Poll: Do you believe we have been visited by E.T

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    No. Nothing suggests or proves we have and if we did and no result has come of it as a whole- who cares?

I believe there is always a possible chance, but I feel it's not likely.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Ya that it could be, going along with what you said in a previous post on this thread MIB, I got my eye on you Agent GP j/k

But yeah I don't know I am incline to believe what you're saying, so no need to send people to my house
    Lol! I will mark you off the list then.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I think we have. Although I don't think they worry themselves with us. At most we might be a resource for them in a pinch. As in they might be curious and we satisfy that curiosity a bit or something unknown to us has value that they pick at. But I would imagine they would mostly want to just stay away. While ants aren't a direct danger to humanity it doesn't mean we go sticking our hands in an ant mound. Because one of two things happen. You get stung enough you get hurt, sick, or dead or you live and get pissed off and end up fucking the mound up / slaughtering the ants in some manner. Both are rather unproductive if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No. Nothing suggests or proves we have and if we did and no result has come of it as a whole- who cares?
    Awww Fencer, I thought you were an adventurer. Hahaha but yeah I agree, except for the who cares, I mean yeah there isn't anything, but wouldn't it at least be exciting if there was actually something other than BS hard to see videos, and obviously fakes out there?

You telling me never once have you gone, "Well that could be interesting?"
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    - Maybe.

- Them being hostile or not probably depends on if they find any usable resources on the planet. Humans included :P
    It has to be raw materials then. If there's an alien species capable of travelling from far across the galaxy to our planet while we're not even set foot on Mars, I highly doubt they'll come for our technology. And even then, why would they understand our technology.

- And no, never seen an alien.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone saying yes needs to lay off the sci fi.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    - Yes, absolutely.

- I don’t think they’re hostile.

- Not personally, but I have watched documentaries and read official statements.
    I'd have to agree here. The ONLY way that a race outside our solar system(which at this point intelligent life has to be) they would have to be so technologically superior that they'd more than likely be beyond the concepts we have of certain social order. They more than likely observed and moved on if they could actually make here, but possibly interacted to help us along.

The whole races like Independence Day would never have gotten to the point of intergalactic travel or even inter solar system travel.

If anything, a real first contact is probably going to be like Arrival with Amy Adams or something like Interstellar where it turns out to actually be himself interacting with the past teaching the solution

- - - Updated - - -

There's really no way to also prove that no result has come. It's basically like being agnostic(short of thinking the government is involved I mean Hillary was campaigning she would release alien info if she was elected and found it) in that there's really no way to prove or disprove it at the moment.

I’ve never heard such nonsense.
    what exactly is nonsense about the theory?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

You telling me never once have you gone, "Well that could be interesting?"
    What would be interesting? Intelligent life outside Earth? Sure. Of Course. But nothing proves or suggest that intelligent life have visited Earth or that it even exists outside Earth.

At best we we have the notion that the universe is pretty big and we can only observe a relatively small part of it. So there might be something intelligent outside Earth. Which is neat as a concept, but practically useless to humanity.

Belief is stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would be interesting? Intelligent life outside Earth? Sure. Of Course. But nothing proves or suggest that intelligent life have visited Earth or that it even exists outside Earth.

At best we we have the notion that the universe is pretty big and we can only observe a relatively small part of it. So there might be something intelligent outside Earth. Which is neat as a concept, but practically useless to humanity.

Belief is stupidity.
    Owww harsh, Understood You're right. That being said, come on can't one of these people be telling the truth just, be interesting to have a something to investigate.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Even if the pseudo researcher says ¨ in the ancient time it was impossible for these people to acquire this knowledge¨
    Look, that’s an insult to Ancient Mayans, people are eating Tide Pods in 2018 for fuck sake.
    All the ancient alien theories are debunked. So that’s make me believe this is bullcrap.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Anytime you have meteors burning up in the atmosphere or making impact it's an E.T.
    If you mean life and count the amino-acids aboard the comets that gave earth oceans - yes.

Bowie puts it best however skip ahead 1min for the chorus

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Even if the pseudo researcher says ¨ in the ancient time it was impossible for these people to acquire this knowledge¨
    Look, that’s an insult to Ancient Mayans, people are eating Tide Pods in 2018 for fuck sake.
    All the ancient alien theories are debunked. So that’s make me believe this is bullcrap.
    Indeed, it's fun to think about but there's plenty of more pressing matters. Ultimately it's just stories we tell ourselves to provide meaning and get on with our lives to avoid feeling lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Belief is stupidity.
    Yet we all believe in something - we're just stupid that way.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-03-14 at 05:19 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.