Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Did my prot pally at 948 with all leggos to choose from but i did guardian druid first week at 908 with luffa which tool 109 tries.
    Mage lock boomy spriest all done above 950 no challenge. Havent done any healer yet

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Probably fought Kruul about thirty times on my Guardian druid before I downed him. Decided to try my Protection paladin immediately after just for kicks and nailed it in three tries. Though the fight tuning was different, and I had to make use of different abilities to survive the encounter, I think I had it all down to muscle memory by the time I gave the paladin version a try.

Would like to see how warrior, monk, and DK compare, but I don't have any of them at 110, let alone geared.

The easiest one is probably Shadow. Idek what the hardest one is yet
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    dont the infernals knock u back? how is he standing on top of them for so long with nothing happening

Prot warrior was hard but it was my first one and I had the least gear compared to the other tank challenges. I found BrM the next hardest tank as you have no consistent self heals to deal with the incoming damage. I used orbs as soon as they spawned on that one.

Arcane Mage was really hard for me. I liked the frost and fire challenges but I never play arcane.

Frost DK wasn’t terrible but it took me quite a while to get phase 1 correct.

Holy priest took me ages to nail down a good phase 1 + a good 2nd to last phase healing the adds.

I still have 3 more healers to knock out and then level a hunter, rogue and lock before I’ve seen them all.

Good content though, keeps me occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    dont the infernals knock u back? how is he standing on top of them for so long with nothing happening
    Infernals telegraph the knockback, they have a lane visual that shows up before the knockback occurs, just sidestep it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral Druid

Unlimited TF, AoE that deletes the adds, high movement speed, easy add CC, constant heals + HoTs, can maintain high boss DPS while focusing on adds due to the nature of Feral Bleeds

Woo boy, I don't even know how it'd be possible. A true testament of mastery over a class.

Honestly I really hate the one Archmage Xylem's challenge. I've done it 3 times and most of the others at least twice, I just really hate that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Every fucking healing challenge.

Fuck that hag, fuck that girl, fuck Jarod and the whole Blackrook along with it.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

I've completed around 10 of them and so far the healing ones feel the hardest or I just suck at healing

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Was pretty easy for my resto druid. I think it may have been the trinket I was using, which I think was actually the versatility tank trinket that applies a shield to party members. Just happened to equip it as a goof and the NPCs seemed like they didn't drop as suddenly as they usually did. I spent most of the time casting dots and solar wrath. Did it in 3 attempts.
    I could see that being useful especially at the end, so you don't have to focus the members as much and can just focus on the add waves going in.

I still haven't tried druid yet though except Feral's challenge, so I'll have to give that a shot at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Joy... My Pala is 934 ilvl, and has a pretty shit legendary. It's also the next character I'm focusing on for 3/3 Mage tower appearances... -_-
    Have fun!
    For some reason, the phase when you have to heal up the adds walking towards the boss, I just couldn't heal them up fast enough to end it without getting any mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    I'm working on the healing challenge on my holy priest. The second to last wave and last wave gave me problems, but I finally got past them. I cannot get all adds healed up and keep party topped though on last phase, I go completely OOM at like 6th add healed with party at like 10% hp each. Plus mending always seems to bounce straight to me first bounce.

MW monk I can't even get past last 2 waves, but no healing trinkets / legos on that toon.
    I think what I did for holy was apotheosis and hymn, I actually had less issues with that phase on my holy priest than on my resto druid even though the druid had better gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Feral Druid

Unlimited TF, AoE that deletes the adds, high movement speed, easy add CC, constant heals + HoTs, can maintain high boss DPS while focusing on adds due to the nature of Feral Bleeds

Woo boy, I don't even know how it'd be possible. A true testament of mastery over a class.
    I am sensing some sarcasm here.

In my experience it's hard to assess the difficulty unless you approach them all with the exact same ilevel and similarly appropriate legendaries. The challenges also become a lot easier once you've done them on other classes and know what to expect. Doing the Protection Warrior one for the first time at ilevel 930 took me around ten tries, but despite only being around 10 ilevels higher I managed the Protection Paladin version on my first attempt since I knew exactly what to do that time. The Affliction Warlock challenge is really silly without the ring that makes Corruption slow enemies, because you're expected to do a kiting challenge despite having no slows or snares. Outlaw Rogue was tough because of very high tuning on the challenge, but could still be overpowered with consumable buffs.

Personally though I find the healer challenges the biggest pain in the butt, not because of their mechanics but because of their length. Rather than a single boss you have to tackle a whole scenario, and messing it up means doing the entire thing over again. There's nothing I dislike more than time wasting challenges like that, so I've only given them a handful of attempts.

15+ Year Old Account
    I’m getting close to all specs complete now. I finished today with 27/36 done and I’d say prot paldin and outlaw rogue stood out as 2 of the tougher ones compared to other specs doing those same two challenges, but in general, I’d say the healing challenge feels the toughest of the 7. Tugar is by far the easiest.

I haven't tried any of them yet and thought about trying it on my ret pally since it's my highest ilvl at 932.

Only did Kruul, Xylem and Feltotem.

Kruul pre-nerf was by far the hardest challenge. Xylem is a close one.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Got all 36 done, hardest one was prot pally, surv hunter was also pretty shitty, all done with 910~920 alts without set pieces or "right" leggos, Still was getting 2 shotted by the first Boss, spell reflect on kruul helps a lot but it still a pain to manage
    Can play any flavor of the month ;P
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...furie/advanced

Outlaw rogue.

SV Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    I strongly disagree, personally did the prot paladin one after 3 tries, and i never tank, although outgearing it played a factor i`m sure.
    Hardest i`ve done personally was the ret pala one, but probably because i was only 885 at the time of doing it
    Thing about the tank challenges is it's not really a tank challenge at all, it's just a hard dps challenge. It has almost zero relevance to dungeon/raid tanking at all.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..