Poll: Which plot device will restrain Draenei/Lightforged technology?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The same plot device that's kept that giant cannon in Azshara from firing upon Stormwind.

It will be conveniently forgotten/overlooked.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The same one restraining the Goblins from decimating the Alliance cities.

Or the Nightborne and Blood Elves from magically nuking them.
    Ohp, the village idiot Toppy is here to show us all his Horde boner.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-03-15 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    To be fair, even the horde (Garrosh) considered them immoral aswell. Mainly because the plague would affect allies indiscriminately.
    so then why use archery or artillery?
    barrages of arrows or bullets still hit indiscriminately

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Wrathgate says hello
    Are you kidding me? You really read jackshit of what I wrote, it seems:

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    People must have forgotten that the Wrath Gate event was caused by a traitor who deliberately hit Alliance and Horde troops alike, it wasn't an "accident"
    You seemed to forget this despite being reminded of it in the very post you quoted. Again, the only reason why the Wrath Gate gave the Blight a bad name it's merely because it was exploited to carry a treacherous act of betrayal forward, not because the Blight is the evilest weapon ever. It's misguided perception, nothing more.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-03-15 at 03:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

No one considered the Blight immoral ever, at least not in-game, it's all conjecture by the playerbase. The closest coming to that was Garrosh and he really just didn't trust the Forsaken after the Wrath Gate rather than giving a shit about the Blight itself. The fact that this same guy will later resort himself to a mana bomb turned into a literal nuke says all about his supposed morality.

The Blight doesn't affect allies more than other kinds of artillery do. People must have forgotten that the Wrath Gate event was caused by a traitor who deliberately hit Alliance and Horde troops alike, it wasn't an "accident".
    Garrosh wasn't against the blight for moral reasons. Garrosh was against the blight because if the Forsaken kept using it then how would his plan of having the Forsaken being wiped out come true?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Garrosh wasn't against the blight for moral reasons. Garrosh was against the blight because if the Forsaken kept using it then how would his plan of having the Forsaken being wiped out come true?
    Garrosh still let the Forsaken to use a vastly weakened strain of the Blight in Silverpine and the Apothecary explained that such circumstances were forced by the unfortunate Wrath Gate events. Translation: regardless of what Garrosh wanted to do with the Forsaken, he clearly didn't trust their reliability after Putress gave them (and the Blight) a pretty bad name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    I figured it would be along the lines of the Hordes technology evolved. We had people like Liadrin on there so I assume she learnt a few things and brought it back. Blood elf technology is meant to be pretty decent especially after the thunder isle

Are you kidding me? You really read jackshit of what I wrote, it seems:

You seemed to forget this despite being reminded of it in the very post you quoted. Again, the only reason why the Wrath Gate gave the Blight a bad name it's merely because it was exploited to carry a treacherous act of betrayal forward, not because the Blight is the evilest weapon ever. It's misguided perception, nothing more.
    I read what you wrote. I disagree. Every time the blight has been employed - Wrathgate, Southshore, Gilneas - Blizz has written NPCs to be horrified. You may decide in your head cannon that no one minds, but that simply isn't supported in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    No one has issues with blight because it was a gas. Being upset about chemical warfare in a fantasy universe is a joke.
    "The New Plague,[1][2] also known as the Forsaken Blight or blight (not to be confused with the original blight), is the Forsaken's altered version of the powerful Plague of Undeath, which led to the creation of the Undead Scourge. The Plague of Undeath had the effect of transforming normal humans into mindless undead in the service of the tyrannical Lich King. Some members of the Forsaken, including their queen Sylvanas Windrunner, were once pawns of the Lich King, but were later freed. The Forsaken's aim is to create a new plague that would annihilate the Scourge itself, and ultimately, during the Northrend campaign, this is successful. However, the Forsaken's plague was usurped by the treacherous Grand Apothecary Putress, who proceeded to unleash it upon the Scourge, the Alliance and even the Horde. As such, the Forsaken's allies have deemed it unethical to be used again at its full potency." https://wow.gamepedia.com/New_Plague
    Even though it's a fantasy game, it is written by people who live in the real world. Poison gas is always portrayed in movies as something the villains use.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I read what you wrote. I disagree. Every time the blight has been employed - Wrathgate, Southshore, Gilneas - Blizz has written NPCs to be horrified. You may decide in your head cannon that no one minds, but that simply isn't supported in game.
    People are horrified by warlocks, or by being burned or frozen alive by mages, mentally flayed by priests, killed by numerous plagues by death knights and so on. Why the fuck people try to single out the blight is beyond me. The blight kills and is hard to counter, big deal, so are a million other things in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Sounds like a vote for "Technology won't matter, because magic."

- - - Updated - - -

People are horrified by warlocks, or by being burned or frozen alive by mages, mentally flayed by priests, killed by numerous plagues by death knights and so on. Why the fuck people try to single out the blight is beyond me. The blight kills and is hard to counter, big deal, so are a million other things in WoW.
    Oh I wouldn't single it out. I agree there are many horrifying things portrayed in WoW. The blight is just one of them.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

"The New Plague,[1][2] also known as the Forsaken Blight or blight (not to be confused with the original blight), is the Forsaken's altered version of the powerful Plague of Undeath, which led to the creation of the Undead Scourge. The Plague of Undeath had the effect of transforming normal humans into mindless undead in the service of the tyrannical Lich King. Some members of the Forsaken, including their queen Sylvanas Windrunner, were once pawns of the Lich King, but were later freed. The Forsaken's aim is to create a new plague that would annihilate the Scourge itself, and ultimately, during the Northrend campaign, this is successful. However, the Forsaken's plague was usurped by the treacherous Grand Apothecary Putress, who proceeded to unleash it upon the Scourge, the Alliance and even the Horde. As such, the Forsaken's allies have deemed it unethical to be used again at its full potency." https://wow.gamepedia.com/New_Plague
    Even though it's a fantasy game, it is written by people who live in the real world. Poison gas is always portrayed in movies as something the villains use.
    You aren't reading what you quoted, It wasn't banned because of it being a gas, it was banned for having it dumped on everyone during the Wrathgate.

People are acting as if war is a series of 1v1s that ends in a bow, weapons that have large scale effect are used for a reason, against an entire army of enemy combatants, there is no reason for the blight not to be used.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

You aren't reading what you quoted, It wasn't banned because of it being a gas, it was banned for having it dumped on everyone during the Wrathgate.

People are acting as if war is a series of 1v1s that ends in a bow, weapons that have large scale effect are used for a reason, against an entire army of enemy combatants, there is no reason for the blight not to be used.
    It was banned because it killed indiscriminately. If it had only worked against the Scourge, as originally advertised, it would not have been banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Note that it doesn't say "the Forsaken's allies have deemed it unethical to be used again on allies", it says "to be used again at its full potency."

That's how Blizz is writing it, not me. Apparently even in WoW, some weapons are deemed to be to horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was banned because it killed indiscriminately. If it had only worked against the Scourge, as originally advertised, it would not have been banned.
    It's a good thing then that instead of being dumped on their own heads, its just an army of enemies outside, the main quandary with the use of the blight is gone in that situation.
    Holy shit lol

It's a good thing then that instead of being dumped on their own heads, its just an army of enemies outside, the main quandary with the use of the blight is gone in that situation.
    Note that it doesn't say "the Forsaken's allies have deemed it unethical to be used again on allies", it says "to be used again at its full potency."

That's how Blizz is writing it, not me. Apparently even in WoW, some weapons are deemed to be to horrible.

It will be conveniently forgotten and not used because the faction war has never been about making sense.

The ship isn't all that powerful. Their tech is about as powerful as bloodelf/nightborne constructs. Its still powered by magic they just have a different way to channel that power. Plus its one ship that the draenei had to scrap together costing them every useable spare part. For all we know they cant replicate their tech anywhere but Argus.

Why didn't the Legion just Glass Azeroth with its thousands of ships attacking world wide! Mostly because those ships require souls to even function and once they land cant even leave orbit without mass murder to pump into the soul forges. Goblins have explosives made out of Mountain Giant poop thats a mini nuke. Forsaken have a plague that turns people into goop. Elves have mana bombs so powerful they warp the frabric of reality. 100 human mages in Chronicles created a firestorm that decimated the entire army of Amani trolls that they never recovered from. Malfurion has the power to kill everyone on the planet. Ect.. ect...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyforge1 View Post
    These poll results make me sad, it shows how little faith we all have in Blizzards writing
    Need I remind you what they did to multiple characters "Because it sounded cool"?

Deleted

Could be said about Gnome Technology as well.

Lightforged seem to currently have the strongest technology.

A couple of newly trained human mages were once able to burn down the entire Amani Army.

Void Elves should be able to do tons of stuff. I mean, in Theory they could easily use necromancy and dark shamanism at a hire level than any race as these forms of magic can be used through void.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Could be said about Gnome Technology as well.

Lightforged seem to currently have the strongest technology.

A couple of newly trained human mages were once able to burn down the entire Amani Army.

Void Elves should be able to do tons of stuff. I mean, in Theory they could easily use necromancy and dark shamanism at a hire level than any race as these forms of magic can be used through void.
    It was a hundred human mages and an unspecified number of elven mages.
    And necromancy can be done through many types of magic, but the most powerful form of necromancy would be death magic.
    As for the Lightforged tech, Azerite has to be stronger. And I mean way stronger. Otherwise why would Alliance even need it?

I think Lightforged will be using their tech against the Horde. Pretty sure one of their racials is an ability called down from the Vindicaar.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.