Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    DS1 on PC is horrible and needs the unofficial mod to fix it. DS2 and 3 are way better ports. I would personally rate the games DS1>DS3>DS2 if we go by how much I enjoyed them overall. If you did play with the fix in DS1, and you still found it clunky, I just don't think the combat system is for you. It does feel "clunky" at times, but that is by design. You are forcibly locked into animations, which makes every single hit made a huge risk.
    I kinda agree ... but some games are just meant to be played on controller because PC gets some really shitty half-assed ports ... which is ironic since these things are made on a PC in the first place. DS1 isn't that bad but do recommend xbox or steam controller.

I am assuming you are talking movement, combat & camera fluidity. Witcher 3 imo has the worst fucking controls and movements of any game I've ever played on PC so DS1 doesn't even come close.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I kinda agree ... but some games are just meant to be played on controller because PC gets some really shitty half-assed ports ... which is ironic since these things are made on a PC in the first place. DS1 isn't that bad but do recommend xbox or steam controller.

I am assuming you are talking movement, combat & camera fluidity. Witcher 3 imo has the worst fucking controls and movements of any game I've ever played on PC so DS1 doesn't even come close.
    You're saying DS1's movement, combat, and camera fluidity are better than Witcher 3?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Sure, it gets easier, but with enemy scaling at higher levels you'll still get 1 or 2 hit if you're using light or medium armor. Thank God for Quen, Ekkimara/Troll/Wraith Decoctions, Gourmet General Skill, Superior Swallow/White Raffard potions, and the Undying Combat Skill. At level 50 against Detlaff on Deathmarch with enemy upscaling, most of his attacks would kill you in 1 hit.
    Sorry to say that you are wrong. In fact I am playing at death march difficulty with medium griffin set (not my first Death March did it in ps4 and now trying it in pc) and I am at level 23 now. The enemies don't one shot me at all even without Quen it takes 4 to 5 hits to finally take me down and as I said if you are good at dodging and rolling you will never get hit maybe just once but then you would already have Quen up so no problem.

Yeah the only time I got one shotted is from Dettlaf when he transforms and does his bats attack phase but then again it's not that hard to dodge. :P
    Last edited by Velshin; 2018-03-15 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Sorry to say that you are wrong. In fact I am playing at death march difficulty with medium griffin set (not my first Death March did it in ps4 and now trying it in pc) and I am at level 23 now. The enemies don't one shot me at all even without Quen it takes 4 to 5 hits to finally take me down and as I said if you are good at dodging and rolling you will never get hit maybe just once but then you would already have Quen up so no problem.
    Not at all. Quite a few monsters and especially end bosses have one shot abilities. Do you have enemy upscaling on? If not, of course they wouldn't do any damage. And level 23 is not a high level like I was referencing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. Quite a few monsters and especially end bosses have one shot abilities. Do you have enemy upscaling on? If not, of course they wouldn't do any damage.
    Sorry that sound a stupid question but what enemy upscaling on? hmm?

Yup I just saw it in the option. It is on in fact does that make difference though? I never touched it before it was on somehow. :P
    Last edited by Velshin; 2018-03-15 at 09:12 AM.

Sorry that sound a stupid question but what enemy upscaling on? hmm?
    Go to options, gameplay, and scroll down until you see "Enemy Upscaling." Make sure that's turned on. What it does is scale every enemy up to your level, no matter where you go in the game, so things are more difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to options, gameplay, and scroll down until you see "Enemy Upscaling." Make sure that's turned on. What it does is scale every enemy up to your level, no matter where you go in the game, so things are more difficult.
    Yeah I just saw it. It's on in fact.

Well maybe the reason I am having it easy because I am using the OP alchemy immortal build I guess. :P

Yeah I just saw it. It's on in fact.

Well maybe the reason I am having it easy because I am using the OP alchemy immortal build I guess. :P
    Doesn't sound very fun lol. Many boss fights are 1 mistake = death for my build, so it's been amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're saying DS1's movement, combat, and camera fluidity are better than Witcher 3?
    I tried Witcher 3 on PC and I was amazed at how my character could not stop to investigate something simply. Oh no... the dude had to run in complete circles, completely ignore my commands, etc . So yeah.. maybe I had a bad experience. But I hated Witcher 3 on PC until I tried the controller. Later on I heard that there was some option to increase the accuracy of your controls for mouse but it was too little too late. It was like trying to play battletoads on a fucking gameboy.

Keep in mind this is early release... and google will back me up, but I am hard on first impressions.

DS 1 was fucking atrocious so it's a close call in terms of control but is that really comparable since I'm pretty sure that was intentional for DS..
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2018-03-15 at 09:24 AM.

IMO yes it is greatly.

(To be clear my experience is with a controller on PS4, I wouldn't like it with a KB&M anyway).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't sound very fun lol. Many boss fights are 1 mistake = death for my build, so it's been amazing.
    Haha yeah I might try that tbh I kinda feel so op now specially after 15+ with that alchemy build using ekkimara, and ekidnha pots + stackiing super green mutagon to have even more vitality. So far only Dettlaf with his bats phase manage to one shot me without Quen ofc.

But anyway in topic:

I think DSI is the best for me consider it released 2011 (old now) DSII was my least favorite thank god the Sotfs fixed so many issues and made it better, and the dlc were fantastic they kinda saved the game for me. DSIII is better than DSII but not as good as DSI. Call me old school but I never been fan of bonfire teleportation at all. I love the world that are all connected to each other in DSI pity they never ever brought that back feeling of an entire world connected.

I tried Witcher 3 on PC and I was amazed at how my character could not stop to investigate something simply. Oh no... the dude had to run in complete circles, completely ignore my commands, etc . So yeah.. maybe I had a bad experience. But I hated Witcher 3 on PC until I tried the controller. Later on I heard that there was some option to increase the accuracy of your controls for mouse but it was too little too late. It was like trying to play battletoads on a fucking gameboy.

Keep in mind this is early release... and google will back me up, but I am hard on first impressions.
    Bummer. I have heard there were some issues at launch. I didn't start until after all the updates and the DLC had come out, but it's been fluid and enjoyable, except if you want to hurdle a 2 centimeter deep stream on Roach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    IMO yes it is greatly.
    It's a completely different style... I don't think they can be compared. DS is SUPPOSED to be slow & sluggish.

It's a completely different style... I don't think they can be compared. DS is SUPPOSED to be slow & sluggish.
    I just felt moment and combat in DS is more fluid then Witcher 3. Witcher 3's combat is the number 1 reason I stopped playing it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Don't scoff off DS2 because there are haters advising you to skip it. It is known that DS2 is a favorite punching bag of Soulsborne fans, but it is not a bad game by any means (and not a bad Soulsborne game either). As I said previously, this game has the most replayability in the entire series, since NG+ adds a lot of stuff on its own (new enemies, items, etc.). I don't know if DS3 has it, but the respec option in DS2 is a VERY welcome addition. If you want to play a different build - go ahead, use an item and voila - reallocate stats however you like. With other games you had to create another character and play the game from scratch - it has its appeal, but I stopped on my second character in BB (so basically 3-4 weapon builds). It has flaws (like inconsistency of the world building, Earthen Peak errybody, and Soul Memory used for multiplayer makes your "perfect" builds unbearable), but I'd rather try it then just ignore it on account of forum warriors.

1 and 3 are about on par, with 3 slightly pulling ahead due to smoother experience. 2 is just garbage from start to finish.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just felt moment and combat in DS is more fluid then Witcher 3. Witcher 3's combat is the number 1 reason I stopped playing it.
    Well I agree with you either way I was just trying to be fair to both games.

Bummer. I have heard there were some issues at launch. I didn't start until after all the updates and the DLC had come out, but it's been fluid and enjoyable, except if you want to hurdle a 2 centimeter deep stream on Roach.
    I just googled it again and apparently it was caused by an option called 'Enable Hardware Cursor' .. I have no damn clue how I could have missed that, I hope it was added later and I wasn't just stupid af. So maybe I should finally play the game, though I still think the combat is boring as heck!

Only reason I'd play is for story, it does have good characters. maybe I look up some mods. Recommend me some!

Oh I totally understand that's what you was doing

I was just giving my 2 cents is all

<3

2 cents received and put in my penny jar!
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2018-03-15 at 09:34 AM.

Well I agree with you either way I was just trying to be fair to both games.
    Oh I totally understand that's what you was doing

I was just giving my 2 cents is all

Haha yeah I might try that tbh I kinda feel so op now specially after 15+ with that alchemy build using ekkimara, and ekidnha pots + stackiing super green mutagon to have even more vitality. So far only Dettlaf with his bats phase manage to one shot me without Quen ofc.

But anyway in topic:

I think DSI is the best for me consider it released 2011 (old now) DSII was my least favorite thank god the Sotfs fixed so many issues and made it better, and the dlc were fantastic they kinda saved the game for me. DSIII is better than DSII but not as good as DSI. Call me old school but I never been fan of bonfire teleportation at all. I love the world that are all connected to each other in DSI pity they never ever brought that back feeling of an entire world connected.
    I use medium armor (474 total) and have 6k vitality. I went 35 pts in combat, 6 in signs, and 5 in general.

Just off the top of my head: Frog Prince, Detlaff, the Air Djinn, Gargoyle stomp, Rotfiend's burst, the Giant Centipede coil whip, Golyat/Ice Giant's attack, the Caretaker's whirl, the Howler's charge, Olgierd's Ethereal's many attacks, the Alpha Garkain, and Protofleders all had 1-shot capabilities against me.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO yes it is greatly.

(To be clear my experience is with a controller on PS4, I wouldn't like it with a KB&M anyway).
    I couldn't disagree more, coming from PC with mouse/keyboard and no "fix." I'll have to compare again once I try the remastered one with a controller though.

I couldn't disagree more, coming from PC with mouse/keyboard and no "fix." I'll have to compare again once I try the remastered one with a controller though.
    I personally don't like playing many games with KB&M and just a controller.

But as I said that's me.