Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No gameplay improvements should be placed in Classic except fixing obvious bugs like game crashing, wall bugs etc.

If you would start to go this road, you will end up with very different game.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Im just curious. Why does it bother you so much if I get a transmog from classic on my retail toon.
    It doesn't. It has absolutely nothing to do with you or your toon.

What does bother me is that if I want a specific mog/mount/title/achievement/pet/toy etc, that I have to feel obliged to go play Classic to get it. Classic should never feel like a mandatory part of WoW-proper.

PS: I'd have no problem with being able to transfer a toon from Classic to WoW-proper, complete with Mogs/mounts etc, provided that it filtered out any items no longer obtainable.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2018-03-13 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    The only thing I want from Classic Realms is the ability to copy my character over from there to live servers with all its gear intact. I wanna have a way to get all my tier 3 sets without having to hope and pray the BMAH has them.
    I do not think this will ever happen. My guess is - there will be zero connection between Live and Classic.

It would not make any sense to re-introduce Tier 3 and other legacy stuff into Live version of the game.
    Also it would add another level of complexity into this already complex task.

I thought everybody wanted the Classic brought back? People say they need to have this or will this be in there sad truth is no nothing except mounts taking space up in your bags. Keys in your bags feeding your pets making sure they stay happy or they will leave or even having to be attuned to do some dungeons. This is or will be Classic not Classic 2.0

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Imo
    Achievements are fluff Classic will be fine without... It doesn't help and do anything other than change how people play the game and interact with it.
    On the other hand LFD would be more helpful and I fail to see how that changes how people interact with each other. Jerks will be jerks - ninjas will ninja.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If Blizz can get people to continue playing Classic whilst bitching and moaning about how terrible it is and demanding changes, wouldn't that just bring it a bit closer to the authentic Vanilla experience?
    Haha, touche - I suppose that would bring back an extra level of authenticity!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    instead they gonnna check your armory and still wont get invinted
    Armory doesn't exist in classic though :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    Armory doesn't exist in classic though :-)
    who says blizz wont give you one, everyone loves to show off their char
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    You wanted classic... but now you don't?

Or: "You think you do, but you don't."
    Maybe that dude actually knew more than people would like to admit all along

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazik View Post
    I do not think this will ever happen. My guess is - there will be zero connection between Live and Classic.

It would not make any sense to re-introduce Tier 3 and other legacy stuff into Live version of the game.
    Also it would add another level of complexity into this already complex task.
    character transfer revenue should be part of your equation. It certainly will figure into blizzard's thinking.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    who says blizz wont give you one, everyone loves to show off their char
    I don't think the classic API supports that information. Not only achievements (added in WotLK), but also kill count statistics.
    So there would be some serious changes made there by Blizzard for that to happen.
    It's anyone's guess what Blizzard is going to change to the old engine really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the classic API supports that information. Not only achievements (added in WotLK), but also kill count statistics.
    So there would be some serious changes made there by Blizzard for that to happen.
    It's anyone's guess what Blizzard is going to change to the old engine really.
    I think it is considered 'confirmed' that they are using the current engine for classic. all the things you mention, plus everything else that ever came after, is on the table for classic.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i doubt the acheives would pass over to retail.
    i do hope they allow you to pass over mogs, mounts, etc, this would be an AMAZING way for blizz to allow players to get things they couldent back then.
    Now this is an AMAZING idea. Having Classic mogs transfer over to Live in no way hinders or changes the 'vanilla experience'. And people on live can't say they feel "forced" to play Classic beause it's purely cosmetic. I love this idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    I think it is considered 'confirmed' that they are using the current engine for classic. all the things you mention, plus everything else that ever came after, is on the table for classic.
    uhh no it isnt, where did you get that info?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Now this is an AMAZING idea. Having Classic mogs transfer over to Live in no way hinders or changes the 'vanilla experience'. And people on live can't say they feel "forced" to play Classic beause it's purely cosmetic. I love this idea.
    it promotes behavior that is crap. mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    it promotes behavior that is crap. mark my words.
    Howso?

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Howso?

/10char
    people more concerned with getting achievements and transmogs than they are with the actual community and raid they are in. and people would feel forced despite what the poster said. t3 gear is highly sought after to the tune of millions of gold for a piece or two on the bmah. you think people wouldnt get in just for the tier? it would be a trainwreck.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    people more concerned with getting achievements and transmogs than they are with the actual community and raid they are in. and people would feel forced despite what the poster said. t3 gear is highly sought after to the tune of millions of gold for a piece or two on the bmah. you think people wouldnt get in just for the tier? it would be a trainwreck.
    I have the strong feeling that Blizz doesn't care a iota about its customers' experience as long as they can milk a few thousand extra subs from the retail fanbois, even if it means to backstab the game's integrity and send it to the GY over and over. Only disasters like Cata or WoD can prompt them to change their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I have the strong feeling that Blizz doesn't care a iota about its customers' experience as long as they can milk a few thousand extra subs from the retail fanbois, even if it means to backstab the game's integrity and send it to the GY over and over. Only disasters like Cata or WoD can prompt them to change their minds.
    i think they do in fact care. but the lure of money is strong. i dont know though they could actually be giving us fanservice with classic.

No thanks.

Let's not have the good-old link [C'Thun] for invite!
    It will just be link C'Thun logs......