Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/s..._altitude.html

I said that the ISS, satellites, the space shuttle when we had them, are constantly falling toward the Earth. You can try to twist my words, but they are clear and only 16 posts or so above this one. Don't let facts get in your way though.
    I'm not twisting your words. You said that things that orbit the Earth are falling towards it, which is patently false. You can pretend you didn't say it, but you did. You were wrong.

It's OK though, because I'm guessing that's not what you meant, and I was correcting the falsehood you accidentally wrote.

Can we agree that this Chinese space station is not in orbit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I am no way shape or form going to be running towards trash falling from space...
    Are you being daft? You don't run towards it as it's falling. You visit and loot parts of it AFTER it's fallen. I would have thought that to be extremely obvious?

It's going to land on me, I just know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    hopefully it lands on a draenei.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

When i heard of the Chinese space station hitting Earth I thought they had the equivalent of the ISS and it was going to crash into Earth. that would be troublesome, but according to the post above if its only 10m long and 3m wide, who cares. it will probably burn up in the atmosphere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Are you being daft? You don't run towards it as it's falling. You visit and loot parts of it AFTER it's fallen. I would have thought that to be extremely obvious?
    But then the people risking it would get all the loot

Deleted
    Made in China.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxxy View Post
    The chinese space station TIANGONG-1 is due to fall out of the sky soon. They are not exactly sure where it's going to land at the moment but they estimate it wil hit between 29 March to 9 April. Guess there is not much to be done about it but just wait.

You can find out in this article that includes a map if you are in the zone that might be where it lands. If so be vigilant, you could find yourself able to grab a bit and sell it on ebay! Not sure what the legalities of that are though.

http://blogs.esa.int/rocketscience/2...entry-updates/
    Ain't it gonna hit down in Australia?
    Incompetent Chinese. Or perhaps they just don't give a shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I'm not twisting your words. You said that things that orbit the Earth are falling towards it, which is patently false. You can pretend you didn't say it, but you did. You were wrong.

It's OK though, because I'm guessing that's not what you meant, and I was correcting the falsehood you accidentally wrote.

Can we agree that this Chinese space station is not in orbit?
    Except I'm not and every satellite, the space shuttle, the ISS are constantly falling towards the earth. It isn't patently wrong, it's how the shit works. They never achieve equilibrium orbit, they always have to make orbit adjustments, and if they don't they continue to fall back to earth quicker and quicker as drag increases.

10+ Year Old Account
    It better not hit my new F150, I just bought that damn thing!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Actually you are twisting his words because he didn't say things he specified some specific things, you twisted his words to alter the context either intentionally or unintentionally then argued against something he never said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Ain't it gonna hit down in Australia?
    Incompetent Chinese. Or perhaps they just don't give a shit.
    In fairness it's lasted longer than the USA's space station did, and that spread debris across western Australia.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    A Space shuttle External Fuel Tank , weighed much more then this thing, and is also much larger. (46.9m long, x 8.4m diameter), weight 26500 kg empty.

This thing is really not a huge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    so what exactly happens if part of a chinese space stations falls down onto earth in, let's say Germany, and ends up killing a German citizen.
    "Oh too bad" or would that cause some international conflict?
    Much less than 1% of the planet has humans on it. The chances of someone dying from falling space junk is very small. We get a lot rocks falling from space each year and total number of deaths so far in recorded history...zero.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    everything in orbit (yes, even the moon) will someday crash to earth, unless it has some sort of propulsion to keep in in place. thats how orbits work.
    the moon is floating away from us actually.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

then they should try another space station
    hit & run posting lol

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Moon is moving away from earth.. Just saying.
    Shh...

We need to start the hype machine for making people think the moon is going to fall to earth during their life times.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    the moon is floating away from us actually.
    i misread my source on this. but the fact that it will float away still proves my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    And that isn't even remotely close to what I was asking.
    Like no offense to you, but everyone else also answered in the same manner and I don't care about how small the chance is. I'm just asking, what WILL happen if an innocent human being is killed.

So again. Space junk from China's satellite falls to earth, hits and kills an innocent person.
    Will the family just be told "lol tough luck. You can't sue or do anything. No justice will be given to you, byeeeeee" or will the country who's space junk compensate them or like what HAPPENS when something like This happens?
    I don't want to know how small or or unlikely the odds are. Just the procedure of what'll happen.
    Hell let's kick it up a nodge and say it was a diplomat that ended up being killed. What would happen? Still nothing?
    I assume China would negotiate a financial settlement with the country that was injured. And the country would distribute the funds in a manor they deem fit?

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    everything in orbit (yes, even the moon) will someday crash to earth, unless it has some sort of propulsion to keep in in place. thats how orbits work.
    No, actually the moon is drifting away from Earth at a rate of about 1.5 inches a year.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    No, actually the moon is drifting away from Earth at a rate of about 1.5 inches a year.
    I think you are the 3rd person to state this to them. I think they got it by now, lol.