View Poll Results: How should gold be bought in Classic?

Voters
33. This poll is closed
  • Through Blizzard and the WoW token

17 51.52%
  • Through 3rd party gold farming sites

16 48.48%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How should gold be bought in Classic?

A follow-up to a previous thread. Which of the two options do you prefer?

This is clearly a leading question.

Mods.
    MW | BW

10+ Year Old Account
    By chinese gold farmers, as it used to be in vanilla.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Do you think the Chinese gold farmers are all nostalgic for classic too?

Maybe they have their own forums, torn by debates between those who think Blizzard should make gold farming easier and those who think gold farming should be just as it used to be in classic.

But I think gold shouldn't be able to be bought in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    This. Complete with the higher chance of getting your account hacked or banned.

I also think classic accounts shouldn't get authenticator protection. That was a Wrath era thing. You asked for vanilla, you get vanilla.

For the proper classic experience there shouldn't be a wow token. Let the chinese gold farmers rejoice.

Quote Originally Posted by Exac View Post
    This is clearly a leading question.

Mods.
    How so? There are two ways for gold to be bought, the way it used to be in vanilla or the way it is now. I'm sure everyone has their preferred choice, I in no way implied which one was the "correct" choice, at least I hope I didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither should happen and I support neither but if it does or "will" then it should be left to 3rd party gold sellers as it was THEN in Classic WoW, Better to have gold selling be hidden, unreliable, risky, unsafe and less common then to have it openly promoted, encouraged, completely without any risk and in much greater frequency at a great cost to the gameplay, game and economy.

WoW Tokens have a place in WoW:Legion or WoW:Battle for Azeroth however they have no place in WoW:Classic, Blizzard should avoid adding it into Classic at all costs.
    It'll ruin the economy by increased inflation(prices of goods/services) through creating massive concentration of wealth among players whom aren't likely going to contribute in any meaningful way to the economy since the majority are players whom are short of time and aren't willing to work/farm for gold/items/materials and instead just buy everything.
    It'll also reward players whom straight up are honestly lazy or don't want to play the game, Classic WoW was so much about the journey, adventure and satisfaction of achieving goals by expending time,gold or effort and being able to just skip most of that "in the middle" or journey goes directly against the spirit of Classic WoW and must not be promoted in Classic WoW no matter the cost.
    Last edited by Zaeyla; 2018-03-14 at 10:40 AM.

Gold should not be bought. But of course there will be a huge offer from the third party sites. There's no way in hell Blizzard will add the token to classic, so you can forget about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Gold should not be bought. But of course there will be a huge offer from the third party sites. There's no way in hell Blizzard will add the token to classic, so you can forget about that.
    well one of the reasons they did it for live is to fight gold sellers

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Actually, if enough people want to pay for it, I'm sure they will.
    Should they? No.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    3rd option. Gold should not be bought

Also, how many vanilla gold buying threads are you going to create? Is this your goal for vanilla, to buy/sell gold? Are you a chinese farmer?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    How so? There are two ways for gold to be bought, the way it used to be in vanilla or the way it is now. I'm sure everyone has their preferred choice, I in no way implied which one was the "correct" choice, at least I hope I didn't.
    Yes you are implying that one of the answers is the correct one, as only one answer is not against the ToS.

"Should we play the game as intended or allow people to cheat all they want?"

If you wanted an opinion on the implementation of the wow token in classic you could have asked:

"Should it be possible to buy gold with the wow token in classic?"

none of the above?

How many threads on this topic must you really create?

Holy hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course the answer should be, not at all.

The use of token to pay for subscription should be running through the current content client as I almost expect them to be connected with that. As well, your poll is flawed, and should contain a 'Shouldn't be allowed'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Tyrs Hand as you did in Vanilla.

Blizzard can just make a token. Who cares honestly?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Question is: If Gold cannot be bought from Blizzard via Tokens - will we see the rise of the gold selling sites again?
    People are gullible and don't know what's good for them. There will certainly be players willing to pay 3rd parties if blizz don't implement tokens to buy and sell in Classic.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.