Californian teacher teaching gun safety.... what can go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I am strongly pro 2nd Amendment, but of course Trump is a fucking moron, and the idea of let's just arm teachers was just as moronic. Every person in the world should not have a gun, and if we should just randomly arm teachers, we might as well just arm everyone including the students.

It was a stupid ideas, just as banning more guns is just as useless. There are no easy solutions, which is why this is a problem, nobody wants to invest in what the problem is out of fear of being too PC or some shit.

The reason this is in the news is because of another shooting, the reason there are so many shootings is because in schools like in the rest of the country there is a serious problem, where people want to murder one another, and no longer have any consideration for other human beings.

That isn't going to be fixed by legislation alone, or stupid ideas like arming all the teachers.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I am really curious how a reserve police officer was checking his gun to see if it was loaded that led to it going off, and in what direction he was pointing it that led to students being injured.

Course I guess the better question is why bother using a loaded gun at all in that environment, just bring an empty loaded with snap caps or something.
    Last edited by Casterbridge; 2018-03-14 at 08:07 PM.

"Mr Alexander was planning to use the gun to demonstrate of how to disarm someone." Those students are lucky he didn't shoot the first one up in the face.

They make training guns out of red plastic for a reason. There's no reason to be waving a real gun around in that situation, much less one that's full of bullets with the safety off. (Can't have that safety interfering with your quick draw time, I guess.)

Guns have no place in schools. It's only going to exacerbate the problem. Someone will forget to lock one up, an angry kid will attack a teacher from behind and grab it, etc.

Why the fuck was it loaded if he was going to demonstrate how to disarm someone?

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have had teachers with guns there...

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    I am really curious how a reserve police officer was checking his gun to see if it was loaded that led to it going off, and in what direction he was pointing it that led to students being injured.
    The article says the officer shot the ceiling, the 3 injured were injured by "falling debris or bullet fragments".

Course I guess the better question is why bother using a loaded gun at all in that environment, just bring an empty loaded with snap caps or something.
    Right, you don't. There's training guns (solid plastic) for these sort of activities and also fake bullets/ snap caps to demonstrate safe loading/ unloading.

It's also California, so I can't believe they gave even a cop permission to show gun anything.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    welcome to california.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

gun safety taught by someone who's clearly fucking useless with a gun.

what's next? sex education taught by a serial rapist? lmfao. this is just embarrassing for all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    gun safety taught by someone who's clearly fucking useless with a gun.

what's next? sex education taught by a serial rapist? lmfao. this is just embarrassing for all involved.
    More like sex ed by someone who is a 50 years old virgin.

I bet he did it unpurpose as an agent for the democrats.
    I do not doubt the left is willing to hurt children to destroy freedom anymore.