
    Also, just imagine if they also replaced the ingame voice-overs for the Worgen, The singing made me want this

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You can't really say nobody because you don't know that, most races to have to look distinctly male and female. I don't know about how female Worgen ended up(Perma grin) but still.
    I'm saying no one asked for chihuahuas. I honestly don't like any of the official female Worgen designs. The posture is too elegant and noble. The whole design is too refined.

I just want a vicious fucking monster. Male or female. Of course there'll be some visual cues separating the two, but the idea of vicious monster should remain consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreiOptyck View Post
    The trailer is pretty weak.
    The trailer should have stopped at the end of the animation.
    The Blair witch project analogy didn't work out very well.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-03-14 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I think people complained it was too feminine
    I was there at the time. I know exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately, I came to realize that was impossible. I'm not sure Blizzard ever really understands what it is people want.

When I saw the models they originally came up with, and the ones they ended up going with, I got the impression that they didn't understand the original visual appeal of the Worgen that made them popular. The male's animations feel clumsy and awkward, they're weirdly top heavy, and they used to have smiling doggo faces in their first design.

If you look at the original Worgen model, as low quality as it is, it has certain distinct traits. There's a very sleek and lean look to them. Very bestial and hungry looking. These are what they should have focused on from the beginning. Not "how do we make a cool new wolf people race?" but "How do we take this cool wolf people race we already have and give it player quality animations, models, and customization options?".

Unpopular opinion but I really dislike the scrapped alpha female models. I don't like the feminine, stylized hairstyles. I don't like their emotionless faces. Now, granted, the female models that went live have a lot of problems, but I wouldn't like for them to return to their alpha vision. I have faith in Blizzard art team to give us an amazing revamp to the model. And my destro lock female worgen can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    What was wrong with the female alpha worgen model that got it changed to how it is now? I don't remember.
    Too many of the devs started to become furries it looked so good. They couldn't be responsible for turning the majority of their playerbase into furries so they opted to make it so ugly no one would like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    What was wrong with the female alpha worgen model that got it changed to how it is now? I don't remember.
    Nothing too much really. Blizz just upped and changed it with no reasons given, no fucks cared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Nothing too much really. Blizz just upped and changed it with no reasons given, no fucks cared.
    Honestly, they had already gotten so far with it that they weren't going to be able to change it to what the people who wanted more monstrous Worgen would like. And even then, the retarded chihuahua face isn't more bestial than the wold face, it's less. Even if the hairstyles were too human, the face was still properly beastly.

I'm always going to be dissatisfied since I actually was a fan of the Worgen before they became playable, and they simply didn't design the Worgen for the people who already liked them and what their aesthetics used to be. But even then, they should have at least satisfied someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno why you are comparing WoW models with Hearthstone cartoon models

Things could backfire...

Male worgen have somewhat of an update we can look at with Genn. That artwork for the female worgen looks rad but we'd have to see an in-game model. Like people have said hearthstone winds up looking a lot stylistically different from WoW.

Just looking up "female worgen" it's almost entirely "here are concept arts for better female worgen blizzard" or "look at how derpy the female worgen model is blizzard"

But considering the makeover female tauren got I have confidence they can make it work.

This one's not too bad. A little more wolfy, shaggier.

whereas this one tries to lean towards the more feminine angle. Also promising.

But regardless of the approach everyone universally agrees something must be done.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-03-14 at 03:28 AM.