Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    not wanting to make your own +15 pugs is just laziness, there is no other excuse.

If you can't raid, why do you need an ilvl that high anyway?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Because the game is fundamentally about progressing your character? Those are such dumb questions.

Anyway people always take for granted how much of a difference social infrastructure/connections make. I've barely raided anything this entire expansion, but having 5-6 friends to do m+ with I still have two characters at 965. But now that people are bored and not playing much, getting a third one to that level is significantly more challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Why do you want better ilvl if you don't want to raid?
    It's a progression game. Everyone wants to progress.
    Btw, we're aready a full xpac beyond 'raid or die' endgame. Why are you still spouting 2015 drivel?

Many comments of if you cant raid why the need for higher ilvl, simple answer which i have already said is i cannot get invited to +10 not to mention +15 with my current ilvl, if i could get my ilvl up to a point where i would get invites for +10 and above i would be happy

Thanks for reading and input all

I don't want to be that guy,

but

if you're not raiding why do you need a high ilvl? 940 is above Throne normal. Higher gear is rewarded from doing higher content, if you can't do it you shouldn't get it. Keystones are an option to go forward, but it'll be slow and tedious, but frankly I think that's being over generous.

I don't want to be harsh but it's like me expecting to get a masters degree for doing my undergraduate or working a minimum wage job then expecting the bosses wage.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    My main is 971(with highest ilvl gear) and people are not inviting me sometimes for +15...

Argumenting that I have low score. Which is pretty much stupid, because I avoid some mythic+ dungeons(such as the one from argus or HOV), but I still have done that exact dungeons they're looking DPS for on the higher levels.
    That's always been the story with DPS. If they give an ilvl threshold they really want either a 'higher' level from a DPS or a specific class/role (lust/lock/hunter)

I've found I can stroll into any m+ I want as a Blood DK, but if I want to play Frost (with almost a 3k raider io in the role) I struggle getting into 15s

End of the day: Fuck PUGs and either find some friends or guild to run with, buy a carry, or try to get into a twitch.tv carry group

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Because the game is fundamentally about progressing your character? Those are such dumb questions.
    Not they aren't. Behavior like this is basically the rat pushing a lever to get more food. Gear is about power. Power is only needed to accomplish things. At 940 nothing in the world will be much of a challenge, so...

Now... if someone's saying "I want to do X content (M+ at over 15, whatever) and I'm seeing my gear level as a barrier... how do I get better gear so I can do that content..." that's very different. Not what I heard in the OP but... eh.
    Last edited by clevin; 2018-03-14 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    It's a progression game. Everyone wants to progress.
    Btw, we're aready a full xpac beyond 'raid or die' endgame. Why are you still spouting 2015 drivel?
    Then they can start raiding or do high rating pvp. You want a game where you progress doing trivial solo content?

And sorry to burst your bubble but the game has never changed one bit about raid or die endgame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    My main is 971(with highest ilvl gear) and people are not inviting me sometimes for +15...
    Probably because your M+ score is really low.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Everyone knows that LFR gear always max level titanforges and LFR heroes have higher ilevel than real raiders.

Just kidding, but it wouldn't surprise me to see that line of thinking on this forum.
    I've had my fair share of mythic ilvl gear from LFR, though this is across multiple characters so the chances are higher haha. It's mostly mythic raiders that complain about and i'll admit, ive expressed my opinions on the whole titanforge system before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Probably because your M+ score is really low.
    anything lower than 2k and its no inv, kind of like curve

pvp if you aren't trash

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Efioanaes View Post
    Yes im focusing on assassination rogue lately, this weeks chest gave me a 940 relic.
    You say do +15, thats the thing nobody will inv me to them unless i get a higher ilvl , its a vicious circle :P
    You need to use your own key then and make your own groups. Group finder tool is very easy for this and while you may be someone who doesn't form groups because of some preconceived stress or shyness it is rather simple and there's not a whole lot of communication that needs to go on. Typically the tank will lead anyways. Give it a shot

Quote Originally Posted by Efioanaes View Post
    So im a playing on and off since release but as with each time i return to the game i hit a wall where unless i commit to raiding i cant progress anymore.
    I simply dont have the time to commit to raiding, yes some evenings i might be lucky to have time but again i might have to leave at the drop of the hat, real life kids etc basically so raiding is more or less not an option.

Unless i raid am i really left with nothing else to do?
    I have all classes at 110 and the ones i enjoy sitting at 930-940 ilvl.
    Mythic+ dungeons seem to be my only option but even still i cant seem to get better ilvl to get into groups for 15+ unless i raid.
    Alliance classes have kept me busy the last few weeks but now ive that wall again and considering unsubbing yet again.
    How should i be trying to get a decent ilvl to take on 15+?
    That gap between 940 to 960 seems to be impossible without raiding, or am i missing something?
    I do both raiding and M+. My life is not as busy as you. But I can tell you that M+ geared me way faster than raiding. I got to like 962 with basically only M+ and then lowered that ilvl by getting tier pieces that were all lower than my M+ gear (but in the end it's an upgrade because of set bonus obviously).
    What I'm saying is M+ can get your ilvl up pretty fast you just have to do it right and do it a lot. Raiding is extremely limited, you only have 1 heroic raid a week (I doubt you do mythic based on what you're saying, and normal gives shit ilvl so heroic is the only viable option in this situation) but you have an amount of M+ only limited by the amount of time you play.

Join the groups you can join and you'll get stuff eventually, do LFR and hope for titanforge shit, try to replace your lowest piece with argulite items in the vindicaar, see what boss drops the better upgrades for you and use your seals there to give you an extra chance. There's a bunch of different little things you can do, nothing is miraculous and we can't get everything in life. You may not have a 970+ ilvl character but you have kids, that counts for more than ilvl that will be irrelevant in the next xpack lol.

I tank M+ on my DK and he is within a few ilvls of my Mage that I raid heroic on. If you want to do group content - please find a friendly and reliable guild. We cleared +12 with a completely new character who had no ilvl and was a pure carry. We got him a +15 done in time that same week. It's easy to do, but VERY difficult to find the right people who are willing to invite others.
    Last edited by Kelathos; 2018-03-14 at 08:03 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    I've had my fair share of mythic ilvl gear from LFR, though this is across multiple characters so the chances are higher haha. It's mostly mythic raiders that complain about and i'll admit, ive expressed my opinions on the whole titanforge system before.

- - - Updated - - -

anything lower than 2k and its no inv, kind of like curve
    You're most likely an outlier then yes. Normal averages out to 1 piece of decently TFed (Mythic base or high) gear per tier, Heroic is around 3. LFR is like hitting the lottery. Normal raid number comes from Blizzard, Heroic number comes from personal observation in my own raids and through checking lots of armories from heroic raiders. You're infinitely more likely to get Mythic level gear from M+ than from lower raid titanforges. But yeah even in my own Mythic raid guild we have whiners who don't understand probability. It's a little scary but whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can try mythic+, just don't expect to get invites at your ilvl.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Wow, I read the first few comments and all I could think was... huh?

I play pretty much exclusively solo, with the occasional LFR or group-finder greater invasion portal. I have done no Normal raids since Emerald Nightmare and have exactly one M+9 under my belt (and we didn't finish that in time). My Warlock (Beelzebubba on A52 if you want to look him up) is at ilvl 943. Further, he has several slots that could still be upgraded if I can get drops from the portal bosses.

Here's how:
    1. Relinquished gear. More relinquished gear. Yep, more. You'll need a lot to get the Titanforged procs necessary to build your score. You're really looking for 930+ items here, but anything with a higher score than what you already have and good secondary stats will help.
    2. Greater Invasion Portal drops. Make sure you have a Seal to use on these every week, as you're likely to go a few weeks at a time without a gear drop.
    3. LFR Antorus if you like, but you really only care if the item Titanforges or maybe a set item, so this is spotty. At least with the Relinquished gear you can pick the slot. The good is that most LFR runs take 30 minutes or less.
    4. World Quests (TF, of course)
    5. If you like, you can run M+. You'll need M+10 (I think that's right) to get at least 930 gear from the dungeon, but the weekly chest will be higher. (My one +9 weekly chest got me a TF proc to 950, so yay!)

I will say that, to a degree, I believe Nalorakk is right. If you're not raiding or doing M+, there's very little need for higher than 940. I'll admit that Warlock is OP for soloing, but my 935 SPriest and 936 Rogue are both fine doing just about anything I want. And I'm not nearly as good a player as I used to be.

Deleted
    The "gap" you're missing is putting in the time and commitment to bring your toons to a level where they're carrying their own weight at m+15.
    It's not at all hard to break this imaginary 940 ilvl wall. You just got to put in the time to do so - by raiding ABT normal, or doing +/- +10 m+.
    It's obvious you're not willing to do so. You want to hang back at your low ilvl and get carried by geared people through +15's to have them increase your ilvl with you not carrying your own weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can still get some nasty titanforge procs from low keystones. Just continue to grind out m+ until your ilvl increases. I know plenty of people that don't raid and have 970+ ilvl from doing m+.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.