Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I don't mind her as team lead, just because it gives her something to do while the more capable field team does their own stuff.

I hated her as damsel in distress, same as Caitlin. When Caitlin is doing stuff, powers or no, she's fine. When she's suddenly reduced to Girlfriend Role I just want them to die and leave the show. Felicity too.

Iris is an intelligent, driven character, unless they want to use her as melodrama girlfriend shit.
    "She needs something to do in order not to be useless" isn't a justification to make someone a team leader. It's the justification to make them the junior janitor's assistant. Also there's "an intelligent former journalist" and then there's "the person that suddenly operates the command center of a team that has 3 scientists that pull world-changing tech out of their asses on a daily basis, after having no clue about their technobabble for over 2 years".

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Except Felicity has proven many a time over that she DOES have a spot on the team as the Tech guru. I mean yea she is annoying too from time to time but she actually contributes to the teams successes and failures. Iris.................. does nothing but whine bitch and offer the occasional uplifting message to Barry when needed. She def needs t go
    But she's half of the communist Flash!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    The worst part of this episode?

Why the FUCK does Iris have pink speed force? She's is supposed to be taking Barry's powers as is, exactly as he had them, but hers are pink because hurt durr she's a gurl...
    I’m 90% positive they gave her purple streaks because her name is Iris
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Pink Flash? What? Why? Where do I get same crack?

DUDE I was thinking that same EXACT THING last night too.. WTF... she has NO skills, no science, no nothing to be deemed leader. She can play 'Overwatch' but to make her the leader was the STUPIDEST Idea ever in this show
    In this case, those who can't do, lead. She's not some commander, though I do think it was sort of presented that way this episode. She's the team coordinator. She has no powers, she's got no usefulness other than a passing familiarity with the systems and some common sense.

Hell, Barry's the one that seems to have forgotten he was a forensics guy, he couldn't figure out monitors...
    But that's typical, can't make a character good unless you make another character bad to accentuate it.

But that is the thing... she has NOTHING to offer in this show other than the love interest for Barry. I mean giving her Flash power for a few minutes to make her relevant was just stupid. Being Team Leader is the only other way they have to keep her on the show and that is just................
    They didn't make her relevant with the Flash power, they just made Barry irrelevant.

Except Felicity has proven many a time over that she DOES have a spot on the team as the Tech guru. I mean yea she is annoying too from time to time but she actually contributes to the teams successes and failures. Iris.................. does nothing but whine bitch and offer the occasional uplifting message to Barry when needed. She def needs t go
    Felicity is a computer tech, and adds a lot via that skill, but she has no more tactical experience than Iris. Neither is really a good choice for deciding on what should be done next. Where Felicity is different is that Ollie is in charge and makes decision, so she's just Overwatch intel. Barry is not tactical in any real sense, neither is anyone else on the team at all.

Obviously I'd prefer if Iris had died early on and Patty was the team strategist, but that ship has sailed. At least Iris might have some skills from her father. Besides, it's not like Team Flash actually has good plans, maybe that's what happens when you let a journalist major run your comms.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

In this case, those who can't do, lead. She's not some commander, though I do think it was sort of presented that way this episode. She's the team coordinator. She has no powers, she's got no usefulness other than a passing familiarity with the systems and some common sense.
    This would make sense if there was any justification for her to lead other than, just because........ The only reason the directors made her "team Leader' was just to have a way to keep her on the show. I am thinking contract reasons, but yeah, she has done nothing to prove that she is needed on the team in 4 seasons but all of a sudden she is Team Flash 'Overwatch'. Just because......

Hell, Barry's the one that seems to have forgotten he was a forensics guy, he couldn't figure out monitors...
    But that's typical, can't make a character good unless you make another character bad to accentuate it.
    While barry did work with monitors during his forensics days, he has never been at the helm of Team Flash. I mean he watches them do what they do but he was always on the other side of those monitors. If anything this just made him look all the more foolish.

They didn't make her relevant with the Flash power, they just made Barry irrelevant.
    I can agree with this based on past episodes and other CW shows. They always have to have that episode where the hero doubts himself and has to watch things from the other side of the lawn. They did it with Arrow this season when Diggle took over for a few episodes, but we saw how that went.

Felicity is a computer tech, and adds a lot via that skill, but she has no more tactical experience than Iris. Neither is really a good choice for deciding on what should be done next. Where Felicity is different is that Ollie is in charge and makes decision, so she's just Overwatch intel. Barry is not tactical in any real sense, neither is anyone else on the team at all.
    Yes Felicity is tech, but she has proven time again that she is good tactical too. I mean, the team looks to her for proper routes to objectives, numbers of enemy, tech upgrades and so on. Iris was just................ Iris the reporter. Even when she was the main plot of Savitar she was not really doing anything of note. Felicity has even proven herself in Field work over several episodes. This Flash was the only real time since season 1 that she was field operational.

Obviously I'd prefer if Iris had died early on and Patty was the team strategist, but that ship has sailed. At least Iris might have some skills from her father. Besides, it's not like Team Flash actually has good plans, maybe that's what happens when you let a journalist major run your comms.
    I REALLY wish they would kill er off.... I think Patty would have provided some good friction to the team being the lead but, we just GOTTA HAVE IRIS!!!!!!

man i so loved the first 2 seasons and then....idk what happend with this show but it seems to be something common to all CW shows, except supergirl which was trash from the start imho. right now DC has weak movies and really pathetic tv shows. they are miles behind marvel and i say this being a dc fan, superman to be precise. yea call it bad taste if you like but i loved man of steel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    The worst part of this episode?

Why the FUCK does Iris have pink speed force? She's is supposed to be taking Barry's powers as is, exactly as he had them, but hers are pink because hurt durr she's a gurl...
    Oh wow yeah I was fuming when I seen that, definitely ruined the series for me... Not.

This season has been a bit poor up to now, I know they tried to be different by not having a speedster villain (which I think is a good idea to mix the series up a bit) but it just hasn't paid off. Devoe doesn't have the same effect as a menacing speedster and although he can always be so many steps ahead, it's not in a scary way which would make him a formidable villain, more like a tactical one that we haven't seen do anything near that which the previous baddies did. I think the brute force has a bigger and more lasting effect.

Think this season is pretty much a right off for me, even a badass ending would not recover the whole season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    I’m 90% positive they gave her purple streaks because her name is Iris
    I saw them as pink/purple because of a stereotype for black people. Of course that is because we are reading too much into small things.

This would make sense if there was any justification for her to lead other than, just because........ The only reason the directors made her "team Leader' was just to have a way to keep her on the show. I am thinking contract reasons, but yeah, she has done nothing to prove that she is needed on the team in 4 seasons but all of a sudden she is Team Flash 'Overwatch'. Just because......
    IMO, forget "the directors". Think of it in the universe. Think of the team of folks gathered around, while Barry is gone. Iris has no job, she's there. Do you tell her to just go home while you're busy doing important stuff, or do you have her coordinate? Barry is used to her telling him what to do, Wally is her little brother after a fashion. Cisco was was Vibe and Caitlin was GONE.

So you had Iris coordinating Wally and Vibe. I think it makes fine sense really.

While barry did work with monitors during his forensics days, he has never been at the helm of Team Flash. I mean he watches them do what they do but he was always on the other side of those monitors. If anything this just made him look all the more foolish.
    It just seems like he lost all technical expertise he should have, not just in this episode or with Devoe's body, but just in general he's "The Flash" not someone that spent a lot of time learning things.

I REALLY wish they would kill er off.... I think Patty would have provided some good friction to the team being the lead but, we just GOTTA HAVE IRIS!!!!!!
    I think your hatred of Iris, while well founded, does color your view of how she fits in. And so far this season the last two episodes were the only ones I enjoyed overall, so I don't think I'm a fanboi blind to her flaws or anything, but just not as committed to the hatred. :-p

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    man i so loved the first 2 seasons and then....idk what happend with this show but it seems to be something common to all CW shows, except supergirl which was trash from the start imho. right now DC has weak movies and really pathetic tv shows. they are miles behind marvel and i say this being a dc fan, superman to be precise. yea call it bad taste if you like but i loved man of steel.
    Flash has just gone way downhill for me, and I dropped Legends already and didn't bother with Black Lightning after first ep or two. Arrow is a little shakier, since I think the core trio has really gotten their shit together and does well, but the villain and plot is just so bad this season!

I was always a Marvel guy growing up, but they're really starting to blend together so my enthusiasm has ebbed. DC's movies have huge glaring flaws, but I still find them entertaining since I'm not invested in them. The TV shows were great at first, but I'm sort of tired of them now I think. We'll see how the endings go since they usually set the tone for what will come. But Agents of SHIELD is the absolute worst of the TV shows, so can't give Marvel that point. I do like the Netflix stuff, but find them a lot more flawed than people present them as.

But, Supergirl started off a bit "sigh" worthy, but turned around well for me. At this point I'd say it's probably the most consistent in quality. The main failing is how bad some of the villains look. Even Martian Manhunter looks like something from Star Trek, the original...

I do think Berlanti's team is spread too thin.

Also, if Flash doesn't stop killing people, there won't be any characters left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I saw them as pink/purple because of a stereotype for black people. Of course that is because we are reading too much into small things.
    yeah that is not how it works. wallys aint purple and flash from earth-19 aint black.

All the forced drame on CW shows gets so annoying, more so on the super hero ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    All the forced drame on CW shows gets so annoying, more so on the super hero ones.
    Hah, I can't even stand the drama in the COMMERCIALS for Riverdale. :-p

Deleted
    IMO, forget "the directors". Think of it in the universe. Think of the team of folks gathered around, while Barry is gone. Iris has no job, she's there. Do you tell her to just go home while you're busy doing important stuff, or do you have her coordinate? Barry is used to her telling him what to do, Wally is her little brother after a fashion. Cisco was was Vibe and Caitlin was GONE.
    So you had Iris coordinating Wally and Vibe. I think it makes fine sense really.
    Exactly. For tech we have vibe and harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr
    Flash has just gone way downhill for me, and I dropped Legends already
    but both are FAR better then the olicity horror that is going on at arrow....

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr
    Also, if Flash doesn't stop killing people, there won't be any characters left.
    na, there is enough left, trust me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yeah that is not how it works. wallys aint purple and flash from earth-19 aint black.
    Not saying it is a stereotype from The Flash show, but generally I've seen a lot of darker skinned people that go with purple, an example would be Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu, of course he himself picked purple in that case.

This would make sense if there was any justification for her to lead other than, just because........
    Well there is enough justification present, you're just being purposefully obtuse in missing it.

let me spell it out for you:
    1. She's a girl
    2. She's a black girl
    You better abide by PC standarts or else!

Just watched the last episode.
    Masterpiece.
    A well-deserved series ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Against Many View Post
    Just watched the last episode.
    Masterpiece.
    A well-deserved series ending.
    ... Series ending? This season's gonna be 23 episodes. The last episode of the season will be in May.

And they haven't said they're canceling the show.

Are you in the right thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    ... Series ending? This season's gonna be 23 episodes. The last episode of the season will be in May.

And they haven't said they're canceling the show.

Are you in the right thread?
    Yes, I am .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    just ignore the troll....

Most team leaders I've worked with in the past -
    • Contribute little
    • Whine all the time if people aren't doing things fast enough
    • Take all the credit
    • Blame everyone else for their own failings
    • Don't really understand half of what's going on anyway

So Iris seems like a perfect candidate to be team lead
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!