Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Well to be fair, IF BLP exists for amanthul, it should have started MUCH higher. I mean, the expansion is about 25 weeks away, remove 4 weeks since they'll have the usual huge nerfs for the pre patch, we're left with what, 21 weeks. Even if you get vision 100% in 10 weeks, that leaves 11 weeks of it, which is basically nothing. Considering its a trinket good only for half classes compared to the 1000 norgannon everyone already have, its bullshit its so hard to get. They totally fucked up with vision.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Considering its a trinket good only for half classes compared to the 1000 norgannon everyone already have, its bullshit its so hard to get. They totally fucked up with vision.
    I would be pretty wary of trusting sims that compare Aman'thul's Vision and the corresponding DPS pantheon at a certain number of pantheon trinkets, as these sims assume that all other trinkets in the raid are Aman'thul's Vision, which is far from being the case. In reality what happens is usually that a single DPS trinket gets swapped for Aman'thul's, leading to a large increase in the number of empowerment procs relative to equipping the normal pantheon trinket.

In general I'd always recommend that any DPS/healer that is fortunate enough to obtain ATV wear it (with tanks, it doesn't cause as much of an increase in raid DPS due to the tank pantheon trinket not so scarce - though it is an increase - and the trinket is naturally better in Antorus for Vengeance DH/Blood DK, not sure about other tanks since I don't play them).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Well to be fair, IF BLP exists for amanthul, it should have started MUCH higher. I mean, the expansion is about 25 weeks away, remove 4 weeks since they'll have the usual huge nerfs for the pre patch, we're left with what, 21 weeks. Even if you get vision 100% in 10 weeks, that leaves 11 weeks of it, which is basically nothing. Considering its a trinket good only for half classes compared to the 1000 norgannon everyone already have, its bullshit its so hard to get. They totally fucked up with vision.
    I have to wonder if the person responsible for drop rates is treating ATV like a cosmetic item or a mount. Something "nice to have", but ultimately meaningless, so it can drop at any time without issues. Which would be fine if it wasn't the only item in Legion that can go into third legendary slot... except there's only a tiny part of the population that gets to experience it. Was that supposed to be fun or something? I don't get it.

The alternative is that they consider ATV to be massively overpowered and believe that having it more accessible would completely trivialize Antorus. Must be their internal sims, though, because it certainly doesn't seem to be that powerful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazik View Post
    AmanThul has no real usage in the game right now anyway, unless you are one of 0,00001% players pushing super high M+ keys.

It is just flex item to "impress" your friends or guild mates.

Its only purpose is to keep players engaged in Antorus raid until next expansion.
    I hate the random 20k int proc on the normal caster trinket. I'd take a dps loss to get consistency and avoid being tilted every second try because it either didn't proc at all or proc outside of my CDs and thereby completely ruining my dps. After what they did to RPPM trinkets like that just shouldn't exist. I wouldn't mind completely random RPPM procs, that just do damage (like legendary cloak in MoP) since it is not nearly as strong if stacked with other CDs.

That's basically the reason why me and my friends are chasing the trinket. For others it's just BiS and having people in the raid with Aman'thul is a benefit to everybody since it makes pantheon procs more consistent. Just having something somewhat consistent in today's world would just feel so refreshing to me especially since they introduced concordance.

Rejoice for some, tears for others. A change has been applied on live servers (Source).

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hey guys! Just wanted to follow up with this since there was quite a bit of discussion and some really good feedback on how the Epic Pantheon Trinkets are awarded. Recently we've pushed forward a change before this current reset.

The Pantheon trinkets for drops after the first now obey your loot specializations. Previously it only followed your loot specialization for the first one and the second was random for your other specs.

Appreciate all of the feedback you guys have been giving us about this!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    today I encountered a warrior who told me that he boosted his character 2 weeks ago. he got aggramar tmog & argus from LFR. Surprisingly, he also got aman'thul from normal argus with me. thankfully, he didn't also get his pantheon trinket, otherwise i would have punched my monitor.
    lol that would annoy me too. Aman'thul's is pretty useless at this point anyways. They really should have implemented the trinket differently.

It's BIS for most specs by miles.
    it's like blizzard said "We heard you guys like unstable Arcanocrystal. Here is another source with better stats go get it!" Laughter echoes blizzard HQ.
    Seeing how its not Bis for most specs, and only around 10k dps better for the others, I wouldn't say "miles". Its far too rare for the small power increase

7+ Year Old Account
    it's like blizzard said "We heard you guys like unstable Arcanocrystal. Here is another source with better stats go get it!" Laughter echoes blizzard HQ.
    "Miles"... its about 10k-20k better, thats less than 1%

Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    "Miles"... its about 10k-20k better, thats less than 1%
    Well the poster was talking about someone getting it after boosting their char 2 weeks ago, so its gonna be quite a bit better than a 950 trinket.

But yes its very comparitive to a 1000 epic trinket.

It's not BIS for a lot of specs actually and for the ones it is BIS it's like 1% better than the other pantheon trinket.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Well the poster was talking about someone getting it after boosting their char 2 weeks ago, so its gonna be quite a bit better than a 950 trinket.

But yes its very comparitive to a 1000 epic trinket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    It's not BIS for a lot of specs actually and for the ones it is BIS it's like 1% better than the other pantheon trinket.

Maybe for your personal damage, but as far as overall raid damage goes Aman'thul's is much better than a 1000 pantheon trinket.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pull back most specs. But at least for me ‘protection paladin’ it’s insanely good. Because secondary stats means a lot to us.
    Well, that's not saying much, seeing how most tanking trinkets are garbage.

The difference in power between regular trinket and legendary doesn't justify its' incredible rarity. It's not like you'll suddenly turn into unkillable juggernaut after you get it, nor will your average DPSer suddenly top the meters by a wide margin. For some classes it's a sidegrade, at best, and that's *really* not something you should be thinking about supposedly "ultimate" legendary of the entire expansion.

Hell, for all we know, the potential increase in drop rate might be intended as a nerf to the instance itself (seeing how they didn't touch it at all)... which doesn't really fit with its' actual power level. This isn't WoD ring, there won't be massive skipping of entire mechanics just from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
    The original drop chance I used could be completely wrong.
    The numbers from the last 2 weeks could have randomly been a bit higher then the previous weeks and there is no bad luck protection at all.
    I could be wrong about the 30% weekly increase.
    Blizzard could do this in some other way or change it at any time.
    Well the problem is that if this BLP exists, it should've started to increment on Week 1, that makes no sense to start the increase after the Epic 1000 trinket on W12... Even for Blizzard.

So I think that will unfortunately remain a <1% drop chance...

There seem to be a lot of people who wanted Blizzard to make legendaries rare again. Presumably they are happy with the Amanthul's Vision.

I am personally not one of those people but I don't mind the way this worked out. I feel no pressure to farm it, and I do not think my characters are lacking by not having this trinket. On other other hand, if I ever get this trinket, that would be a pleasant surprise. I guess that means my feelings about this trinket work as intended [by Blizzard].

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    There seem to be a lot of people who wanted Blizzard to make legendaries rare again. Presumably they are happy with the Amanthul's Vision.

I am personally not one of those people but I don't mind the way this worked out. I feel no pressure to farm it, and I do not think my characters are lacking by not having this trinket. On other other hand, if I ever get this trinket, that would be a pleasant surprise. I guess that means my feelings about this trinket work as intended [by Blizzard].
    I have the same feelings toward getting it; or ever getting. If you are done with progression whether you raid normal/heroic/mythic the trinket is pretty much useless to you at this point (which most people are 4 months in). I feel like having 1-2 people in the raid with it earlier on when you actually were progressing would have made it a cool item to have. I don't think a single person in my guild has it yet and we have 3 raid teams.

I have the same feelings toward getting it; or ever getting. If you are done with progression whether you raid normal/heroic/mythic the trinket is pretty much useless to you at this point (which most people are 4 months in). I feel like having 1-2 people in the raid with it earlier on when you actually were progressing would have made it a cool item to have. I don't think a single person in my guild has it yet and we have 3 raid teams.
    i say "hi"i to the player that dont do m+ on 20+ keys regular

I think they overdid it with the drop rate. When I first saw this item on the site, I was very excited. I knew it wasn’t guaranteed or anything, but at least I was hoping for it. Now we are what, 12 weeks or something of clearing Argus weekly, and not one person in our raid has one. It means my chances are as good as zero. Now I wish it was never in the game, rather then seeing it only on some lfr alts and losing all hope to not even getting it myself, but just seeing it drop once in our raid group.
    As people said earlier, it is not all that groundbreaking for it to be so rare. Although if it was, we all would be even more frustrated I guess.

Deleted
    Having it at 2% would feel even worse because then a 10-20% of chars would have it and it would get to a point where you'd be expected to link it to join some PUG or be recruited to high-end guild....you'd also be probably expected to run 2-3 chars and keep the one that has it.

It's better as a 0.5% item.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashforcash View Post
    i say "hi"i to the player that dont do m+ on 20+ keys regular
    huh? /10 chars

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    huh? /10 chars
    Maybe he forgot that pantheon proc only works in raid? That's assuming this is actually "you don't appreciate ATV because you don't run hard content" type of post.