Thread: Can you Dance?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I can dance salsa, boogaloo, merengue and bachata, and if forced to under gunpoint, reggaeton as well.
    Reggaeton is super easy. It's barely anything. People just throw themselves on the floor for no reason when Reggaeton comes on.

I dance because girls like to dance, I even took lessons.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I dance because girls like to dance, I even took lessons.
    Are you 50?

Yes, I love dancing, even went to a dance school as a kid

I know how to dance some weird dances, for instance, many moons ago I used to be a gabber fan, so I know how to hakken properly >_> Nowadays I dance to a much slower music, 140-170BPM, so my styles of choice are shuffle and dnbstep, sometimes I go even slower, so cwalk becomes an option then. I greatly favour dances which involve a lot of leg movement.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-03-14 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    I like to think I can

But I probably look like an autistic epileptic on day release to a primary school disco

Deleted
    Yes I dance Standard/Latin:
    Slow Walz, Viennese Walz, European Tango, Slowfox, Foxtrott, Discofox, ChaChaCha, Rumba, Samba, Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, Reggaeton, Tango Argentino, Paso Doble and Pachanga

I also give lessons
    Last edited by mmocc76bbedc6a; 2018-03-15 at 08:03 AM.

Yes, I dance very well, or at least I think I do. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I can after a few drinks, does that count?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Kind of. I mean anyone can slow dance so that doesn't count.

Despite enjoying a lot of Hip-Hop music, the best I can manage is a in time sway/bounce. I have no ability or agility to 'tear the floor up' like some women I see at shows or in clubs. Which is a goddamn mystery to me considering I am fairly fit, do yoga and yet I see these clearly overweight women doing like one handed handstands while gyrating every muscle in their body or doing a split with their upper and lower body seemingly moving to two different rhythms. How in the fuck- I bent down for a Lego about 30 minutes ago I am still resting in recovery as I type this now. It's a mystery that has not revealed itself to me since middle school.

That said, I can dance pretty good salsa, meringue and bachata. Latin dance is easy because there is a lot less bounce to the music and the beat is like a machine gun. It's just fast footwork and hip sway. Also my husband is Puerto Rican and he and the family taught me a lot of dances.

I can also, 'step'. But that's because I am old.
    Hahaha uh that's pretty goddamn good for not much hehehe

I think movement has more to do with how you do it rather than anything else, Beyonce is a pretty good example.

Not sure if she is the best dancer, but her movement in videos shows a variety of styles.

Although not all dance is the same, all of it requires rhythm, You are a heavy metal fan right, how would one dance to that?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Although not all dance is the same, all of it requires rhythm, You are a heavy metal fan right, how would one dance to that?
    Mosh Pits are the heavy metal version of dance floors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plagueshard801 View Post
    Mosh Pits are the heavy metal version of dance floors.
    I never been to a mosh pit, so I'll have to google hehe
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Reggaeton is super easy. It's barely anything. People just throw themselves on the floor for no reason when Reggaeton comes on.
    I feel very strongly against reggaeton as a musical genre, but it certainly can have some style and nuance to its dance. What I've seen is Americans and Europeans dancing a grotesque and overly graphic version of it because they can't notice there are better ways to do it.

I cannot dance. For some reason dancing on a dance floor or at events with dancing makes me suuuppppeeerrr uncomfortable (not other people dancing, just the thought of me dancing). You would think I could rhythmically move my body considering I'm a musician, but it's just not something I can do. However, get me on a stage behind the drum set or with a bass/guitar in my hands and I'll move and groove like a mad man.

I can headbang, does that count?