Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Would you like to see again paragon caches?

I don't entirely dislike them, some extra gold and resources are nice, however, after 800+ caches opened I've only got the Warden's toy, Court of Farondis's mount and Army of the Light's toy. And man, as a collector I feel very wearing to keep grinding reputation in order to hope that the next cache will have one of the vanity rewards. Personally I think that one of the following options could be good enough:

• Never implement paragon reputations again.
    • Have paragon reputation implemented but only with gold, expansion resources or something like that.
    • Implement the paragon system with vanity rewards but with a significantly higher chance to drop.

So guys, what do you feel about the paragon rewards?

They're nice bonus, but having mounts/toys as a reward is just pure blasphemy.

They should give gold/resources/materials/just some bonus items that you can already acquire from other sources.

They should be treated as BONUS.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2018-03-14 at 04:14 PM.

No.

Mounts and toys should be available from the faction vendor as a reward for reaching exalted, not locked behind additional grinding with RNG slapped on top.

I've been doing every Paragon reputation religiously since their introduction via emissaries, elite WQ's + funneling rep tokens from alts, and I have NONE of the Broken Isles rewards to show for it.

If the Paragon chests only contained additional resources, then fair enough. Their current iteration is dogshit.

Only if it doesn't contain a mount or toy.

Giving us reasons to do WQ beyond Exalted is a good thing. But keep it to currencies, maybe a piece of armor that can titanforge... anything that's just generally relevant to the expansion. I don't want to have to go back and farm old reputations to get a mount I want.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they insist on paragon systems I think it should be like PvP, where the rewards are stationed at certain predictable paragon levels you get by building rep. Successfully reach paragon level 5 or 10 or whatever with the Valarjar, get their mount. Stuff like that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

NO (for the sake of our sanity)

Paragon Caches to get the expansion mounts, toys and pets hidden in a low chance RNG system with a 10k reputation farm window is an insult to all players who farm collectibles.

If they want paragon Caches, they should have the same level of rewards that LFG Random Heroic Runs have, not once in a time collectibles.

I'm farming those damn paragon caches almost since they were introduced and I'm still missing the Sentinels Toy, the Dreamweavers Mount and that damn 3th Elekk from Army of the Light. Looted 6 times one of the Elekks, 2 times the other, 0 times the 3rd... 12 alts in exalted farming that stupid rep. Oh well... (Also got the army of light toy 4 times )
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-03-14 at 04:47 PM.

Deleted
    Remove mounts/pets/toys from them

Add flasks/food/potions/crafting materials

And we have a nice bonus after caping reputation

No. I haven't done an emissary in over a year and can't be bothered.

The concept of Paragon rep is great, imo. But they should definitely stay away from putting mounts or other vanity stuff in there. I just hope they will eventually increase the drop rate for Legion paragon drops significantly, like at least to 50%.

Azerite and other expansion specific resources should be enough.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    No.

Mounts and toys should be available from the faction vendor as a reward for reaching exalted, not locked behind additional grinding with RNG slapped on top.

I've been doing every Paragon reputation religiously since their introduction via emissaries, elite WQ's + funneling rep tokens from alts, and I have NONE of the Broken Isles rewards to show for it.

If the Paragon chests only contained additional resources, then fair enough. Their current iteration is dogshit.
    Ya I call complete BS on this. I've opened ~300 Paragon boxes since their release and I got my last mount(Nightfallen, which is the hardest of the reps to get boxes for) about a month ago. If you were truly "religiously" farming them you'd have at least half the mounts, nobody's rng is that bad because they put BLP on the chests.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Remove mounts/pets/toys from them

Add flasks/food/potions/crafting materials

And we have a nice bonus after caping reputation
    My thoughts exactly. I have all rewards from the Legion ones, but I hope they redesign it for BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Ya I call complete BS on this. I've opened ~300 Paragon boxes since their release and I got my last mount(Nightfallen, which is the hardest of the reps to get boxes for) about a month ago. If you were truly "religiously" farming them you'd have at least half the mounts, nobody's rng is that bad because they put BLP on the chests.
    Well, RNG is random. But getting none is very bad luck
    The bad luck protection is only for legendaries
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-03-14 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Enjoy being hilariously wrong I guess, because it's fact.

And please link me to the source stating that the BLP applies to mounts/toys and not just the Legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I like it.

Granted I haven't done an Emissary on my Hunter in ages, and the only reason I do them on any other character is Essences... but still
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    They're nice bonus, but having mounts/toys as a reward is just pure blasphemy.

They should give gold/resources/materials/just some bonus items that you can already acquire from other sources.

They should be treated as BONUS.
    ^This

Mounts, pets, and toys should be on the vendor... bonus stuffs should be in bonus boxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    the people complaining about "but muh petz and mountz" are probably the same ones that think there should be a vendor with all loot on it that you can walk up to and get BIS gear from
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    the people complaining about "but muh petz and mountz" are probably the same ones that think there should be a vendor with all loot on it that you can walk up to and get BIS gear from
    If your mind can't tell the difference between asking that mount rewards from factions are not locked behind additional grinding AND RNG upon reaching exalted vs "wanting all loot from vendors", then I feel for you.

No, I want to get my rep up to max and then be done with that particular rep forever.

I think it's fine to keep paragon caches from post-exalted reputation to incentivize players to keep doing WQs late-game, but they shouldn't contain unique low drop chance rewards like mounts. So then it would feel optional to me, rather than mandatory like now.

No. RNG lootboxes has no place in WoW.

I liked the idea of the mounts and toys before it was implemented. In practice it wasn't enjoyable.

I completed the paragon stuff recently, and had 11 chars doing emissaries and mission table rep tokens, gathering hundreds and then using DMF to go on a splurge. It was like a slot machine that was stacked against you, and when I got mounts I wasn't happy but relieved that I could safely ignore that faction from now on.

They could've added a vendor or something to obliterate duplicate mounts and purchase ones that weren't collected.