Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    There's a weird quirk I've noticed about the supporters of Dumbass Donnie Dump (well, one of many TBH). They seem to be the ones who get fed a weird made-up phrase using just a buzz word and a name and somehow can translate it mentally to mean something.

Case in point right here - What the fuck is a "Pelosi Liberal"!? I get the association with Democrats somehow with being "liberal"... but they tack on "Pelosi" on it as if it's some sort of extreme modifier. I assume they're implying "Oh, this isn't just a liberal... it's a PELOSI (Read: VERY EXTREME) Liberal!" and, again, somehow the Dumpsters can mentally translate "Pelosi" into meaning "VERY EXTREME"?

I don't get it. I really don't. =/

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    What the fuck is a "Pelosi Liberal"!? I get the association with Democrats somehow with being "liberal"... but they tack on "Pelosi" on it as if it's some sort of extreme modifier. They're like they're implying "Oh, this isn't just a liberal... it's a VERY EXTREME Liberal!" and, again, somehow the Dumpsters can mentally translate "Pelosi" into meaning "VERY EXTREME".
    No, you got it. That's pretty much it from what I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    What's next weeks lotto numbers? (Admittedly not Trump).
    Just like there were abnormalities in Alabama voting.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Pelosi is just a buzzword Republicans toss around at their uneducated voter base. Apparently the thought of an old white woman in a seat of power scares the slack-jawed yokels so badly that they get worked into a frenzy.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how the narrative of "LOL, Dems barely won how embarrassing" has been resoundingly defeated by the GOP itself.

"Regardless of who ultimately wins, this is not a good result for the GOP. Look for more retirements to come."

Doug Heye, former RNC spokesman

“We got our ass kicked. It’s what the political prognosticators called a good ol’ fashioned ass-kicking."

Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA)

“Also the Democrat in the race really embraced the president’s policies and his vision whereas he didn’t really embrace Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic leader."

The new guy, who clearly didn't see the ad linked above.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Pelosi is just a buzzword Republicans toss around at their uneducated voter base. Apparently the thought of an old white woman in a seat of power scares the slack-jawed yokels so badly that they get worked into a frenzy.
    I guess that's what I'm saying - they can just throw out a name and somehow it can somehow automatically translate to ZOMG WORSE. I mean, I don't see anybody (yet) saying things like "John Christianbuddy is a Ryan Conservative"!

7+ Year Old Account
    If there were "voting irregularities" they were in favor of the republicans.

Don't forget, this "election" was still using the gerrymandered maps that were specifically drawn to stop poor people and black people from voting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Don't forget, this "election" was still using the gerrymandered maps that were specifically drawn to stop poor people and black people from voting.
    The Republicans are reportedly asking for the voting machines themselves to be subpoena'd and examined. They're also butthurt that they weren't allowed to have their lawyers oversee the ballot counting, because they only thought to ask that day, not ahead of time as per usual. They had to watch from the door, apparently that wasn't good enough.

"What about the Democratic lawyers and/or vote counters?"

They didn't really have any. Read into that what you will.

10+ Year Old Account
    $9 million for a temporary seat that they lost in a district that was historically a guaranteed win.

I think I'd be salty about it too. INB4 they start talking about Russian meddling.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    $9 million for a temporary seat that they lost in a district that was historically a guaranteed win.

I think I'd be salty about it too. INB4 they start talking about Russian meddling.
    Trump won and he still talks about how Hillary was getting help from Russia, so I'm sure we'll see all the "Russian meddling" nonsense from Trump on this.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

Basically, expect a conservative appeal for liberal ideology. More of, abortion is bad, but forcing government on people is also bad.
    I don't, for an instant, believe that Trump is smart enough to pull that sort of tactic off.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The Democrat was a openly professed atheist. And in a pretty heavy bible believing State for one.

I am not down playing Lamb's victory. I felt he could very well win before the election. But I am not so sure a Democrat would have there if they had been a radical Pelosi type candidate. He seems to be a very likable moderate candidate, who is more what the Democrats use to be. My opinion of course.

The Democrats have a right to celebrate as this is a big win for them. But they also need to understand why they won. And it was not a anti-Trump win as some seem to think.
    One of the steps for atheism to gain traction as something viable and acceptable to do... is to go through the process of running for such offices and getting our butts kicked. After a while, people just get used to us running for offices like Senate, and eventually we will start winning some.

Trump and his supporters have made it quite clear that they completely hate my guts due to me being an atheist, and you seem happy to support this hatred. I am ok with it, having lived with it for my whole life. But little by little atheism is gaining traction as an acceptable way to live life in America. One step at a time. ITS ABOUT TIME!!!

If I only lacked a conscience I could be making serious bank posing as a Professional Right-Wing Dipshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post

If I only lacked a conscience I could be making serious bank posing as a Professional Right-Wing Dipshit.
    ughghghgh how can people like this be real

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Trump's rabid fanbase is trying something, anything, to somehow convince themselves they didn't make a mistake.

We're out of Denial, and into Bargaining. Have been for a while, this is just another facet. "Oh, I'll accept a Pelosi Liberal, he's clearly siding with Trump so that means Trump wins"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

It’s good spin... because DNC didn’t need to campaign for democrats. He only needed to campaign for Republicans and independents, because Trump does that work for them. This campaign is foreshadowing that DNC will be appealing to the right and letting Trump campaign to get the left on board.

Basically, expect a conservative appeal for liberal ideology. More of, abortion is bad, but forcing government on people is also bad.
    It's reminiscent of what Clinton was doing at the start of the main election before she stopped trying and did stupid stuff like skip Pennsylvania to push for Arizona.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    They are parodies of themselves at this point.

Anything to avoid admitting their policies and Orange Messiah suck I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    NBC News lays out the details of what a GOP challenge to their increasingly likely loss would require. An excerpt:

A recount can only be triggered if three voters from a precinct file a petition within five days of the canvass beginning. In this case, the clock would start Friday. But Saccone's campaign can't ask for it — the recount petitions must be filed by voters, not candidates. However, in the past, candidates have identified voters to file complaints.

That canvass process usually concludes by Wednesday morning, according to Kevin Greenberg, a Democratic election lawyer based in Philadelphia who is the former general counsel for the city's board of elections.

If the voters successfully file their petitions, then the board of elections in each county would oversee the recount process. The recount would resemble Friday's canvass, Greenberg said.

"In my practice, I have never seen a recount procedure move dozens or hundreds of votes," Greenberg told NBC News. "The kinds of mistakes that get caught when we review the votes in the canvass in this process may be one or three or five, but it’s not 600."

10+ Year Old Account
    Before the election they were calling him Pelosi-Lite. Now they're saying he ran as a Republican. It's rather gobsmacking but very definitely demonstrates that they think their base are morons who can't remember yesterday.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Considering that dumbass is an alt-right conspiracy theorist that promoted Pizzagate, it really isn't surprising that he is that retarded. What is really retarded, is that he has Whitehouse press credentials