Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    No such thing as unskilled labor. Only people whose skills people like you don't value.
    No they actually classify labor into skilled and unskilled. Someone working at McDonalds or a warehouse doing stocking would be considered unskilled labor while someone working as an electrician or framer would be considered skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    Hes not a leeching Piece of Shit who just inherited like 99% of all Rich People. He actually did something so im ok with him earning lot of Money even if i dont understand why someone needs this Amount

He hit the Jackpot with his Amazon Idea
    I totally thought of ripping off states for sales tax before he did it. The only reason he got to do it first was because I have morals and ethics and chose not to implement my ideas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    There is no economic issue, the more wealth any person has the better. In order to maintain wealth more people are needed on a daily basis in order to prevent depreciation. If the rich person just wants to sit on their wealth that is fine but they will always lose out to active entrepreneurs.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Good joke.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I totally thought of ripping off states for sales tax before he did it. The only reason he got to do it first was because I have morals and ethics and chose not to implement my ideas.
    every big fucking company is evading taxes left and right... just take a look at apple

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Good joke.
    Google the richest people in the world. Only a small fraction of them inherited their billion(s) and sit on their wealth. New money now beats old money and that trend will accelerate as long as technology advances. If society stagnates in the future then it would go back to old money dominating.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Google the richest people in the world. Only a small fraction of them inherited their billion(s) and sit on their wealth. New money now beats old money and that trend will accelerate as long as technology advances. If society stagnates in the future then it would go back to old money dominating.
    I take comfort in knowing that 5 people every decade will become obscenely wealthy.

As far as the rest of the market, it gets squashed by those 5 people. This new money you talk of tends to do everything in its power not to out compete competitors, because that would actually cut into their bottom line. No, they just use their enormous political sway and influence to squish everyone else.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    As far as the rest of the market, it gets squashed by those 5 people. This new money you talk of tends to do everything in its power not to out compete competitors, because that would actually cut into their bottom line.
    New money constantly tries to outcompete competitors. Everyone does that, it's simply that new money did it better more recently.

No, they just use their enormous political sway and influence to squish everyone else.
    That's good if they work in their own rational interest. Of course it's bad if they use the government to give them special treatment. That's a big challenge in our two party system, a Democrat may favor a solar company, a Republican may favor an oil company. Getting a 100% unbiased market is difficult or impossible, but the current market is not so stifling that a shitty big business can't fail and that new startups can't succeed.

In a case like Google they straight up buy out all their competitors and they don't even care that much about getting a good deal. That's bad for ambitious startups but it's not that big of a deal overall. So long as they keep plowing money into expansion, research, development, and moonshots they still deserve to be the industry leader.
    Last edited by PC2; 2018-03-14 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    every big fucking company is evading taxes left and right... just take a look at apple
    That's not what I said. In the early days they did not charge state sales tax on purchases online. This added to charging less at the expense of company profits allowed them to build a competitive advantage at the expense of local businesses. Without that they might not have become the business they are today.

And it also helps that they've always been perfectly willing to dodge other forms of taxation and exploit their workers.