Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    Isnt that one of the planets you see during the Star Augur encounter in the nighthold? There's a few of them too.
    According to a Pyromancer theory that could be elune , it was based on the fact that it's surface is the same as the platform where you fight the sisters of the moon in ToS AND also the same as the planet that you can see from Elunaria , the planet where we rescue Eonar.

IF indeed it's the same planet it could be the "Victory that went unnoticed" mentioned by Ogmot in his diary ...The star augur predicted it , it happened but we didn't notice (the fact that is a background detail ).

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    According to a Pyromancer theory that could be elune , it was based on the fact that it's surface is the same as the platform where you fight the sisters of the moon in ToS AND also the same as the planet that you can see from Elunaria , the planet where we rescue Eonar.
    I think it's also the same that's HUGE in the background when we fight Uul'gyneth during Highmountain's questline

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    There are several.

The legion was so incompetent, they couldnt even deal with the planets near argus.
    Legion is SO incompetent that Mac'aree, capitol city of the draenei is still intact after MILLENIA of Legion living there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Legion is SO incompetent that Mac'aree, capitol city of the draenei is still intact after MILLENIA of Legion living there.
    It's not intact, half of Mac'aree was infected by the void, the other half was controlled by the legion, but there was no war between them, they just kept their distances.

Everyone telling me I'm wrong or need to read more. The old gods are agents of the void. Sargeras gets corrupted in his crusade to defend the titans creations/order. Then becomes an agent of destruction. The void may be chaotic evil, but the Legion is chaotic neutral. Pretty much if you weren't with them, you were against them.

The Legion may have acted like a buffer between order and chaos. So, next up is the void full on offensive.

I may have misspoke. The two may not be allied, but they act in the same by causing destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Almiria View Post
    It's not intact, half of Mac'aree was infected by the void, the other half was controlled by the legion, but there was no war between them, they just kept their distances.
    I thought the Legion followed us there after we went there to find more power after we couldn't penetrate Antorus and Aggramar repulsed us.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I thought the Legion followed us there after we went there to find more power after we couldn't penetrate Antorus and Aggramar repulsed us.
    Humm I think you're right, but it was corrupted by the void anyway no? Maybe that's the reason the legion was avoiding it

But every piece of lore about the legion including the Illidan novel is that they basically devour planets and leave no blade of grass unconsumed by their chaos and destruction. It is shown that they use plague that spread and destroyed all the life in the oceans on a planet. They are merciless, leave mountains of bones, and seas of blood. Yet.. Mac'aree looks pretty nice and untouched. why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Almiria View Post
    For a organisation that's final and main goal is to eradicate shadow, it's pretty incompetent to let half of their former capital sucumb to shadow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    But every piece of lore about the legion including the Illidan novel is that they basically devour planets and leave no blade of grass unconsumed by their chaos and destruction. It is shown that they use plague that spread and destroyed all the life in the oceans on a planet. They are merciless, leave mountains of bones, and seas of blood. Yet.. Mac'aree looks pretty nice and untouched. why?
    Gameplay wise? Because having 3 Antoran Wastes zones would lose subscribers REALLY quickly
    Story wise? Because Legion are little pussies, who can't do shit right.

Quote Originally Posted by evermynd View Post
    I feel like nobody has talked about this. If you look off to the side and kinda underneath the platform where you fight argus, you can see a void infested planet. Considering you can see Azeroth from the same place it kinda suggest that the void planet is fairly close to us and the current location of the seat of the pantheon.

https://imgur.com/a/ctole
    I dont think purple = void gods is a good logic. You can't clearly see any old god activity on that planetary body like the star augur encounter. It reminded more of netherstorm from outland then a void infested planet, which also had completely purple color pallet and similar visuals to that planet.

Purple is technically also the color of arcane and magical thingies in general.

The void presence on Macaree is due to L'ura going dark. The legion avoided it since. Yeah, the legion is incompetent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    The void presence on Macaree is due to L'ura going dark. The legion avoided it since. Yeah, the legion is incompetent.
    The Legion didn't care about Mac'Aree - Kil'jaeden and Archimonde saw it as a humiliating example of their "humble" origins, and used it as a dumping ground for what they considered to be refuse (e.g. the separate portions of the Crown of the Triumvirate as well as the depleted and darkening form of L'ura). Since Mac'Aree later detached from Argus and was floating in the upper atmosphere it was just a curiousity at that point - a remnant and a relic, not part of the Eredar's present or future.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    That because the Legion's job is to destroy planets that the titans brought order to. The void planets are under control of the old gods. The Legion is allied with them
    "The Legion is allied with the Void"

The Legion HAS Void Shit, yes. But, they were basically made to STOP THE VOID FROM DOING SHIT! They're not allied with the Void. They're litterally Anti-Void.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Cause Kil'jaeden loves his History.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    "The Legion is allied with the Void"

The Legion HAS Void Shit, yes. But, they were basically made to STOP THE VOID FROM DOING SHIT! They're not allied with the Void. They're litterally Anti-Void.
    I'd like to see evidence where the Legion was actually at war with the Void. Because it seems that both are coming after Azeroth, and both are hell bent on destroying us.

As long as the planets don't have titan souls, there was no big reason for Sargeras to have them destroyed. The void manifestations could fester all they want on them.

I vaguely remembering hearing that demons also fear the void as an enemy. Think it was in the audio regarding the thousand year war.

I'd like to see evidence where the Legion was actually at war with the Void. Because it seems that both are coming after Azeroth, and both are hell bent on destroying us.
    Are you serious? Because screwing up the force from the Void's plan was pretty much the reason why Sargeras created the Legion and is trying to destroy all creations.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Go read Chronicle. It talks all about it; a whole chapter on the subject. The void doesn't want to destroy Azeroth, it wants to corrupt it to create a "Dark Titan". The Legion wants to destroy Azeroth to prevent that from happening, which is why Sarg created the Legion in the first place- to prevent the void from creating a Dark Titan. In his eyes a dead universe was better than a corrupted one that had fallen to the forces of the void.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Burning_Legion- "Sargeras created it with the purpose of destroying all world-souls in the universe in order to prevent the void lords from corrupting them, which would lead to the birth of a dark titan, a being of unspeakable evil that would utterly annihilate and consume the universe."
    Last edited by Dannihilate; 2018-03-16 at 02:57 AM.

I just assumed the Legion focused mostly on planets that could/did contain a world soul. So shit-tier planets were only culled if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Void Lords sent Old Gods to planets all around Universe, hoping that maybe 1 of 1000000 will encouter a planet with titan soul inside it.

But the ones that landed on planets without titan souls would still proceed to infest them.

Sargeras on the other hand was only interested in preventing the creation of dark titan. He didn't care about planets without titan souls. He could arrive at any such void-infested planet and cleave it in any time he wanted, while such planet posed no threat against the rest of Universe.
    Exactly this, if the old gods land on a planet with no world souls then by and large there's no reason for the legion to worry about it. Or the titans since there's no chance of a titan (or Dark titan) being born from it. Sure it sucks for that planet if it has life but in grand scheme of things that planet is of no importance. Maybe can be used as a warning to others by Sargeras saying "If you don't join my crusade that's the fate of the universe!" type thing to civilizations that he recruited.