Page 37 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Vulpera will happen before Sethrak.
    There is no way gear will look even slightly good with that stretched out neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    90% you don't need to be loud, it was going to happen anyway.
    Blizzard can always disappoint us by doing something else, at this point I've dug my heels in for sethrak even over other reptile races that have more obvious counterparts to the worgen model (dragonmen/Saurok)

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Blizzard can always disappoint us by doing something else, at this point I've dug my heels in for sethrak even over other reptile races that have more obvious counterparts to the worgen model (dragonmen/Saurok)
    Well, think about it:

- They look awesome and quite playable, although only one variation so far.
    - Mostly use Worgen skeleton.
    - We needed a reptilian race.
    - We needed a morally grey/evil looking race on Alliance.
    - They are in conflict with Vulpera, and Vulpera is very likely an Allied race.
    - Their zone is the entry point for the Alliance on Zandalar.
    - Alliance is still missing a fourth druid race, and this is probably it.
    - Blizzard likely can't pass on the chance to use "For S-s-s-s-s-s-s-stormwind!" as a joke.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but it looks pretty telegraphed to me.

What you're saying makes a lot of sense, but their models don't reflect the idea that they're an inevitable addition to the allied race lineup. I don't think they were ever intended to be playable, and I'll still be somewhat surprised if they turn out to be.

So, I think it's a good thing that people make it known they'd like to see them added. Besides, Ion even said he'd love to know what people want. Why not be loud in this case? As long as it's respectful, I don't see a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Starling View Post
    What you're saying makes a lot of sense, but their models don't reflect the idea that they're an inevitable addition to the allied race lineup. I don't think they were ever intended to be playable, and I'll still be somewhat surprised if they turn out to be.

So, I think it's a good thing that people make it known they'd like to see them added. Besides, Ion even said he'd love to know what people want. Why not be loud in this case? As long as it's respectful, I don't see a problem.
    By all means. I think they're really cool too. I'm just saying I would be really surprised if they weren't set up at least at the same time as Vulpera. The state of the model right now is irrelevant, as they might not even be released with 8.0, but rather 8.1 or 8.2, depending on what Blizzard has planned out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also keep in mind Vulpera's first model was not player quality at all. Then like over night they got this brand new one. Alpha seems more focused on horde stuff right now but we could see the same treatment for Sethrak soon. For me, it makes the most sense story wise for them to be the counter for Vulpera. We just need to see some in game proof to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    I'd love to see you stick them in a variety of tier and levelling gear to show how they'd look, but that'd likely edge on a bit too much work.

Also pinging you again @Vail, I've seen folk on the main forum discussion using the side-view thing too, may be good to silence them with that.
    Huh?
    Last edited by Vail; 2018-03-15 at 01:40 AM.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post

Huh?
    Bit late, Gado did a front-view of how the Sethrak'd look in helmets a few pages back, since I can't post on the official forums I figured I'd ping you to put it up on there

Deleted
    well kul tiran's are now druids, also one of the dungeons is quite interesting(Heroic: The Temple of Sethraliss (New) Restore the Avatar of Sethraliss in the Temple of Sethraliss on Heroic difficulty or higher. 10 points.) well i guess we are going to heavily support are snaky bros b restoring sethraliss.

Could someone do my a favor, and give me a TL;DR or links to the content that involves Alliance friendly Sethrak? I've heard people mentioning that Sethrak are involved in Alliance settlements somehow but I couldn't find any information. If that's true, then it would certainly lend credence to the theory that Sethrak on the Alliance would counter the Vulpera on the Horde. It would make sense, both lorewise, as well as Vulpera using the Goblin rig while the Sethrak use the Worgen one.

Quote Originally Posted by slumberingserpent View Post
    well kul tiran's are now druids, also one of the dungeons is quite interesting(Heroic: The Temple of Sethraliss (New) Restore the Avatar of Sethraliss in the Temple of Sethraliss on Heroic difficulty or higher. 10 points.) well i guess we are going to heavily support are snaky bros b restoring sethraliss.
    The question to ask now, does it have a normal version?

Both factions are getting 4 levelling dungeons for their own native continents before they cross over, if Sethraliss is Heroic only it means it's a 120 dungeon that either Alliance OR Horde could claim to be the canon victors of, if it's horde only it casts their potential relationship with alliance into question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Could someone do my a favor, and give me a TL;DR or links to the content that involves Alliance friendly Sethrak? I've heard people mentioning that Sethrak are involved in Alliance settlements somehow but I couldn't find any information. If that's true, then it would certainly lend credence to the theory that Sethrak on the Alliance would counter the Vulpera on the Horde. It would make sense, both lorewise, as well as Vulpera using the Goblin rig while the Sethrak use the Worgen one.
    Currently the most proof we really have to offer is that the Alliance's entry point into Zandalar in within a stone's throw of Vorikk's base where the friendly Sethrakk are, and as of the last time we saw a beta map, there was an Alliance-only Flight Path there with no Horde-only flight path to balance it out.

Also the Vulpera heckle and thief from the Alliance's port and you go out and kill them in retaliation, so their first interaction with them is getting off on the wrong foot.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2018-03-15 at 05:19 AM.

Deleted
    the sethrak dungeon, the info shows heroic and mythic that all i can see but i found there are new sethrak themed weapons one crystal like Glaive and the others are more Glaives but the model is the skull of the mount of a sethrak. also the zanalari druid forms now have animations.

Made something for fun

The Lich King would be against that. Cold-blooded species move slowly in the cold, if they don't shut down entirely. They aren't like Dragons with fire/magic to keep them going in the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    The Lich King would be against that. Cold-blooded species move slowly in the cold, if they don't shut down entirely. They aren't like Dragons with fire/magic to keep them going in the cold.
    I wonder if being undead would counteract it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have this thread up if you're interested.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...?page=1#post-2
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Thinking about it more, the last thing I would want is for female sethrak to have breasts and other mammalian features. I think playing a reptile race should come with the experience of well, being a reptile.

Besides, think of how interesting Blizzard could make the sethrak birth/lifestyle. I don't know much about snakes, but it would be interesting if they were raised in hatcheries and taught combat from a little after they hatch. Argh, now I really want to see a baby sethrak!

Really, all animalistic races should be at least a little animal in behavior...

Yeah, that whole Alliance settlement thing is my fault, I guess. I went through and gathered up a list of named sethrak, and after I posted it somewhere, someone misinterpreted it as it being a list of friendly sethrak found at an Alliance flight path. There's at least three or so friendly characters among those names, but we have no idea where they're placed yet.

What we do have is some circumstantial support to seed sethrak as the Alliance counter to vulpera, including:
    - Sethrak are well-disguised female worgen, so adapting them into a player model shouldn't be too hard if they so choose
    - Alliance's most successful foothold in Zandalar is in Vol'dun, and it's a stone's throw away from the Temple of Sethraliss
    - Alliance's interactions with vulpera are mostly hostile, either as pirates in Kul Tiras or "rat-faced thieves" at Stoneshatter Harbor in Vol'dun (EDIT: Those thieves are dinosaurs, not vulpera! My bad.)
    - Alliance has a flight path to Slithering Gulch that looks a lot like a place you'd see built up over the course of a storyline
    - Both factions restore the Avatar of Sethraliss, but both factions also saved the Nighthold
    - What's this place, anyway?

Alliance otherwise lacks an easy answer to the prospect of Horde vulpera, but with their addition likely being pretty far off, it's not like there isn't plenty of time to come up with one. If we assume BFA will end with a total of twelve new allied races, and we also assume vulpera are one of those, then we have three left to figure out. The only skeletons that haven't been adapted yet are: worgen, undead, and gnomes. Since goblins and worgen need a model update, and vulpera and sethrak are based on them both, it seems smart to do them all at once, but I'll admit again to having no idea how development actually works.
    Last edited by Mutineer; 2018-03-16 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Starling View Post
    Yeah, that whole Alliance settlement thing is my fault, I guess. I went through and gathered up a list of named sethrak, and after I posted it somewhere, someone misinterpreted it as it being a list of friendly sethrak found at an Alliance flight path. There's at least three or so friendly characters among those names, but we have no idea where they're placed yet.

What we do have is some circumstantial support to seed sethrak as the Alliance counter to vulpera, including:
    - Sethrak are well-disguised female worgen, so adapting them into a player model shouldn't be too hard if they so choose
    - Alliance's most successful foothold in Zandalar is in Vol'dun, and it's a stone's throw away from the Temple of Sethraliss
    - Alliance's interactions with vulpera are mostly hostile, either as pirates in Kul Tiras or "rat-faced thieves" at Stoneshatter Harbor in Vol'dun
    - Alliance has a flight path to Slithering Gulch that looks a lot like a place you'd see built up over the course of a storyline
    - Both factions restore the Avatar of Sethraliss, but both factions also saved the Nighthold
    - What's this place, anyway?

Alliance otherwise lacks an easy answer to the prospect of Horde vulpera, but with their addition likely being pretty far off, it's not like there isn't plenty of time to come up with one. If we assume BFA will end with a total of twelve new allied races, and we also assume vulpera are one of those, then we have three left to figure out. The only skeletons that haven't been adapted yet are: worgen, undead, and gnomes. Since goblins and worgen need a model update, and vulpera and sethrak are based on them both, it seems smart to do them all at once, but I'll admit again to having no idea how development actually works.
    Awesome, thanks! I agree, the circumstancial evidence so far definitely supports a Sethrak Alliance Allied Race opposite to the Vulpera. If we see any evidence of the Horde interacting with the Vulpera on Kul Tiras, to sabotage the Alliance and what not, it would definitely seal the deal for me.

One issue though, is that while the Sethrak Males use the female Worgen rig, would the female Sethrak use the Male Worgen rig? I'm not ruling it out completely, it's weird but it could work, lol.

Awesome, thanks! I agree, the circumstancial evidence so far definitely supports a Sethrak Alliance Allied Race opposite to the Vulpera. If we see any evidence of the Horde interacting with the Vulpera on Kul Tiras, to sabotage the Alliance and what not, it would definitely seal the deal for me.

One issue though, is that while the Sethrak Males use the female Worgen rig, would the female Sethrak use the Male Worgen rig? I'm not ruling it out completely, it's weird but it could work, lol.
    My understanding is both male and female vulpera are sharing the male goblin rig since they added tails to them.

I think male and female sethrak could just share the female worgen rig. Avatar of Sethraliss only has some subtle differences from the males if you ignore the extra spines and glows, so I can see them sharing a rigging at the end of the day.

Deleted
    Welp no announcement in the Q&A...infact that was pretty much useless...answering a lot of questions they'd already answered before but hey.

Vulpera and Sethrak not mentioned so...who knows...