Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by He-man View Post
    they will never do TBC onwards as their own servers. the main argument for classic is that the zones of classic have been replaced. its not really about the endgame its about the entire 1-60 thing.
    Yup I would agree. They regard classic as an entirely different product than expansions. This is evident when they were asked about classic timewalking and why there is none. It might happen but the fact that they are calling this classic and not legacy or something pretty much means they have no interest in it.

Bigger problem is if You actually want tbc you are pretty much proving all the problems with classic right. People who want classic should NOT want tbc and especially not wrath as all the things you say were great about classic don't exist after exp a sound come out.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

They will at least deploy TBC servers if they feel rehash vanilla is successful. Thats easy enough to predict. So lets dispense with the BS, Blizzard will do anything that makes them money if they feel its worth it. It will depend on whether rehash vanilla flops or somehow generates revenue.

Deleted
    Guys stop saying they will do TBC servers and WOTLK servers and this and that how silly are you... don't you realize you can already do TBC and WOTLK servers on live servers by simply going to http://www.wowhead.com/npc=35364/slahtz at that level and canceling your XP and have the full experience of that expansions endgame on live servers? if you honestly think they will remake a entire server and patch code for each expansion you must be crazy vanilla will be the ONLY classic server because they have not made any content since then go away! and probably never will! silly silly
    Eh no?

Talent trees and classes were completely different in Wrath. Woltk would be extremely easy for them to do.

A beastmaster hunter today played totally different than a beastmaster during Wotlk.

While they'd argue you can't really experience them as intended difficulty-wise, you can still experience them nonetheless. All of the vanilla dungeons, raids and questing zones were completely overhauled and replaced except a small handful like BWL and molten core. I think the only thing that's actually replaced from later expansions is Zul'aman, and the 5 man dungeon is basically exactly the same.

As far as later expansions I just hope they continue the timewalking and scaling trend. Timewalking Ulduar was a ton of fun, and the level scaling has helped make the timewalking dungeons a bit less faceroll.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-03-10 at 07:04 PM.

Deleted
    Wait and see untill people have played vanilla for a while and start having amazing ideas for small improvments that would make things better and we end up with tbc/wotlk ^^

so did many
    Slow clap nice.

TBC fixed everything wrong with Vanilla except for PvP.
    I hate how TBC took away the PvP titles, other than that, I think TBC was the epitomy of Wow.
    Wotlk started going downhill near the end, and Cata went all the way down.

Of course MOP and later Legion started to fix Wow but it's never going to be the same.
    I want to see TBC return.

Quote Originally Posted by Astardiel View Post
    Just freezing your exp gain is not playing the game as it was in the past. It does require class design at that time also.

Never say never is thing I have heard few times in my life. It is all about how well community takes classic servers (does blizzard add something that do not belong there) and as well how much money blizzard makes out of it, to carry on working other versions of the game.
    Indeed, what about TBC talents? What about attunments? What about class changes? Hunters had intellect in TBC remember - that wasnt replaced till the end of Wrath! You can't just go back to those places and experience it as it was, anymore than you can go back to "classic" by freezing exp at 60

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    TBC fixed everything wrong with Vanilla except for PvP.
    No, it did not.

WOTLK was much more closer to a final version where everything actually worked. TBC still had awful class balancing, attunements and QoL problems all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    The time frame they've given means any number of things could change in the meantime.
    Lets not forget for years they were working on an "unannounced" new MMO based on a totally new IP. Sure they didnt "announce" it - but they sure made it public knowledge.... what happened to that? To Titan? It was scrapped after several year's work when it was already in a playable state (I believe). If they announce something but are then not pleased with the result.... they have no compunction cancelling it. They have done it before - and will do it again if they consider it a good idea.

I don't personally think they WILL cancel classic - im just saying they could. Also everything thinks "Classic" means "Vanilla". They did imply as such based on the announcement and the icecream etc etc.... however, TBC can also be considered classic not... as can wrath.... It's very unlikely but they could even preempt the wish for different classic servers by making switchable versions or Vanilla, TBC, and Wrath realms and the ability to transfer your character upwards (for a fee of course). Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Lets not forget for years they were working on an "unannounced" new MMO based on a totally new IP. Sure they didnt "announce" it - but they sure made it public knowledge.... what happened to that? To Titan? It was scrapped after several year's work when it was already in a playable state (I believe). If they announce something but are then not pleased with the result.... they have no compunction cancelling it. They have done it before - and will do it again if they consider it a good idea.

I don't personally think they WILL cancel classic - im just saying they could. Also everything thinks "Classic" means "Vanilla". They did imply as such based on the announcement and the icecream etc etc.... however, TBC can also be considered classic not... as can wrath.... It's very unlikely but they could even preempt the wish for different classic servers by making switchable versions or Vanilla, TBC, and Wrath realms and the ability to transfer your character upwards (for a fee of course). Time will tell.
    blizzard isn't working on a unannounced mmo all talk about that ended after overwatch came out. sure they are probably working on engines and protypes for a new mmo but not full development on any thing.

if you ask me they are releasing classic as a experiment if its more popular than BFA then they will make their next mmo hardcore and not welfare casual. wow stopped growing after TBC. they are well aware that they only had technically one successful expansion ad any one who says that's bullshit and all expansons drop off have to see the sub numbers. the phenomena of people resubbing before a expansion and quitting shortly after only started with WOD didn't even happen with panda.

also yes Titain was finished it was using Overwatches assets all the custom skins in overwatch where basically "teirs' of armor in the titian mmo. and overwatch was probably only the PVP mode of the game. IMO they canceled overwatch because of destiny sure they canceled it before destiny but blizzard would have got hole of copys of destiny years before every one els they are extremely close friends with bungie.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    No, it did not.

WOTLK was much more closer to a final version where everything actually worked. TBC still had awful class balancing, attunements and QoL problems all over the place.
    I liked attunements, earning rep in raids, and actually advancing the story through raids properly.

As it is now, raids feel as if they're a very different part of the game compared to the core experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Pandas were horse shit though, the whole expansion felt like a dumbed down World of "War"craft. Raiding was good, but the theme was poor.
    You're right, a year and a half of Alliance v Horde storylines got stale pretty fast, especially since Garrosh lacked any genuine moral complexity, Tyrande was derailed into a tactical moron for the sake of making Varian look better, ditto Muradin and Falstad, Moira suddenly gave a damn about Alliance politics, Jaina proclaimed neutrality while letting the Alliance secure a powerful weapon, only to call foul when the Horde took it for themselves using the same portal network the Alliance did, and the Horde storyline spent half the expansion being a tyrant's personal thug and the other half reliant on Alliance backup for a civil war.

Oh, you mean the leveling storyline which quickly gave way to faction hostilities from 5.1 onward that every other autist on this forum shrieks about because apparently pandas and Asian settings trigger them into a coronary. My bad, carry on.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Yeah they’re not going to do the most popular expansion

The sucess of Classic will determine the fate of BC and WotLK servers.
    Skip MoP, Cata and WoD though. They’re all to similar to live and were much less popular.
    (I like MoP though but meh)

blizzards really not doing that well

SC2 was a modest success but sold very little before it went Free2play
    Diablo3 was a massive failure
    Overwatch was a good sales but massive drop off rate

considering this and considering TBC is arguably the only successful wow expansion to grow subs (if you exclude the pre hype subs for WOTLK) that means basically every thing they released after WOTLK has basically been a failure.

that's failing for 8 years. that's a pretty long dry spell.

blizzard might not release some thing for a long while now. they already rehired a guy who quit in 2004 to be in charge of greenlighting new projects probably because they feel what they have worked on post wow has basically been shit.

- - - Updated - - -

blizzards really not doing that well

SC2 was a modest success but sold very little before it went Free2play
    Diablo3 was a massive failure
    Overwatch was a good sales but massive drop off rate

considering this and considering TBC is arguably the only successful wow expansion to grow subs (if you exclude the pre hype subs for WOTLK) that means basically every thing they released after WOTLK has basically been a failure.

blizzard might not release some thing for a long while now. they already rehired a guy who quit in 2004 to be in charge of greenlighting new projects probably because they feel what they have worked on post wow has basically been shit.
    if blizzards next game isn't 100% praised they will probably loose all their talent and forever be shit from that point on. that's why i think it might literally be 4-5 years until we get a new game from blizzard now. they have basically become square enix.

blizzard isn't working on a unannounced mmo all talk about that ended after overwatch came out. sure they are probably working on engines and protypes for a new mmo but not full development on any thing.
    I think you missed my point. They WERE working on an unannounced (but still VERY public knowledge) MMO. It was codenamed Titan and while they never gave out much detail of it they acknowledged that they were working on it - and did so for several years before abandoning it after having several high profile people working on it for a number of years. It may not have been announced but the did admit it existed and was planned to be a new MMO. Then when it was playable they decided to ditch it for various reasons. They lost potentially millions in lost development time and wages for this. Some of this they got back as they were able to use some of the assets that had been created for this for Overwatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Not quote sure your reason for saying these. The sub numbers were FAR higher in WOTLK than in TBC. Also the following expansions have hardly been "failure". They make billions every year from wow. It may be that their profits from WoW are smaller each year - but to a degree that is just to be expected. The player base has grown, and the genre is simply not as popular as it used to be. Many new players are not going to take up an MMO. The world has moved onto the "new" generation. They want access now on their mobile decides to "piecemeal" gameplay rather than the large time investments of wow. Sure SOME new players will join and some may even stay - but in the main its the same player-base and they are getting older and older and gradualy feeling jaded with the whole thing.

Some will be re-motivated by Classic but personally I will be surprised if a great percentage of these actually STAY to play it. The nostalgia for it will not survive the reality of it for many people. There will be people for whom that is not the case... those that fall completely back in love with Classic - but in the main it will be an "also ran". Either way - even on just the players existing - billions per year is hardly "a failure".

Deleted
    Guys stop saying they will do TBC servers and WOTLK servers and this and that how silly are you... don't you realize you can already do TBC and WOTLK servers on live servers by simply going to http://www.wowhead.com/npc=35364/slahtz at that level and canceling your XP and have the full experience of that expansions endgame on live servers? if you honestly think they will remake a entire server and patch code for each expansion you must be crazy vanilla will be the ONLY classic server because they have not made any content since then go away! and probably never will! silly silly
    retard post, bait much?

It could be terrible going back to my roots in TBC and remember again everything that sucked back then.

Or, I've often wanted to play TBC again but I worry I would be horribly disappointed.

wow stopped growing after TBC.
    [Citation Needed]

Based on the final release of sub numbers, WoW stopped growing between 4.0 and 4.1.

EDIT: Also, Cata marked the first major overhaul of systems, in addition to the world. They'll do TBC because there is a demand for it. They'll do WotLK because there is a demand for it. They won't do Cata+ because there is no demand and it's too similar to retail.
    Last edited by Priestiality; 2018-03-14 at 03:49 PM.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    You're right, a year and a half of Alliance v Horde storylines got stale pretty fast, especially since Garrosh lacked any genuine moral complexity, Tyrande was derailed into a tactical moron for the sake of making Varian look better, ditto Muradin and Falstad, Moira suddenly gave a damn about Alliance politics, Jaina proclaimed neutrality while letting the Alliance secure a powerful weapon, only to call foul when the Horde took it for themselves using the same portal network the Alliance did, and the Horde storyline spent half the expansion being a tyrant's personal thug and the other half reliant on Alliance backup for a civil war.

Oh, you mean the leveling storyline which quickly gave way to faction hostilities from 5.1 onward that every other autist on this forum shrieks about because apparently pandas and Asian settings trigger them into a coronary. My bad, carry on.
    Yeah you just said a load of crap nobody cares about when it's implemented poorly, which is exactly what MoP was. So hard to see that isn't it you "autist" xD!