Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    At this point, it really gets stupid with the denial of Kul Tirans as an allied race. It couldn't be more obvious. But of coruse, the druid form is for Drusts, an extinct race from the shadowlands...

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    They're a variant of harvest witches. The erie haunted nature look fits that theme perfectly.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Almiria View Post
    I know, but he was refering to the fact that the form share features with the race, the Troll bear form share more features with Tortollans than Trolls.
    I dont see how it shares more features with tortollans at all, giant tusks, gold jewelry and a dinosaur thats clearly zandalari troll

10+ Year Old Account
    oh gawd why i thought it is finally over

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    when i first saw that image on wowhead i thought to myself "thats gonna be an npc or boss 100%",i still doubt thats an actual form for a playable class,i know i might be wrong though we will see.
    It has the druid symbol on it. If an NPC druid got a unique druid form that was inaccessible to players people would throw the biggest fit in the universe. I think I remember wowhead datamining that it's actually called Kul'tiran bear form or something.

Well guess that's it guys it';s clearly a Drust model even though the model name is 'KulTiranDruid'

Quote Originally Posted by Chappyzilla View Post
    I dont see how it shares more features with tortollans at all, giant tusks, gold jewelry and a dinosaur thats clearly zandalari troll
    Culturally they're associated with dinosaurs, but physiologically zandalari aren't dinosaurs was the point. If one is to make the argument that wicker-bears can't go with kul tirans because kul tirans aren't wicker-people, by the same logic zandalari can't be dino-bears because zandalari aren't dinosaurs.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Well guess that's it guys it';s clearly a Drust model even though the model name is 'KulTiranDruid'
    That's what ti was! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chappyzilla View Post
    But the Zandalari bear form is not a turtle its a dinosaur
    Is "dinosaur" a species?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Is "dinosaur" a species?
    Considering so many people on this forum cant tell one dinosaur from another why bother being specific. I could call a pterodactyl a pteradon and people would know the difference

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Culturally they're associated with dinosaurs, but physiologically zandalari aren't dinosaurs was the point. If one is to make the argument that wicker-bears can't go with kul tirans because kul tirans aren't wicker-people, by the same logic zandalari can't be dino-bears because zandalari aren't dinosaurs.
    Imo its more that kultirans dont show anything in their culture thats related to the drustvar. They dont wear skulls like the bear head and theres very little linking the two. Ever druid bear and cat form shares similarities with the race that turns into it. This bear shares next to nothing with kultiran

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    yeah, I don't really think so either. But if they were intent on adding them, I doubt they'd let such a minor thing as "they've all been dead for thousands of years" stop them.

Not impossible, just very unlikely.
    If they'd had any intention of adding the Drust, why would they decide to make a note of them being 3000 years dead and extinct? That seems pretty damn stupid to do to a race you want playable.

I fixed some images in original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    for those who keep saying Drust will be a race...

The Drust are extinct. E.X.T.I.N.C.T

The only ones we see in BFA are their spirits/ghosts and the reanimated body of their King
    We have male drust model - Drust King. Its not like fat people have unique female model. Its basically non exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    The markings on them are druid markings, even the Zandalari have the markings on them.

Nothing about the model from what we've seen from datamining links it to the drust.
    Really? You don't see similarities with bear form and Drust King? Okay tell me how this model speaks of fat humans?

If Blizzard make KT humans are druids its fucking nuts. We waited some badass seafaring nation with coats and admiral hats not some fat treehuging lovers...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    If they'd had any intention of adding the Drust, why would they decide to make a note of them being 3000 years dead and extinct? That seems pretty damn stupid to do to a race you want playable.
    You help their spirits escape from Shadowlands realm and get them as Allied Race?

The Drust King is a dungeon boss to be killed. He is possessing a construct made by the locals as part of a deal for power that's gone poorly for the locals. if I understand correctly, the Drust King was the only one of his kind that wasn't killed, but was instead imprisoned or bound to the family that defeated his people, or something like that.

And that was nearly three thousand years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Man, a time-travel expac centered mostly on characters that have been dead for years seemed pretty damn stupid too. And Blizzard loves using "they've been blank for x thousand years" as writing shorthand to make newly introduced groups seem like they have a more fleshed-out backstory. If they wanted to add them, they would is all I'm saying. What they think would be neat beats out logical consistency every time.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Where do you see model names? I'll end my Drust crusade if it actually says that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    We see 0 drust druids. We see some Kul Tiran druids.

Are you being sarcastic? That doesn't look like the same bear to me.

And before anyone says "placeholder", all the Drust models (except for Gorak Tul) are currently placeholders too. I won't be fully convinced until I see the Drust models.

So is everyone missing the obvious druid marks on the sides of the front legs? Every Bear form has them, even the Zandalari's bear form

And Worgen for another example:

Last edited by Rafe; 2018-03-15 at 11:43 AM.

This could be the moonkin form for Kul Tiras druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafe View Post
    So is everyone missing the obvious druid marks on the sides of the front legs? Every Bear form has them, even the Zandalari's bear form
    Nah, they're pretty obvious, if more angular than the other races'. There's very little question that this is indeed a druid Guardian form model(Bear doesn't really fit anymore).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Privas View Post
    [IMG]

This could be the moonkin form for Kul Tiras druids.
    Nah, just the Drust king. Wouldn't make much sense for female druids anyway.

Kul'tirans are obviously Drust ancestors.

Deleted
    No. They will never be an allied race

Drust are all dead anyway they'd clearly side with the Horde anyway. Human genocided them after all......

So that be what the Horde up 3 allied races?