Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    Someone did the maths, it appears the xp required to level is almost 3x what it was back in chocolate yet the actual quest rewards are considerably lower, what i don't get is this is supposed to be an accelerated server yet they impose such grinds.

I foresee many will just say "fuck it" and move on, my two ex guildies from back in the day who i got the nudge to this info from have uninstalled already.
    To be fair I don't mind a grind. But I'm playing multiple games at the moment that are a bit grindy.

As for Rift Prime I wouldn't have minded if they kept the XP changes in rather than change then revert.

Is there any word on them buffing XP rewards from quests at least or any tuning this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Is there any word on them buffing XP rewards from quests at least or any tuning this week?
    I think they said they're buffing XP in the patch coming out now, but I don't know how much or which activities it'll apply to.

Edit: From all sources, and they'll continue to monitor it.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...14-2018-a.html
    Last edited by Eldryth; 2018-03-14 at 02:36 PM.

You're kidding me right?

So basically Rift farming is even more menial now?
    Nope, not kidding. In the wee hours of the morning a group of players all hit 50 by just farming invasions in a max level zone, never completing the event. When the devs woke up and got in to work and saw this, they immediately reverted the XP Boosts to Rifts/Invasions/Events. As of yesterday, the best way to level is now farming trash in dungeons. Supposedly, there are going to be some more changes to XP in the maintenance, we'll see how that turns out.

Knowing this, I tried to run a couple dungeons last night. Ended up in Deepstrike Mines both times. First run was great. Sailed through without any problems. Second group, the tank started asking me to go DPS for trash right at the start, while my AoE DPS was already out DPSing the two mages. If I am not mistaken, even if they had been doing more damage than me, due to the buffs I give them and the DPS I put out, it would be about a wash for me to switch to DPS. I just ignored him because I didn't want to type all that out in the middle of a dungeon, just pull already damn it. Then we wiped on the first boss because that same tank decided to pull all the damn trash after the boss with the boss....on purpose. Once he said, "I guess I'll try pulling a little less trash with the boss next time." I just left.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't mind a grind. But when they make changes to the grind to make it a bit more bearable then revert those changes that's just stupid.
    In this case, I totally get them reverting the change, because the change was exploited. They had to reverse it until they could come up with a better solution, which with maintenance going on later that night, they would have a chance to implement. Gonna give it a bit more time and see what happens with the maintenance and how they choose to address this issue. I simply can't blame them for reverting an exploitable change though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Nope, not kidding. In the wee hours of the morning a group of players all hit 50 by just farming invasions in a max level zone, never completing the event. When the devs woke up and got in to work and saw this, they immediately reverted the XP Boosts to Rifts/Invasions/Events. As of yesterday, the best way to level is now farming trash in dungeons. Supposedly, there are going to be some more changes to XP in the maintenance, we'll see how that turns out.

Knowing this, I tried to run a couple dungeons last night. Ended up in Deepstrike Mines both times. First run was great. Sailed through without any problems. Second group, the tank started asking me to go DPS for trash right at the start, while my AoE DPS was already out DPSing the two mages. If I am not mistaken, even if they had been doing more damage than me, due to the buffs I give them and the DPS I put out, it would be about a wash for me to switch to DPS. I just ignored him because I didn't want to type all that out in the middle of a dungeon, just pull already damn it. Then we wiped on the first boss because that same tank decided to pull all the damn trash after the boss with the boss....on purpose. Once he said, "I guess I'll try pulling a little less trash with the boss next time." I just left.
    Meh. Think I'll put the sub I was gonna put into this back into WoW or PS Plus for now.

I'll check post maintenance but they really just need to buff XP gains across the board. Just enough so you can finish a zone through it's story.

As I said only reason I'm playing Prime is because someone here offered me a 15 day code.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    I think they said they're buffing XP in the patch coming out now, but I don't know how much or which activities it'll apply to.

Edit: From all sources, and they'll continue to monitor it.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...14-2018-a.html
    Yup, pretty much. Waiting to see how it turns out before making a decision myself. Well, that and I bought the $30 pack so I have two months to decide if I want to spend more money to keep playing.

Really though, this is all just leveling and I could care less. How end game is will be the deciding factor for me. I just hope I can get there before my time is up.

Yup, pretty much. Waiting to see how it turns out before making a decision myself. Well, that and I bought the $30 pack so I have two months to decide if I want to spend more money to keep playing.

Really though, this is all just leveling and I could care less. How end game is will be the deciding factor for me. I just hope I can get there before my time is up.
    Meh I like levelling to be meaningful and not tedious personally.

I mean grindy fine but this literally underlevels you for zones. Now that would be fine for early MMO standards pre 2005 but we aren't in 2005 anymore. All those early MMOs were innately a pain in the backside to level because they enforced grouping for the most part or had mechanics like XP loss on death.

Meh I like levelling to be meaningful and not tedious personally.

I mean grindy fine but this literally underlevels you for zones. Now that would be fine for early MMO standards pre 2005 but we aren't in 2005 anymore.
    I prefer to level through dungeons anyway. I'm a bit of a completionist, so I will do all the quests in every zone, but I normally do it after I outlevel the zone so it goes faster.

I prefer to level through dungeons anyway. I'm a bit of a completionist, so I will do all the quests in every zone, but I normally do it after I outlevel the zone so it goes faster.
    I like both as well.

I just don't think a zone series of quests should underlevel you though. Hopefully the xp buffs fix this but in terms of XP gains Trion dropped the ball a bit on this.

I like both as well.

I just don't think a zone series of quests should underlevel you though. Hopefully the xp buffs fix this but in terms of XP gains Trion dropped the ball a bit on this.
    I don't think they dropped the ball, I think it's intentional. It makes it so there won't be as many people at max level as quickly. There are already people at level 50. This server is supposed to last for a year. If we consider three tiers per expansion, then vanilla, SL, NT, that's 9 content releases, not even including the current expansion. If you add in 3 tiers for the current expansion, that means about a month at each tier. So it should be taking about a month to get to 50, not a week. Then in about a month, tier one will come out and you chill on that for about a month, then tier 2 for a month, then tier 3 for a month, then level to the new cap for a month....etc, etc. The XP gains are where they are so that people did not hit max level in a week then complain when there was not end-game content, because it's not coming for three more weeks. Obviously these are just estimates, and yeah, it seems like if they do it monthly like that, it will last a bit longer than the year they have estimated, but it's close. Maybe it will be a three week release cycle? Will really depend on when the majority get to 50. If it's going too slow, like it appears to be, they will adjust as needed, like they are doing.

Take your time leveling. You don't need to be 50 yesterday. Won't make a lick of difference if you are anyway because they level 50 content isn't even there yet, and likely won't be until the majority of the active players are 50, not the ones who sit there and powerlevel and exploit to get there. The majority. The casual guy. The guy who plays less than me and likely isn't even level 20 yet.

It's obvious you just don't like the game, so you see it as dropping the ball. However, it's by design, and I kinda like it. Dungeons are active and I get insta-ques instead of waiting all night and never having it pop. It's making it possible to do dungeons where previously it was not. People are actually doing Rifts in lower zones and while yeah, I'll burn out on that after a while, plenty of other people seem to love it and I don't have to do it because I can do Dungeons or PvP if I want instead.

I don't think they dropped the ball, I think it's intentional. It makes it so there won't be as many people at max level as quickly. There are already people at level 50. This server is supposed to last for a year. If we consider three tiers per expansion, then vanilla, SL, NT, that's 9 content releases, not even including the current expansion. If you add in 3 tiers for the current expansion, that means about a month at each tier. So it should be taking about a month to get to 50, not a week. Then in about a month, tier one will come out and you chill on that for about a month, then tier 2 for a month, then tier 3 for a month, then level to the new cap for a month....etc, etc. The XP gains are where they are so that people did not hit max level in a week then complain when there was not end-game content, because it's not coming for three more weeks. Obviously these are just estimates, and yeah, it seems like if they do it monthly like that, it will last a bit longer than the year they have estimated, but it's close. Maybe it will be a three week release cycle? Will really depend on when the majority get to 50. If it's going too slow, like it appears to be, they will adjust as needed, like they are doing.

Take your time leveling. You don't need to be 50 yesterday. Won't make a lick of difference if you are anyway because they level 50 content isn't even there yet.

It's obvious you just don't like the game, so you see it as dropping the ball. However, it's by design, and I kinda like it. Dungeons are active and I get insta-ques instead of waiting all night and never having it pop. It's making it possible to do dungeons where previously it was not. People are actually doing Rifts in lower zones and while yeah, I'll burn out on that after a while, plenty of other people seem to love it and I don't have to do it because I can do Dungeons or PvP if I want instead.
    I don't like the game? Uhm I think Prime is okay for what it is.

I just don't like being underleveled when I finish a zone is all lol and that XP questing could use some tweaks.

And yes I think they dropped the ball a little when story quests and xp gains can underlevel you. Simple as that. I don't mind Warfronts I mind getting matched with people who cannot grasp the objective and lose 3 orbs because they sat in mid with them.

Dungeons are good. Not hard but decent source of XP. My point is quests should also be a decent source as well.

It's more that the burnout is kicking in and I'm only 25.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-14 at 03:21 PM.

I don't like the game? Uhm I think Prime is okay for what it is.

I just don't like being underleveled when I finish a zone is all lol and that XP questing could use some tweaks.

It's more that the burnout is kicking in and I'm only 25.
    You are not under leveled though. You are at the perfect level to do some group activities. This is an MMO after all. The focus SHOULD be on group activities, not solo questing. I find it refreshing.

You're burned out from having to do group content in an MMO? Sorry about it. Join a guild, hop on comms and chat with your fellow players while doing boring mindless content. THAT'S what a Massively MULTIPLAYER Online game should be about. Playing WITH others. Not just questing solo.

You are not under leveled though. You are at the perfect level to do some group activities. This is an MMO after all. The focus SHOULD be on group activities, not solo questing. I find it refreshing.
    And I disagree. There should be a focus on both. Right now the questing experience can underlevel you which is a bit poor imo.

The group stuff is there for Rifts and Dungeons. Questing just needs its tweaks and voila.

And when I say underleveled I meant in Freemarch.

You're burned out from having to do group content in an MMO? Sorry about it. Join a guild, hop on comms and chat with your fellow players while doing boring mindless content. THAT'S what a Massively MULTIPLAYER Online game should be about. Playing WITH others. Not just questing solo.
    I said mindlessly spamming it was and that there should be alternatives both group and solo. Don't put words in my mouth please because I'm not going down that road again with you.

Group content right now in Prime is fine and I never said otherwise. However Quest XP is too low. I'm not saying buff it by thousands just to something more reasonable.

And I have been playing with friends. Even they are bored of it and some of them are around 30-35. And I've even been trying to convince them to stay while I catch up.

The big burnout for me is the same as you said you were experiencing. Rifts. It just gets boring after a while. I don't mind mindlessly spamming content as long as it's fun but the only time that group content gets somewhat fun imo is when the big zone event starts.

I think Prime is actually good. Just needs a few tweaks. Which as I said will hopefully come with this weeks maintenance. So I'm not even outright dismissing it. I'm just saying wait and see first.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-14 at 03:35 PM.

And I disagree. There should be a focus on both.

The group stuff is there for Rifts and Dungeons. Questing just needs its tweaks and voila.

And when I say underleveled I meant in Freemarch.

I said mindlessly spamming it was and that there should be alternatives both group and solo. Don't put words in my mouth please because I'm not going down that road again with you.

Group content right now in Prime is fine and I never said otherwise. However Quest XP is too low. I'm not saying buff it by thousands just to something more reasonable.

And I have been playing with friends. Even they are bored of it and some of them are around 30-35.

I think Prime is actually good. Just needs a few tweaks.
    and I disagree. The focus SHOULD be on the group content, not the solo content. Which is how it is. You SHOULD be forced to do some group content before moving on to the next zone, if you did the previous zone at all. The solo content is there for those who want it, but is not rewarded the same because the game WANTS you to partake in group activities.

I am not putting words in your mouth. You are saying that you feel differently than that and that you think you should be able to finish Freemarch and move right on the the next zone. Trion and I disagree. This is why they buffed Rift/Invasion/Event XP and not Quest XP. So you would still be forced to do some group content, but not as much. Some people exploited that, so they are going to have to take a different approach. We'll have to wait a bit for the Patch/Hotfix Notes to come out to see what they did to fix the situation. Hopefully, they buff Rift/Event XP without buffing Invasion XP to prevent the exploit, then buff PvP and Dungeon XP as well. Maybe a slight boost to quest XP, but I hope not because it feels about right to me.

and I disagree. The focus SHOULD be on the group content, not the solo content. Which is how it is. You SHOULD be forced to do some group content before moving on to the next zone, if you did the previous zone at all. The solo content is there for those who want it, but is not rewarded the same because the game WANTS you to partake in group activities.

I am not putting words in your mouth. You are saying that you feel differently than that and that you think you should be able to finish Freemarch and move right on the the next zone. Trion and I disagree. This is why they buffed Rift/Invasion/Event XP and not Quest XP. So you would still be forced to do some group content, but not as much. Some people exploited that, so they are going to have to take a different approach. We'll have to wait a bit for the Patch/Hotfix Notes to come out to see what they did to fix the situation. Hopefully, they buff Rift/Event XP without buffing Invasion XP to prevent the exploit, then buff PvP and Dungeon XP as well. Maybe a slight boost to quest XP, but I hope not because it feels about right to me.
    And if you think it feels right then I respect your opinion of course.

Again the burnout for me is from mindlessly spamming Rifts for the most part. I'm not saying that having that group content is bad. Just that it gets boring after a while even with friends/groups. Hence the burnout. And that questing XP is too low for what it is.

I see no issue with a slight buff to XP gains across the board. Including quests.

And again I agree. Let's wait and see. Hopefully it boosts quest xp a tiny bit. Or at least Rift XP.

On another note....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/commen...olitical_edge/

Good. Got sick of seeing the 1-29 chat spammed with stupid stuff. Apparently some people are saying a few of them got the "99999" hour ban.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-14 at 03:51 PM.

And if you think it feels right then I respect your opinion of course.

Again the burnout for me is from mindlessly spamming Rifts for the most part. I'm not saying that having that group content is bad. Just that it gets boring after a while even with friends/groups. Hence the burnout. And that questing XP is too low for what it is.

I see no issue with a slight buff to XP gains across the board. Including quests.

And again I agree. Let's wait and see. Hopefully it boosts quest xp a tiny bit. Or at least Rift XP.

On another note....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/commen...olitical_edge/

Good. Got sick of seeing the 1-29 chat spammed with stupid stuff. Apparently some people are saying a few of them got the "99999" hour ban.
    Well, the name of the game IS Rift after all. Aside from that though, you do have other choices. You could do Dungeons or Warfronts to break up the tedium of grinding Rifts. That's what I do and I am enjoying it immensely.

See, the problem I have with buffing quest XP is that if they do, there will be lots of people who ONLY level through quests. That leaves a much smaller pool of people to do group content with. Less people farming Rifts in the lower zones. Less people queing for the lower level dungeons. Less people doing lower level Warfronts. It also means much more competition for looting quest shinies.

I like it the way it is. My only complaint so far is idiots in dungeons that don't know what they are doing. If you are a healer, it's your job to cleanse the tank. If you have to stack, stack. I should no be out DPSing DPS souls on my Bard. Tanks shouldn't pull more than they can handle over and over and over.

As for the chat bans, YAAAAASSSS!!!

Well, the name of the game IS Rift after all. Aside from that though, you do have other choices. You could do Dungeons or Warfronts to break up the tedium of grinding Rifts. That's what I do and I am enjoying it immensely.

See, the problem I have with buffing quest XP is that if they do, there will be lots of people who ONLY level through quests. That leaves a much smaller pool of people to do group content with. Less people farming Rifts in the lower zones. Less people queing for the lower level dungeons. Less people doing lower level Warfronts. It also means much more competition for looting quest shinies.

I like it the way it is.

As for the chat bans, YAAAAASSSS!!!
    Dungeons I don't mind. Well except Realm of the Fae but with such a low pool it's normal to probably see it so often at early levels.

Warfronts I wouldn't if people capped the orbs. Luckily Codex is open for me now but I still get the odd Black Garden stockpile or Normal.

And yes the name of the game is Rift. Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to say that farming them gets a bit tedious after a while.

To be honest one buff I'd like to see is zone events. Make the bosses a bit more dangerous even at low level.

On the subject of chat bans. I'm curious if people were struck with 99999 hour one. Some people I know said they were. I mean while it's not permanent it's still close to 12 years.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-14 at 04:36 PM.

Dungeons I don't mind. Well except Realm of the Fae but with such a low pool it's normal to probably see it so often at early levels.

Warfronts I wouldn't if people capped the orbs. Luckily Codex is open for me now but I still get the odd Black Garden stockpile or Normal.

And yes the name of the game is Rift. Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to say that farming them gets a bit tedious after a while.

To be honest one buff I'd like to see is zone events. Make the bosses a bit more dangerous even at low level.

On the subject of chat bans. I'm curious if people were struck with 99999 hour one. Some people I know said they were. I mean while it's not permanent it's still close to 12 years.
    Then quit complaining about mindlessly spamming Rifts and run dungeons instead? Queue for a dungeon and join a Rift group just until it pops?

You are complaining about Rifts being to grindy when they really are pretty optional. If you don't like them, don't do them. There are other options.

On that, a guy in my guyild got one, it was only 24 hours. Not sure what the 99999 hour one is, must be for repeat offenders though.

Then quit complaining about mindlessly spamming Rifts and run dungeons instead? Queue for a dungeon and join a Rift group just until it pops?

You are complaining about Rifts being to grindy when they really are pretty optional. If you don't like them, don't do them. There are other options.
    Really?

Ok I'm done you're on ignore.

You are just doing what a few other posters do now when someone is remotely critical and quite frankly I can't be bothered. I've said I like Prime and it could use some tweaks and at this point there is no point even trying to have a discussion with you anymore.

The hypocritical part here is you literally said not a page or two ago Rifts were burning you out as well. So why is it wrong when I say it?

The funny part is I'm not even posting anything on par with past critique. Just that I'm a little burnt out.

Had to do some Rifts and after running Rifts a bit this weekend, I'm already kinda burned out on Rifts, so I ended up watching TV instead.
    Oh look right there. So it's fine for you to say it but if someone else or I say it then it's wrong and we have to endure the "go do other content treatment"?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-14 at 05:14 PM.

Really?

Ok I'm done you're on ignore.

You are just doing what a few other posters do now when someone is remotely critical and quite frankly I can't be bothered.

Funny how I say Rifts are burning me out it's wrong but if you say it then it's ok. Logic I guess.
    It's one thing to be critical. It's another thing when the thing you are being critical of is ENTIRELY OPTIONAL. If it bothers you, just don't do it.

I fail to see how increasing Rift or Quest XP would make you like them if you already don't, so just don't do them. It really is that simple. If Rifts were the ONLY way to level, I could see you being critical of them, but you are being critical of something that literally has no effect on you at all, unless you choose to let it.

Basically, the way I am reading your complaint is, "Rifts are too grindy, so they need to fix it." The reality is, "Rifts are too grindy, so I can use the other options available and leave the Rifts there for the people who want them."

You are being critical, but you are not offering solutions and there is a solution staring you in the face. The solution you are offering is to raise Quest XP and I fail to see what that has to do with Rifts being too Grindy. For the people that don't like Questing, the Rifts will still be Grindy. For the people that don't like Rifts, they can still avoid them. When you have Dungeons and PvP as viable alternatives to Rifts, why focus on Quest XP so much?

Your probably not gonna see this because I guess you are ignoring me now, but whatever man. Try to enjoy the game the way you like it by avoiding Rifts if they bother you. No one is making you do them but yourself. There are viable alternatives in the game. The one you suggest(raising Quest XP) would ruin the rest of the viable alternatives for the rest of the population.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh look right there. So it's fine for you to say it but if someone else or I say it then it's wrong and we have to endure the "go do other content treatment"?
    I wasn't being critical of them and I did exactly what I am suggesting you do. Go do something else if it bothers you instead of complaining about it. I was not complaining, just stating what I did. I also said it once, you repeat it ad nauseam. There's a big difference. One seems like a statement, one seems like whining. What I didn't do that you did is ask for change. I just was bothered a bit by it, so found something else to do instead of complaining. Done and over.

Playing again and im fucking hooked 8(. Side note. Noticing that bows dont have a damage range/dps listed on them. This something new? Do they act as stat sticks now?