Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Yeah no, I remember the only thing being that leveling was boring and felt unrewarding. The exact same problems are still here.

Also players still learn nothing while leveling because a good 40% of your abilities/passives/etc are unlocked 100-110 via Artifact, and a lot of your important shit (like 60-70%) is level 60+ anyways. For most of your leveling, you're spamming 1-2 buttons.
    I don't like the slowness of the leveling, but what you're saying simply isn't true. In fact, most every class has everything unlocked before level 80 except 2 talents. Level 78-80 is typically just 'mastery' gained as a stat. Most every class has all their core abilities before level 50, please find the spec and name the ability you think is >50 besides a few talent selections. Also, 40% of your abilities/passives are from your artifact, really? Name one spec that gets more than a single on-use ability from their artifact. Most of the traits don't change anything about how you play they only increase damage dealt, reduce damage taken, or increase healing done and often in some niche manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    Just because they have taken a step towards making leveling a (slightly) more deliberate process it does not mean it is some insidious plot to make you and your kin purchase level boosts because it is "too much to handle" I mean they are even making heritage armor locked behind properly leveling a toon instead of just buying a boost which to me seems more like a deterrent than means to tempt you.
    What you see as a way to entice people not to buy boosts, others see as a carrot to get people to even bother with leveling allied races. Why nerf exp potions? Were they afraid a new person would accidentally use them? Why nerf the heirlooms instead of just applying an item adjustment to them in dungeons (this is something that they do on the beta/ptr all the time for other gear when testing). These nerfs only hurt the people who don't want to revisit the same old content over and over and now even slower! They even nerfed the boost work-around of buying a recruit a friend account to multibox level. Recruit a friend was a choice. If your friend wanted to level slow with them, then don't recruit them or they could have added a way to toggle it off pretty easily. Instead they're forcing the choice of slow leveling or buying a boost on those who have already, often repeatedly, experienced the old zones.
    Last edited by Lucavian; 2018-03-14 at 09:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    They did not chnage the leveling though. They took the exact same content and made it take more time. That was the only actual change.
    It's like - I hate this food, I'm going to eat more of it becuase... reasons.
    Wrong, they also scaled zone and quest.

Before it was like: "I love this food (quest) but they rot in 3 minutes and have to dump them" - And now is "I love this food (quest), thank god i can eat it before i have to dump it".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post

Before it was like: "I love this food (quest) but they rot in 3 minutes and have to dump them" - And now is "I love this food (quest), thank god i can eat it before i have to dump it".
    Problem is that people doesn't try the changes and just vomit their bias.

If people would try to level with Immersion and Dynamic Camera without the rush mentality that they hate in Blizzard but seems fine when they do it, it will be pretty different.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post

In order to make them take longer, yes.

To not come off as greedy as heck while still being just that? Again, it's a reward that most people have no intrest in, a reward that actually gives you nothing as it's an armor that does litteraly nothing.
    Aesthetics matter. Looks matter.

If they didn't, you'd still be playing on the minimum graphical settings. You'd still think Pong is the perfect game.

Whether you like it or not, a big part of any online gaming experience is standing out among your peers. Through performance, personality, and yes, through your character's looks.

Let me put it a different way: if the way your character looks didn't matter, Overwatch wouldn't have made billions of dollars selling randomised character appearances.

Deleted
    In the end 7.3.5 changes aren't perfect but are way far from the false feedback some people are bringing here.

There are a lot of things that imho would make the levelling experience better

First of all : UNLOCK MASTERY from lvl 1.

I can't believe it is still gated at 78, when there are mastery that are vital for some specs.

Deleted
    In order to make them take longer, yes.
    [Evidence Needed]

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    What you see as a way to entice people not to buy boosts, others see as a carrot to get people to even bother with leveling allied races. Why nerf exp potions? Were they afraid a new person would accidentally use them? Why nerf the heirlooms instead of just applying an item adjustment to them in dungeons (this is something that they do on the beta/ptr all the time for other gear when testing). These nerfs only hurt the people who don't want to revisit the same old content over and over and now even slower! They even nerfed the boost work-around of buying a recruit a friend account to multibox level. Recruit a friend was a choice. If your friend wanted to level slow with them, then don't recruit them or they could have added a way to toggle it off pretty easily. Instead they're forcing the choice of slow leveling or buying a boost on those who have already, often repeatedly, experienced the old zones.
    It's simple, really. The levelling changes are a win-win for Blizzard.

Either the player making a new race doesn't care about the armor and doesn't want to level, so they buy a boost... or the player really wants that armor and doesn't wanna pay the price of a full game to hit level cap, so they level the old fashioned way - and pay for an extra month's subscription time while doing it.

Either way, Blizzard makes some extra money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    Aesthetics matter. Looks matter.

If they didn't, you'd still be playing on the minimum graphical settings. You'd still think Pong is the perfect game.

Whether you like it or not, a big part of any online gaming experience is standing out among your peers. Through performance, personality, and yes, through your character's looks.

Let me put it a different way: if the way your character looks didn't matter, Overwatch wouldn't have made billions of dollars selling randomised character appearances.
    Sure but you also get armor that looks pretty much the same in game without suffering the horror that is the current leveling system. Blizzard knows this very well. But the leveling armor makes them look a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    [Evidence Needed]
    The amount of total experience needed to go from 1 to 110 increased by about 60%.

Deleted
    Please point out the same Void Elf heritage armor replica

The Zandalari one and the Highmountain too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    Lazy, perhaps some, but realistically I'm not wanting to invest the time. I'd rather be spending my time on a max leveled toon to do end game content. I've been here since 2005. I know the game, I'm confident enough I know how to play, even being able to learn a new class etc.

Making the mobs hit harder and have more health is fine. But slowing down the experience is the real problem.
    Im asuming you have one, so whats the problem. Go and play your max level character noone is stopping you. Oh i get it, you want more characters but you dont want to put the work to get them. LAZY.

And btw i dont think you should have the option to buy a boost either. You should be forced to earn things thesame way others have, doesnt matter what you want. You are like a kid in a candy shop without any inhibitions willing to eat the entire jar of candy at once. You want the reward without spending any work or time to get it, i essence you want the badge for free, at the same time you are making it meaningless because its value depends on how hard is it to get.

Not to mention humans only value whats hard to achieve, the chase IS better than the catch. Its even proven by our basic neurobiology. If we go for somethign we feel happy seeing progress made, when we reach the goal we are instantly sated and not happy, just bored. So if youd prefer to have everything handed to you rather than work for it, go ahead and imagine you have all of it at all times done, theres nothing left for you to do in the game you made every achievement every world first every character of every level and every look and build you can ever wish for. Will you continue playing? ...NO

You will cry that theres nothing to do in the game and that you are bored and then youl quit. Is that what you want? To quit the game? Because thats what you want to get closer too by leveling faster. And please dont tell me bullshit about "i dont have time to do X" wow is a voluntary TIME SPENDER, when you say such things you sound like a child... If there are more pressign matter to attend to then what are you doing playing video games? Go do them.

Deleted
    The amount of total experience needed to go from 1 to 110 increased by about 60%.
    Eh no.

1-60 has been increase.

Also scaling make all the quest in the same zone giving more experience overall since they don't grey out but give always the max experience

Sure but you also get armor that looks pretty much the same in game without suffering the horror that is the current leveling system. Blizzard knows this very well. But the leveling armor makes them look a bit better.
    I'm not too sure about the Highmountain and Nightfallen armor sets, but the Lightforged and especially the Void Elf sets look nothing like anything that's available in-game.

The only similarity the Lightforged set has to the Argus plate is that there's some glowy bits on the shoulders, but even those are immediately distinct from each other.

Deleted
    Should be about 100%

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    Eh no.

1-60 has been increase.

Also scaling make all the quest in the same zone giving more experience overall since they don't grey out but give always the max experience
    Did you honestly stick around in the lower-level areas after the quests had become grey? No, you sure as chips didn't. You left that zone and went to the next, to continue doing quests that were your level.

So no, that argument doesn't fly. Unless you were just terrible at planning.

Deleted
    Aggro please point out which set are basically the cheap version of heritage armor or edit your false post please.

I dont get the people sometimes. It took me just a little over 1 week to level up my character from 1 to 110 in 7.3.5.
    It's still nowhere as slow as it used to be to level up pre-cataclysm.

Only difference now is you don't run around and literally one shot every mob. You dont mass tag 7-8 mobs to melt em all down within very few seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    As the title states, I fully believe they made the leveling system in 7.3.5 overtuned (longer/slower) to entice players to buy 110 boosts.

Don't get me wrong, I believe they needed to fix some leveling/dungeons issues with it being too easy but even with heirlooms, leveling is just dreadful now in my eyes.

I've made a few new allied toons and just going from 20-30 seems like forever. And now with BfA coming in a few months, there's 10 more levels on top of that.

No thanks.
    You are months late. Also, 10 to 60 is a joke. 60-80 is certainly one of the rougher periods due to aged quests.

I'm not too sure about the Highmountain and Nightfallen armor sets, but the Lightforged and especially the Void Elf sets look nothing like anything that's available in-game.

The only similarity the Lightforged set has to the Argus plate is that there's some glowy bits on the shoulders, but even those are immediately distinct from each other.
    It looks just like the random armor you get from Argus tokens, the NB one drops from Nighthold and I'm not even sure how the tauren one looks but some sticks and stuff, I'm sure you can find that somewhere.
    In any case, it's a poor reward for a system that was just made worse for the sake of making it worse.