Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    * All classes should be reduced to two specs. Too many classes have "dead specs" and it's way too much to balance.
    * WotLK was the most fun WoW has been, because dungeons and raids were easy. This left time to socialize and made WoW approachable by a people who are just in it for fun.
    * The old Karazhan raid is the best raid Blizzard has made, with Zul'Gurub a close second.
    * The pinnacle of PvP in WoW was the all day long Alterec Valley battles that would never end.
    * Dump the void elves and lightforged draenai. All we wanted was high elves and eredar menari.

Overall class design has been on a downhill trajectory since at least MoP.

Wrath hunters were more fun to play than any version afterwards.

MoP dungeons were the worst this game has ever released.

The game doesn't need more classes, it actually needs fewer, with each having a larger pool of potential specs to choose from (ie, common damage classes like warriors, hunters, rogues can all draw 3 from all the relevant specializations, same for warlocks / death knights / shadow priests / demon hunters, etc)

Silvermoon should be properly built with fly-ability, and all capital cities should have the same basic portal systems and vendors so players can home-base where they actually want to, rather than what an expansion may dictate.

Dungeons are far far too simple and brief to get through. Each expac should have a mix of short bursts, and then others that are complex and may take hours to complete. Blackrock would be a good example to draw from, and the newer Khara was good until they split it into wings. More of that.

Grinds are beneficial, and needed for longer term player retention.

Leveling is, and has always been, way too fast.

The game's death penalty could use a revamp, to put a bit more risk into the game.

Players get WAY too powerful over the course of an expansion. Fighting and defeating world-enders makes threats become non-existent, which leads to boredom.

• LFR is actually the best thing to happen to raiding in 10 years. Pulling more players into "raiding" and forcing Blizz to put resources into raid environments/encounters.
    • Mission Tables were the best additions from WoD and need to stay for all future updates.
    • WoD wasn't terrible. It provided me with time to level every class on both alliance and horde to 100 and actually experience specs I hadn't played before.
    • Classic will maintain a player population for about a year. It will maintain a raid population sufficient for 40 mans for 6 months (probably 3 if they don't stagger the raids).
    • BfA presents an interesting concept that has been tossed around for decades but poorly handled since WC2. Hopefully we get sufficient faction war focus and the conflict doesn't get written off as "N'zoth corrupted us".
    • Pandas are fine and MoP had some of the most interesting themes of any expansion.
    • Mass PvP activities like Ashran are fun (although Holinka apparently intends to ruin them by changing the design every few weeks).

I hate the new talent system and think it plays a large roll in why classes have been ruined.

5+ Year Old Account
    -khadgar is the worst character in wow.
    -i like tyrande
    -neutral content is horrible when we got a 2 faction game and then we are going to have a xpac based on faction conflict.
    -sylvanas and jaina are the most realistic and well written characters.
    -argus was trash and the legion defeat even more.
    -tirion is overrated.
    -uther is thrash
    -varian is overrated
    -garrosh was justified,until 5.3.
    -i liked wod.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbc was bad
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that all expansions should have flying unlocked for max level players in all major world zones on release for a fair gold cost.

I also believe that if the development team was able to develop zones like Icecrown/Storm Peaks ten years ago with great stories, plenty of verticality and mixed usage for both endgame and leveling, then the problem is the current development team and not any perceived difficulty in designing zones on a 3D plane.

Lastly, I don't buy into the idea that having your journey from Point A to Point B artificially slowed down by a need to wade through a sea of non-threatening mobs with an annoying time-to-kill adds any challenge, immersion or enjoyment to the game.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

-MoP was fun, but the gated content was absolutely atrocious
    -Gnomes Paladins should become a thing
    -I'm glad Illidan, for the most part, is gone
    -We need less Khadgar
    -Legion story was good
    -BC to WotLK was probably the best damn thing in WoW
    -I think WoW should borrow a bit from FFXIV in terms of animations
    -PvP shouldn't be about dumping all your CDs to kill one person
    -WoD was a mistake
    -Can we not have followers anymore please?
    -Veterans of the game should be eligible for a beta key
    -Blizzard should ignore folks begging and begging for classic vanilla
    -Demonology should've kept Meta
    -Fistweaving wasn't broken and shouldn't have been nerfed
    -SV is better as a melee spec
    -All classes should be unique and be able to bring their own buffs, utility, and be a welcome addition to the party or raid.
    -Death Knights were better when Blood was mostly a DPS spec. RIP Hysteria.
    -Life Grip needs to go

Leveling is one of the most fun parts of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    -WoD was a mistake
    unpopular opinions.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    unpopular opinions.
    Fair point.

-Almost everything Jaina has does/not done is contradictory to the character Blizzard tries to present her as, and as such she is horridly flawed and uninteresting

-The biggest disappointment in WoW is Blizzard failing to represent the detail of things that happen (i.e. Garrosh's expansion plan being pretty well thoughtout and justified for benefit of the Horde, instead it was just HE MAD HE BAD RARR with the occasional spurt of character growth ala Stonetalon finale or more recently, the alliance striking first in the conflict building towards BfA)

-The Alliance has been stripped of any interesting characters, most recently Anduin becoming some generic pretty boy who's suddenly overpowered

-The Warchief position should change often, with a new elected leader being chosen based on who would be the most effective against certain threats (i.e. Sylvanas for working around/outsmarting the legion, Baine's tenacity for showing up old god corruption) to better demonstrate the differences between the horde working together and the alliance following their leader blindly)

-Fighting any Big Bad is boring and unrewarding and Blizzard's story telling is at its best during small character arcs which crop up during war stories, and because of that I'm looking forward to BfA

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Unpopular WoW opinion?
    1. cataclysm was rather good until they nerfed the dungeons into dust + dragonsoul was bad > everything else was great
    2. MoP was even more shit then WoD was and not because of Panda's. I liked those. But the whole theme, dailies, annoying troll dungeons
    3. I hate trolls and their dungeons/raids
    MOP never had a troll dungeon. Cata which you praised had 2 and a patch dedicated to troll stuff. MOP had 1 boss in MSV and 1/4 of ToT (With parts of Isle of Thunder)

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Pathfinder System.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

5+ Year Old Account
    • I rather like the legion legendary system
    • I also like the titan forging system
    • The new levelling system is great.
    • I'm going to miss my artefact weapons
    • I'm going to miss the class halls
    • Wrath is over-rated
    • Classic servers are a stupid idea

Go ahead, lynch me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niter View Post
    - Blizzard destroyed class customisation. I much prefer the older talent system than what we currently have.
    Not a lot of quoting going on in this thread but this reminds me of a couple of other things:

- "Bring the Player, Not the Class" and the downstream effects of that thinking over the years has very nearly destroyed the game.

- Theorycrafting to the nth level of detail is pointless and leads the developers to abandon the creative impulse and replace that with engineering. Developer engagement with theorycrafters is a net minus overall.

- The game was much better when more thought went into creative content and less attention was paid to engineering classes to a fare-thee-well.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

-I really enjoy the way they did flying in WoD and Legion and hope they continue going the pathfinder route.

-I hope SV hunter stays melee

-I loved the incredibly long dungeons of old (blackrock depths, sunken temple, scholomance) even though they were a massive time sink.

-I like 7.3.5 leveling
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

WoW is dying.

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope, I understand the topic right, since english is not my native language.

- Classic servers are a bad idea
    - Allied races make no sense to me (maybe with BfA something will help me understand)
    - I like mission tables
    - Housing should be implemented
    - RNG is not my friend

Deleted
    - I want SV hunter to stay melee
    - I hate BrM's New-ish brew mechanic
    - Sylvanas needs to be benched (though death isn't necessary)
    - Garrosh was a missed opportunity, he would have made a fantastic nr. 2 for the Horde
    - Jaina might be going the right way again
    - BfA looks fantastic, with great stories but the overall narrative and reasoning for it is horrid (I like the parts, not the whole)
    - Cata was needed and I love the redesign
    - MoP was the best expansion to date
    - Legion was great at the start, even better than MoP, but fell pretty hard afterwards where as MoP just kept getting better (until SoO)
    - TBC was boring and WotLK only a little less so
    - Garrisons were OK, the issue was the lack of anything else and the very short missions
    - WoD's raids were great