Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    They're nice bonus, but having mounts/toys as a reward is just pure blasphemy.

They should give gold/resources/materials/just some bonus items that you can already acquire from other sources.

They should be treated as BONUS.
    I am also of this opinion. Sure it's nice getting mounts but that just triggers my inner conpletionist and makes me lvl more alts to funnel rep tokens to 1 char.
    IronVan the Van of Steel

im with everyone else, no random toys/mounts.

less rng please, i don't care if its 250k rep i need to grind, because thats not rng it's a known figure. sure opening 3 paragon boxes and getting a mount feels great.

downside opening 57 paragon boxes from 1 faction and getting 0 mounts, yup thats 570k rep and no mount, just feels stupid.

Yeah. Either no mounts or a higher droprate plus bad luck protection. Leveling reps past exalted should reward a fun little bonus, it shouldn't feel this bad. It shouldn't be mandatory for collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by sagape View Post
    I don't entirely dislike them, some extra gold and resources are nice, however, after 800+ caches opened I've only got the Warden's toy, Court of Farondis's mount and Army of the Light's toy. And man, as a collector I feel very wearing to keep grinding reputation in order to hope that the next cache will have one of the vanity rewards. Personally I think that one of the following options could be good enough:

• Never implement paragon reputations again.
    • Have paragon reputation implemented but only with gold, expansion resources or something like that.
    • Implement the paragon system with vanity rewards but with a significantly higher chance to drop.

So guys, what do you feel about the paragon rewards?
    All the mounts from the paragon caches should have been rewards for exalted. I don't mind the paragon caches existing, but they should not be the only source (certainly not with a low drop rate) for one of a kind collectables like that. Put azerite, or gold, or not-order resources, or whatever in them, don't have there be nothing of note as a reward for getting exalted, and then lock the reward that should have been for getting exalted behind getting lucky after farming another 50,000 rep or however long it takes to get the mount.

I would but since patch 7.35 (when I got an addon that actually tracks such things) i've done 40 army of the light Paragon rep chests and still don't have the 3rd mount (I got the 1st 2 before 7.35). Also since patch 7.35 i've done 15 Nightfallen paragon rep chests without getting the carpet mount... In total i've probably done 2-3 times that many for both factions.

I only got the Valarjar mount a couple of weeks ago (and got it a 2nd time a couple of chests later) while I got Court of Farondis mount 7-8 times in a similair number of chests which must have been around around 100 by that time.

Rng is ok but some things are a bit excessive. Most people aren't even going to open a quarter of the chests I have and I bet plenty of them get the mounts.

Deleted
    no, they should NEVER ever be back the SHITTY way it was done in legion which is totally a pissing in collectors faces!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the added incentive to keep doing emissaries. But I think the contents of the boxes needs to be adjusted.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they don't contain unique items that can't be collected elsewhere, sure.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Nah, they don't need em. Without legendaries next expansion I know i would have zero reason to worry about them.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    I would rather have more levels pass exalted, like exalted +1 (100,000 rep) +2 (500,000 rep) +3 (1,000,000 rep) ect that give cosmetic rewards rather than it being in an RNG cache. They can keep the paragon caches for rewarding stuff like currencies (eg gold, order resources, curious coins, wakening essences).
    +1
    rather have this guy's system then a totally rng grindfest system

10+ Year Old Account
    yes but with bad luck protection for each indiviual chest, i had like 5 stormheim dragons and still missin carpet and unicorn
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    I like having paragon caches for extra rewards beyond exalted rep, but I think the best way to implement it if they want to continue to have pets/mounts/toys as drops from them would be to also have them buyable from the factions. That way, if you feel like playing the RNG game, you might get it eventually. If you don't want to do that and want to spend 100,000/200,000/whatever for your mount TODAY you can. Personally, I'd play the RNG game for the expansion and if I didn't get a mount I wanted, I'd buy it at the end.

It could satisfy both camps. Those who like the chances at exciting items can keep grinding and trying. Those who just want to buy their mounts/toys can do it and be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Thats just bulshiit. I never focused on rep grind. I dont do WQs everyday. I wait 3 days to get all 3 factions up and just do 12 quests to be done for the next 3 days. Guess what? I have every mount now collected. No way you did not get anything if you farmed like you described this all time.
    You look like another angry exaggerating kid who wanna prove how shiit Blizzard is.
    And according to others, I'm the biggest Blizzard White Knight around, as I tend to be mostly positive.

If you have to view it in the very childish light of "Y happened to me so X couldn't have happened to YOU!!", then be my guest. Don't project your thought process onto me though.
    It's a fact, no matter how much you or others try to alter things with nothing else to go by than your feels and anecdotal evidence.

I've been downright farming for Broken Isles Paragon chests since their introduction, funneling rep tokens from 6/12 alts that are exalted, and none of the mounts nor toy have dropped.

Others have gotten all mounts within the first few boxes opened. It's called RNG, and some of us are unlucky no matter how much time we spend. As someone having immense patience for grinds, I believe that this idea of grind + RNG is horrific, except for those that get lucky.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-03-15 at 12:06 AM.

Maybe if it worked like prestige PvP levels but I was already burned out on world queara before the prestige cache was implemented.

I've got the nightborne mount 3 times. Outside of that I've only knocked armies of legion fall and arguassian reach off the list. If there was so guarantee after so many I wouldn't hate it but the drop rate is far to low for how much work you have to do for it
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

No. They were a pretty terrible system in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    They're nice bonus, but having mounts/toys as a reward is just pure blasphemy.

They should give gold/resources/materials/just some bonus items that you can already acquire from other sources.

They should be treated as BONUS.
    Mounts and toys ARE a bonus.

Paragon chests that give a currency so you can ultimately get what you want if you input the time.

AS others have said, sure, just no mounts/pets.

No mounts and I am ok with them. No mounts tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    No.

Mounts and toys should be available from the faction vendor as a reward for reaching exalted, not locked behind additional grinding with RNG slapped on top.

I've been doing every Paragon reputation religiously since their introduction via emissaries, elite WQ's + funneling rep tokens from alts, and I have NONE of the Broken Isles rewards to show for it.

If the Paragon chests only contained additional resources, then fair enough. Their current iteration is dogshit.
    100% agree with this.

The ugly head of RNG rears again. It's like Blizzard thinks it's crack and they can't break their addiction.

If they're going to force that kind of reward system on us, then bring back the tabard system so we can at least do whatever the hell we're actually interested in while grinding RNG. Put the tabards at exalted if necessary.

Honestly, the entire concept of rep grinding in any form makes me vaguely ill. That garbage should have died in vanilla.