Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    They're mentioning Surge of Light, which means not having lower PoM cooldown... at which point, there's zero difference with Say Your Prayers? Maybe some funky Trail of Light build and huge crit rate for high uptime of +20% healing buff, but it still seems rather convoluted.

About the only advantage I can see is using Surge of Light to proc Pantheon shields - but this requires two random procs to align in order to not destroy your mana pool. All that so a proc can do more than 0.2% healing, doesn't seem worth it.

They mention surge of light in conjunction with the legendary ring :P We can both agree that it's either binding heal or Piety for your main pick. I've played with the talent ring for a while as well (no tier shoulders or chest ment I was locked out of Archbishop's, so I experimented with various legendaries for a while), and I can sort-of agree with the free flashes being useful to buff up PoH in a pinch, but then, BH does the job even better than the ring because it's reliable, and it gives holy the one thing it really doesn't have right now; An ability that you can ABC without killing your mana pool. Here's a recent shivarra log (Note: I am in no way good at holy. I miss my POM cds, I don't heal for a ton; This is just to demonstrate how much you can actually spam BH without destroying your mana).
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...casts&source=3

On coven specifically, it absolutely melts the debuffs - especially if one goes on you (as remember, BH is healing you + 1 random + target):
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...24true%24false

While at the same time building up sanct/serenity stacks.

So while SOL is fun to have through the talent ring if you've got no other choices, prydaz/archbishop for survivability or velens for throughput are still a lot better. In fact if you do go for binding heal, the pants become very attractive as well, because with a longer cd on POM (and thus less POMs out), your renews are less likely to be overwritten so longer renews are "better". It's not a huge deal, but it's still worth noting and probably outshines any benefit SOL has, especially as the class ring lacks a stat budget.

(That said, I did find the constant free SOL procs from spamming binding heal a godsend in M+; Holy often lacks a way to react to heavy single target damage on a tank outside of serenity, because so much of the healing is tied up into a single burst holy word, and a 6 second HOT after the initial hit. Being able to spam BH while no damage was going out due to no mana cost, and "banking" two SOL procs for emergencies was nice. It's my usual go to for dungeons when my cloak is on CD, I have a gear switch to make sure I'm always benefitting from 2 legendaries).

the ring's effect is fine. It's the stat budget on it which makes it worse. With secondaries being so important and rings budget being entire based on it, it feels bad to have a ilvl 1000 ring with a budget of a 940.

Was kinda sad to see that Verdant Embrace, the healer's Argus trinket effect, is not triggered by Binding heal...

Trinket question (as priest is my alt I'm rather unsure about it).

Got Velens, using it. Other slot has two options, a lowlev 900 Sea Star of the DepthMother and a 930 Highfather's Machination... The Sea Star heals for a ton in all PoH spam'o'rama but Highfather is a damn nice trinket too (plus comes with 1300 mastery)... I cant decide which one is best for normal raiding (as it's my alt it wont see HC) and M+ running...

Help would be appreciated!

Got a question about Mage Tower:

I consistently and easily get through the undead waves at the start, but for ALL the times I've gotten to the end, the allies insist on bashing ONE target every time, making it impossible to keep both that target and the spirits healed.

I use Drums and potion at the start along with Apotheosis, and I still sometimes miss one spirit because of them hitting only one guy.

Any tips?

- - - Updated - - -

To note, I've done the challenge on my shaman and monk, and my priest is 920 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Got a question about Mage Tower:

I consistently and easily get through the undead waves at the start, but for ALL the times I've gotten to the end, the allies insist on bashing ONE target every time, making it impossible to keep both that target and the spirits healed.

I use Drums and potion at the start along with Apotheosis, and I still sometimes miss one spirit because of them hitting only one guy.

Any tips?

- - - Updated - - -

To note, I've done the challenge on my shaman and monk, and my priest is 920 ilvl.
    It's been a bit, but let's see...
    You do not need to heal all spirits, in fact it is inadvisable to heal all of them.
    Priorize and let at least one through before you reach the neccessary number of healed spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    It's been a bit, but let's see...
    You do not need to heal all spirits, in fact it is inadvisable to heal all of them.
    Priorize and let at least one through before you reach the neccessary number of healed spirits.
    Yeah, I was thinking that. Also to note is that I sadly have only 2 leggos and they are the boots (worst possible) and the Renew pants.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I was thinking that. Also to note is that I sadly have only 2 leggos and they are the boots (worst possible) and the Renew pants.
    Ouch, very bad leggos indeed.

But as Noradin said, if it's too hard to heal all spirits, try to priorize. Remember, that part ends when you've healed 8 spirits; so let's say you healed all 3 in the first wave (with drums, apotheosis and potion) and in the second wave you only managed to heal 2. Now you either heal all 3 in the 3rd wave, or focus on healing 2 and then in the 4th wave heal just one with all you've got, then the scenario ends. In this case I'm describing, after you heal just one more in the 4th wave the others will disappear; you would do the next part facing only 2 enemies (one that escaped in wave 2 and another in wave 3). IIRC that was exactly how I did this challenge.
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 2018-02-18 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Too many 'g's
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Ouch, very bad leggos indeed.

But as Noradin said, if it's too hard to heal all spirits, try to priorize. Remember, that part ends when you've healed 8 spirits; so let's say you healed all 3 in the first wave (with drums, apotheosis and potion) and in the second wave you only managed to heal 2. Now you either heal all 3 in the 3rd wave, or focus on healing 2 and then in the 4th wave heal just one with all you've got, then the scenario ends. In this case I'm describing, after you heal just one more in the 4th wave the others will disappear; you would do the next part facing only 2 enemies (one that escaped in wave 2 and another in wave 3). IIRC that was exactly how I did this challenge.
    Thank you for your input!

I wasn't going to post an update just not to spam the thread, but since I've been given the chance, here it is:

After another ~5 tries, the same thing kept happening: somehow, immediately after the allies started hitting each other, the poor rogue would get demolished, immediately losing 35% of her health 3 seconds in. I used pretty much everything, GS, Leap of Faith for the healing over time on her and stuff, and still, it wasn't enough. On the try I did it, same thing happened. Somehow, one of them was NEVER struck and was always sitting at 100%. Honestly, even when I did it, I had to spam heal FHs and Serenities through Apotheosis to the fucking allies instead of the spirits, and even then, it still came very close to them dying (<10% HP).

But I did it with those piss poor legendaries.

Before that, and on the same day, I decided to take a break from trying Shadowsong, because I had done it already with my Shaman & Monk and I was getting really fed up with the same shit messing my prelast phase of the scenario, so I actually went ahead and did the discipline challenge with the same leggos (boots and renew pants) and finished that before going in and achieving the Holy one.

Thank you all for your advice and help!

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After another ~5 tries, the same thing kept happening: somehow, immediately after the allies started hitting each other, the poor rogue would get demolished, immediately losing 35% of her health 3 seconds in. I used pretty much everything, GS, Leap of Faith for the healing over time on her and stuff, and still, it wasn't enough. On the try I did it, same thing happened. Somehow, one of them was NEVER struck and was always sitting at 100%. Honestly, even when I did it, I had to spam heal FHs and Serenities through Apotheosis to the fucking allies instead of the spirits, and even then, it still came very close to them dying (<10% HP).
    Well that's very unfortunate.

I don't know what else to say as advice, other than agreeing with you that this challenge is very hard on holy priests. I can't really talk about other healer classes because I don't play them, but I *can* say as a holy priest that this challenge is really hard (it took me more than 100 tries I think; after a while I stopped counting).

I remember the problem you describe, I think I only was able to overcome that after increasing my ilvl (I was around 930 when I finally finished the challenge IIRC). Maybe that can help you? If you still need to spend more time healing the allies instead of the spirits it's a sure thing you won't be able to complete the challenge, sadly

When I managed to won this challenge, I usually kept HW:sanctuary to heal the allies, only needing to spot heal them once in a while. And pumping heals in the spirits as fast as I could.

Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

I did it a few days ago after giving up last month because of the exact same problem as you, one friend being completely obliterated.

Even though I completely overgeared this challenge (967 duuuudz why am I so bad), what I did was :
    - Renew / Artifact talent / Guardian Spirit on the poor mofo focused by Jarod Shadowsong
    - Flash healing spirits with Apotheosis on one by one, but also trying to cast one Flash heal from time to time on the friend abovementioned so that he will benefit from Trails of Light too
    - Sanctuary when spirits were close to hit the boss so that it would hit everyone in range.

I one-shotted this challenge after I got the belt legendary (I don't have many healing legendaries), which boosts holy word spells by up to 50% when you trigger Serendipity out of cooldown. Quite easy to stack this buff between spirits phase by spamming binding heal.

Don't give up, that skin is worth the pain !

Anyone figure out what triggers cape res on Immonar bridge phases? Trying to skip it when I get grenade

edit: lol ofc... I meant: Sometimes Spirit of Redemption doesn't trigger on Immonar, which means no cape res. Can't figure out why
    Last edited by ttylol; 2018-03-14 at 09:01 AM.

Dying, generally.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Touch the sides of the bridge for a stacking +50% damage taken debuff, should kill you quite quickly. Not really seeing how it helps, though - you still have to spend some time in SoR, otherwise you'll get instantly killed after resurrecting. Which means you'll now have to dodge other 3-5 people with grenades, so you're back where you started - and probably running like crazy to avoid bridge missiles. What's the gain here?

Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post
    Anyone figure out what triggers cape res on Immonar bridge phases? Trying to skip it when I get grenade

edit: lol ofc... I meant: Sometimes Spirit of Redemption doesn't trigger on Immonar, which means no cape res. Can't figure out why
    Spirit of Redemption is basically a (huge) shield. On Wowhead it states 1,5 billion, so if you took 1.5 billion+1 damage, you die without Angel.
    Some spells are instant-kill, meaning they will kill you regardless of your cheat death, angels and so on.

But I have trouble finding any damage on Imonar that could do this. As far as I see there is no insta-kill damage.

Ah, interesting re:shield. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    What's the gain here?
    It occasionally ported my corpse/SoR to the new the platform, so I was trying to get a free ride with the annoying knockback grenade lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Spirit of Redemption is basically a (huge) shield. On Wowhead it states 1,5 billion, so if you took 1.5 billion+1 damage, you die without Angel.
    Some spells are instant-kill, meaning they will kill you regardless of your cheat death, angels and so on.

But I have trouble finding any damage on Imonar that could do this. As far as I see there is no insta-kill damage.
    I'm certain I've been hit for more than that during a couple mythic Elerethe Renferal wipes when she got a crazy damage modifier from having tons of spiders near her.