Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Leveling is better but still rather dull, and scaling works out vastly different for different classes.

I am not going so far to claim they made this intentionally so to sell more boosts. That's actually, to put it bluntly, nonsense.

They simply suffer from the basic levelquest core design of the game, and so far never quite got it right anymore.

Everyone keeps saying Blizzard added heritage armor to entice people to level instead of paying for a boost. But what you also forgot, is that there are 13 other races still in this game where heritage armor doesn't exist - the normal races + Pandas.

There's no bonus to level them 1-110 (120 soon).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    You'd be blind not to see that. It surprises me that Blizzard can even cash in on these boosts, if I were them I'd go even further.
    Further like taking economy class to understand how business work and stop giving credit to tinfoil-tier conspiracy on mmo c? yeah you should

Deleted
    I don't really agree that it's as sinister as you let out.

In all honesty though, I agree something is a little wrong with the new system. I feel like if they're gonna' make the changes they did, they should also provide us with some more buttons to hit earlier on in the game.

Bosses at the early stages of levelling with 150k hp are pretty boring to kill with only 2 buttons to push.

Deleted
    as i notice no one understands the difference between challenging and time consuming let me give you an example. if you go and try to kill ragnaros in molten core with 60-70 lvl toon..this is challenging...now go with your lvl 80-90 naked toon and try to kill him..you sure will after 3-4 hours but he will never kill you no matter what...its ok now
    ? new leveling experience is a big f@%# failure

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    Everyone keeps saying Blizzard added heritage armor to entice people to level instead of paying for a boost. But what you also forgot, is that there are 13 other races still in this game where heritage armor doesn't exist - the normal races + Pandas.

There's no bonus to level them 1-110 (120 soon).

Because Heritage Armor is a Allied Race only? This is a new low on stupidity.

Nobody is holding Blizzard to decide to introduce Heritage Armor for the old races maybe even behind a chain quest that you have to complete with a -race- at max lvl?

Btw doesnt surprise me that OP of a shit thread going MIA for 95% of the thread after getting bashed and counter-fact on his fallacy and come out to write a dense worthless post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hellhammer85 View Post
    as i notice no one understands the difference between challenging and time consuming let me give you an example. if you go and try to kill ragnaros in molten core with 60-70 lvl toon..this is challenging...now go with your lvl 80-90 naked toon and try to kill him..you sure will after 3-4 hours but he will never kill you no matter what...its ok now
    ? new leveling experience is a big f@%# failure
    Hold on the #1 spot for "stupid post" is already taken by the OP

nobody is forcing you to pay for boost or level... let alone play the game.

get over your conspiracy theories and go finish your Math 9 homework.

Blizzard often listens to the very vocal minority. Bright side is less guildies leveling alts and trying to bring them into the occasional raid.

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    Because Heritage Armor is a Allied Race only? This is a new low on stupidity.

Nobody is holding Blizzard to decide to introduce Heritage Armor for the old races maybe even behind a chain quest that you have to complete with a -race- at max lvl?

Btw doesnt surprise me that OP of a shit thread going MIA for 95% of the thread after getting bashed and counter-fact on his fallacy and come out to write a dense worthless post.

- - - Updated - - -

Hold on the #1 spot for "stupid post" is already taken by the OP
    Lol ok. I guess I'm not allowed to sleep or have a job. Keep defending Blizzard and their choices to the end of this world.

Levelling is indeed longer I won't deny that.

But it's not as "sky is falling" as people are making it out to be so if you need to throw down £49 then that's on you. Nobody else.

Levelling is longer. But it's not THAT much longer. Took me an extra day or two at most.

I have not felt the need to purchase a boost whatsoever over a couple of extra days. Only boost I've done recently is the one that came with my BFA pre purchase.

Deleted
    Lol ok. I guess I'm not allowed to sleep or have a job. Keep defending Blizzard and their choices to the end of this world.
    "sure"

Also blasting bullshit isn't defending Blizzard since I have already stated that there are thing out of logic in 7.3.5 levelling.

But keep tinfoiling or business armchair

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    man STV and tanaris....the worst pain I ever endured.
    Tanaris on Vanilla... man, I would just walk away for days at a time, dreading leveling past that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Depends on the class you play.

Leveled a paladin, pretty much blazing through the zones and dungeons were fun.

Now I'm leveling a warlock and it's a pain in the ass, by the time I hit 60, my pally was entering Draenor. And it's not fun either, neither questing nor dungeons.

And then a WW monk joins your dungeon group and does twice the damage as the rest of the group.

So I can see why some people are getting frustrated by this change - like me, I liked it at first, but now that I'm leveling a not-so-optimal-class, it really makes me fucking drop it.
    Level as Destro with Fire and Brimstome. Dungeons are just so much fun because you just do double the damage of windwalkers xD

5+ Year Old Account
    Just learn to level
    1-60 just level normally in the new zones where you can level up to 60 like All Kalimdor
    6-70 go to the expansion that give you the most nostalgia and level up to 70 (in Outland i got 70 by just finishing Hellfire, Zangamarsh and Terrorkar)
    70-80 Boost on Karazhan...... its super easy in 2 hours i got 80
    80-90 again choose the Nostalgia trip (cataclysm or Pandaria)
    90-100 just endure the pain and buy exp pots
    100-110 piece of cake

As the title states, I fully believe they made the leveling system in 7.3.5 overtuned (longer/slower) to entice players to buy 110 boosts.

Don't get me wrong, I believe they needed to fix some leveling/dungeons issues with it being too easy but even with heirlooms, leveling is just dreadful now in my eyes.

I've made a few new allied toons and just going from 20-30 seems like forever. And now with BfA coming in a few months, there's 10 more levels on top of that.

No thanks.
    Well, if you BELIEVE so, then it must be true...

It's more a case of them finally listening to a decade's worth of feedback and attempting to if not fix, then at least mend the leveling experience. If someone's so bad at the game and lacks self control to such an extent that he can't get new characters without paying for a boost, then he's been a sucker since looooooooooooooooong before the leveling changes.

How much longer do you think it takes now, exactly? If you really think it's suddenly so long that you feel obligated to buy a boost, you must be the most impatient dude I've ever seen. There are still people doing it in a week's time, do you really think having to spend a week leveling, rather than a couple days is gonna be pushing tons of people to buy boosts?

How about they made it better to improve the leveling experience. I’m a player who enjoys alts and leveling. I hated outleveling zones before the story was over. Every time they would announce that they were reducing the experience needed to level in a previous expansion, I’d be upset. This fixes that issue and was one of the reasons I came back to WoW. Suddenly the content is relevant and I don’t one-shot everything. I realize I’m not every player, but there are a ton of people out there who consider leveling part of the game and not just a means to get to max level.

As the title states, I fully believe they made the leveling system in 7.3.5 overtuned (longer/slower) to entice players to buy 110 boosts.

Don't get me wrong, I believe they needed to fix some leveling/dungeons issues with it being too easy but even with heirlooms, leveling is just dreadful now in my eyes.

I've made a few new allied toons and just going from 20-30 seems like forever. And now with BfA coming in a few months, there's 10 more levels on top of that.

No thanks.
    And they made heritage armor only obtainable by not using character boost. So it counters out, get out of here with your butthurt conspiracy.

Also, salads are more expensive than a double cheese burger because the world wants you to get fat.

Deleted
    Blizzard made leveling faster and faster time and time again. It got so fast it became a disjointed mess. It made doing quests feel awful because you'd be doing more running than actual content, you'd drop half the content because you out leveled it, and boom you're back to running.

Hitting cap in less than 2 days is still substantially faster than it was pre-Cataclysm. I remember people selling guides to hit level 70 in like 12 days. I remember the first wave of xp nerfs where they made it faster (they reduced xp required to level, increased quest xp, and added a bunch of new quests), and it was a big QOL improvement. This is ultimately a QOL improvement; it's slower, but it's actual gameplay, it lets you experience the world.