Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Wow tokens will almost certainly be in classic. Feel free to have a tantrum about that if you want.
    Gotta love dem crystal ballz. Maybe there will be pandas as well

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Blood Elves too.

Pandas aren't required to stop 3rd party gold sellers and account theft. WoW tokens are. They also do not affect gameplay.

5+ Year Old Account
    Pandas aren't required to stop 3rd party gold sellers and account theft. WoW tokens are. They also do not affect gameplay.
    Yeah m8, in that case they could go full D3 mode and institute a RMAH. After all, ppl had been already trading stuff for real money before And tokens *do* affect gameplay in Vanilla, where gold was super sparse.

Yeah m8, in that case they could go full D3 mode and institute a RMAH. After all, ppl had been already trading stuff for real money before And tokens *do* affect gameplay in Vanilla, where gold was super sparse.
    Exactly. Gold was difficult to earn in Vanilla and wasn't given away like it currently is in retail. A WoW token would destroy the economy in Vanilla. Training 150 riding skill in 1.12 was actually an accomplishment.

Wow tokens don't create gold though. They just facilitate gold trade between players without requiring 3rd party web sites. And that is entirely the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    Exactly. Gold was difficult to earn in Vanilla and wasn't given away like it currently is in retail. A WoW token would destroy the economy in Vanilla..
    How? Wow tokens don't create gold.

5+ Year Old Account
    Wow tokens don't create gold though. They just facilitate gold trade between players without requiring 3rd party web sites. And that is entirely the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course they don't create it. The same way than Chinese gold farmers of yore didn't create it, they just were very efficient at pooling it in the hands of a lazy few, with a very healthy credit card though.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2018-03-13 at 03:40 AM. Reason: grammar

- - - Updated - - -

in vanilla wow gold directly = power.
    buying raid runs , items , consumables,mounts , ect.
    it would ruin the economy due to people having more gold to spend and cause inflation . just cause it moves the gold around and doesnt create it out of thin air doesnt mean it doesnt have bad effects on the economy.

Wasn't razorgore a bit easier for ally because of pally bubble? I was a rogue so I was never part of dealing with controlling the boss. Perhaps it was with wiping or something else, I don't recall.

I'm also stumped though whether or not I would redo ally. Classic was the only time I played ally predominantly, all the other expansions I went horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    in vanilla wow gold directly = power.
    buying raid runs , items , consumables,mounts , ect.
    it would ruin the economy due to people having more gold to spend and cause inflation . just cause it moves the gold around and doesnt create it out of thin air doesnt mean it doesnt have bad effects on the economy.
    Again though, if it doesn't create gold, how would it cause inflation?

Again though, if it doesn't create gold, how would it cause inflation?
    because people who have alot of gold tend to horde it so none of their money goes into the economy. with wow tokens however, the money goes into the hands of people who spend money . they get the money for the express purpose of spending it.

because people who have alot of gold tend to horde it so none of their money goes into the economy.
    [citation needed]

[citation needed]
    dont you know the old saying about people with alot of money? figured it was common knowledge by now.

the gist of it is that people that have alot of money tend to pool it and rarely spend it. people who are not used to having alot of money spend it quick. thats why you have all those horror stories of people winning the lotto and a year later being dirt poor.

dont you know the old saying about people with alot of money? figured it was common knowledge by now.

the gist of it is that people that have alot of money tend to pool it and rarely spend it. people who are not used to having alot of money spend it quick. thats why you have all those horror stories of people winning the lotto and a year later being dirt poor.
    Real life money earns compound interest if you don't spend it. WoW gold does not.

Real life money earns compound interest if you don't spend it. WoW gold does not.
    while that may be true the saying still stands. i know people personally who has well over 10mill spread from multiple characters who is a scrooge when it comes to his money. i also know personally someone who cant hold on to more than 50k g. i think the highest she ever held was 110k g at 1 time , half of which was borrowed.

people with money tend to keep money which is part of the reason they have the money in the first place. they work their ass off and then keep working to get that money till they croak.

while that may be true the saying still stands.
    No, it doesn't. Interest is literally what makes not spending money work in real life. WoW does not have interest. There is no reward for saving.

No, it doesn't. Interest is literally what makes not spending money work in real life. WoW does not have interest. There is no reward for saving.
    meh whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    classic wow is imo a nostalgia trip for us, so my advice i strongly recommend u play whatever ur main was
    i switched horde since tbc yet i know i'll play an alliance gnome warlock 100% and can't wait for it, and use curse of recklesness then try fear a mob or try fear a mechanic or drain its life and wonder why my void can't taunt it
    Quote Originally Posted by Miro91 View Post
    But is Fearward so powerful? I mean, a good stancedancing tank could avoid this boss mechanic completely... but i have probably too much trust in human kind.
    it is that powerful that it was well known if u play a dwarf priest u may get invite to raiding guild, before u even get to 60
    of course u know that only after u lvled to 55 which took months in first place -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Snookiwooki View Post
    And horde have tremor totem, also reincarnation for wipe recovery speed, in fact shaman totems cover most things cleansing being very useful. Its just that you won't as easily cover a full raid group as they are group wide buffs.

I seem to remember Viscidus was almost impossible for Alliance.
    tremor totem had cd, fear ward (first incarnation) had none, and while tremor is aoe stop which is good, u only need the tank to not be feared
    horde had serious demand for undead tanks for that specific reason, if i remember right will of forsaken had 45 sec cd too during vanilla if not lower in earlier patches
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    I'll roll Alliance to counter the mandatory 70%+ horde imbalance.
    if it will be like vanilla exactly, then expect 90% of server alliance, and still get pwned in pvp :P
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Played Alliance in classic.

Switching to Horde for new classic because my friends that are planning on playing want to be Horde and I'm indifferent.

yooooooo Blizzard bank should start giving out interest ...semi - joke