Poll: Distinct or more neutral faces between males and females for Worgen?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Honestly, they had already gotten so far with it that they weren't going to be able to change it to what the people who wanted more monstrous Worgen would like. And even then, the retarded chihuahua face isn't more bestial than the wold face, it's less. Even if the hairstyles were too human, the face was still properly beastly.

I'm always going to be dissatisfied since I actually was a fan of the Worgen before they became playable, and they simply didn't design the Worgen for the people who already liked them and what their aesthetics used to be. But even then, they should have at least satisfied someone.
    This is my thoughts in a nutshell. The face on the original is probably passable for the most part but the hair needs to go. Give them a customisable mane like the male and that model would have been ok enough to avoid the shitstorm it currently has.

I think with proper planning they could have got the current female right. They managed to make the male a LOT more like the fantasy after their intial atrocitiy and you can see the female is trying to go for the same feel. They just completely stuffed up the anatomy. I really hope they keep the 2 models savage direction and design (ir no Hearthstone human hair for the female) but take the time to get the anatomy right.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    ...no, because that's not how worgen have ever looked in Warcraft.

This is how worgen should have been made, which is official artwork for Cataclysm no less:

As for the females, there are many examples of female werewolfs that could have been used for inspiration, without deviating too much from the style used for the males.

Chihuahuas aren't one.
    I am very much pro-this artwork. That's how Genn looks in the BFA trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I kinda prefer the Hearthstone one, yeah.

She's clearly a wolf, yes, without the needless chihuahuaification. But she's also STILL GOT HER HUMAN HAIR. Which feminizes her very effectively.

I would prefer that to chihuaha.
    This. Frankly I didn't see the issue with how they were developing the worgen in Cata alpha, prior to the massive and frankly bad (in terms of model quality, and doubly in terms of the art direction for female worgen) redesigns in beta. Both genders had unique hairstyles that helped individualize them (live worgen, both genders, have some serious sameface going on and the extremely limited hairstyles leaves you with fur color as the primary differentiating customization for your worgen form).

The art team knows they fucked up female worgen especially. They cited it when they got scared and gunshy about updating female pandaren faces to be more than fur pattern swaps.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The Hearthstone Female looks amazing tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I know you're all talking about how the current females are hideous, which they are, but I really hate male Worgens and won't play one in their current state. I thought they looked pretty noble in Alpha as if they had mastered their curse but then they changed their approach in favor of making them appear more feral. I know they've werewolves and all but being a feral beast, in my opinion, isn't very fitting for the Alliance. I'd consider playing a Worgen if they at least had friendlier face options without a constant snarl.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I am very much pro-this artwork. That's how Genn looks in the BFA trailer.

New player watching that trailer: Oh man, that wolf guy looks so awesome! I am definitely playing this game and making what they call a worgen.

*Logs into game for the first time. Loads worgen males* o.O What? What even is that? Maybe I'll check out females instead.

*Changes to female. Shudders* But, I wanted to be a cool wolf like they had in the trailer...

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    New player watching that trailer: Oh man, that wolf guy looks so awesome! I am definitely playing this game and making what they call a worgen.

*Logs into game for the first time. Loads worgen males* o.O What? What even is that? Maybe I'll check out females instead.

*Changes to female. Shudders* But, I wanted to be a cool wolf like they had in the trailer...
    The fact that even Quilboars got model update but Worgen and Goblins not says a lot about Blizzard's priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    The fact that even Quilboars got model update but Worgen and Goblins not says a lot about Blizzard's priorities.
    Not really. We know they're working on the models, and exhibits of such can be seen in vulpera and sethrak. They also said plainly that those races are getting an update in BfA, just not for launch. I can live with that.

Quilboars got an update because we interact with them (to my knowledge) during the leveling process. They are also NPCs with less work required than trying to revamp a race that thousands of people are playing as every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Not really. We know they're working on the models, and exhibits of such can be seen in vulpera and sethrak. They also said plainly that those races are getting an update in BfA, just not for launch. I can live with that.

Quilboars got an update because we interact with them (to my knowledge) during the leveling process. They are also NPCs with less work required than trying to revamp a race that thousands of people are playing as every day.
    They said they gonna update models in Legion.

https://blizzardwatch.com/2017/11/04...ogress-no-eta/

There's my proof. Where's yours? Because I couldn't find them saying that.

Pretty sure they did not.

And their "priorities" are to first finish what most players will be seeing in the world, over fixing 2 races that aren't even the most popular. Also: The Quillboar being updated, is a hell of a lot less work than updating 2 playable races with all that it entails.

- - - Updated - - -

Male worgen have somewhat of an update we can look at with Genn. That artwork for the female worgen looks rad but we'd have to see an in-game model. Like people have said hearthstone winds up looking a lot stylistically different from WoW.

Just looking up "female worgen" it's almost entirely "here are concept arts for better female worgen blizzard" or "look at how derpy the female worgen model is blizzard"

But considering the makeover female tauren got I have confidence they can make it work.

This one's not too bad. A little more wolfy, shaggier.

whereas this one tries to lean towards the more feminine angle. Also promising.

But regardless of the approach everyone universally agrees something must be done.

Honestly, how that derp-eyed abomination could ever pass the quality control is beyond me... They were clearly scrambling, despite the whole 1-60 revamp not even containing all that many new models.

The final image example would be wonderful to see realized in-game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it says that a 15 year old model needed more help than an 8 year old one....
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Yes, it says that a 15 year old model needed more help than an 8 year old one....
    15 years old that rarely seen in game and 8 years old that is PC model.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure that 'anything' would be better than the current model (most things can be made much worse), but I will say that I refuse to play worgen because the females look stupid, and I can't stand the casting animations (jerky and frenzied doesn't match my mental image).

And for good measure, a montage of female worgen derp:

And for good measure, a montage of female worgen derp:

Meanwhile Blizzard ignores them and making straight back for orcs...

Blizzard in a nutshell

15 years old that rarely seen in game and 8 years old that is PC model.
    15 years old model that gets relevant in the upcoming expansion. Sure it wasn't needed

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    15 years old model that gets relevant in the upcoming expansion. Sure it wasn't needed
    Yea i'm understand. But Worgen really fcked up as playable race. Most people ignore them because of that. Me myself including.

Orc model is not fundamentally broken and giving them straight posture is thousandfold less work than redesigning and remaking female worgen.

It sucks, but it is no wonder they did that first.