Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Yeah, I'm completely not following you. So if you have a bag, not intended to carry a dog, and have a dog stuffed inside it, how would I know there's a dog inside it? I guess I've just never seen a dog in a bag before, or maybe I did, but didn't recognize the signs. So what exactly do you see when there is a dog in a bag?
    You would feel a dog squirming, as any rational person would understand and interpret. You would hear a dog breathing/panting because it is a stressful situation as any rational person would understand and interpret. You would hear a dog barking, as witnesses reported and any rational person would understand and interpret.

Pretty much, no rational person would need to have any of this explained to them if they were in any way cogent and not trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    I guess first-hand statements from the people this happened to isn't enough for you to drop the holier-than-thou attitude then? Get over yourself.
    So because I don't want to burn her at the stake based on one side of the story, when their are witnesses who say the opposite, make me holier than thou? I would have thought I was taking a reasonable approach, so if you think I'm holier than you are, I think that says more about you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You would feel a dog squirming, as any rational person would understand and interpret. You would hear a dog breathing/panting because it is a stressful situation as any rational person would understand and interpret. You would hear a dog barking, as witnesses reported and any rational person would understand and interpret.

Pretty much, no rational person would need to have any of this explained to them if they were in any way cogent and not trolling.
    I googled it and you are right. You can totally tell there is a dog in the bag...sorry

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    And nobody let it out when it started barking? Or stopped to check on it?

This may be a major fuckup on the part of the airline but...what about the other people?
    Exactly, people who fly united ARE "other people". The type of "other people" that won't do anything out of order to avoid being totally fucked up by the airline or the police.

7+ Year Old Account
    Something that confuses me is why did she not constantly check on the dog? If something like that happened to me I would be checking every 5 damn minutes. Also if she knew what her rights were aka That her dog could go under the seat or where ever then Fight tooth and nail or get off the damn plane and take your dog with you.

What happened was tragic but from what I've heard there were steps she could have taken to prevent it from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    How much available oxygen do you think is accessible via that tiny ass crack in overhead bin compartments? Also yes the CO2 is the most relevant part.

- - - Updated - - -

Punching them is the wrong solution. What you should do is whip out your phone and record what is happening, and if possible get the stewardess to somehow acknowledge/reiterate that she suggested putting the animal in the overhead bin.
    but then you don't get to sue and you don't get the monies, and your united airlines plant/friend will be confused as to why you're botching the whole god damn lawsuit scheme and shoot you daggers with their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Why not? As long as they are to be assigned a specific part on the plane to save allergic people from discomfort, there is literally no reason to forbid them.

This is one of those things flight companies are so uptight and anal about. You can bring in a bag filled with sausages, glass and it's fine, but don't you dare bring in a dog in a bag, that will cost you half the ticket as an extra fee!

Me and my father always bring our dog on flight between our homes (he lives in another country). We never pay for the extra fee though as they are frikkin' stupid. The staff are never the wiser as we put cardboard, covering the holes on the sides from insight (air still comes in). The plane hasn't magically crashed from a dog on board yet

And if we somehow get found out, we'll just play dumb and pretend we didn't know about the fee as he's literally hand luggage.
    Bags of sausages and glass don't get scared and make messes everywhere, trigger other people's allergies, possibly bite people, make lots of noise, require additional open ventilated area, and/or cause lawsuits when something happens to them.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Bags of sausages and glass don't get scared and make messes everywhere, trigger other people's allergies, possibly bite people, make lots of noise, require additional open ventilated area, and/or cause lawsuits when something happens to them.
    ....so you are saying we should ban children?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Sounds like you figured that out perfectly. a couple people say she didn't know, but yet others say she did. Somehow hearing reports of two parties saying the opposite thing you automatically knew exactly whose life we should doom. Well done.
    See my sig. That's how customer service works. Own it.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How long ago was bloody doctor a United scandal?
    The good Dr. Dao was dragged off the plane about 11 months ago, on April 9, 2017. It has not been a good year for United.

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    The good Dr. Dao was dragged off the plane about 11 months ago, on April 9, 2017. It has not been a good year for United.
    And the pitch of the seats (distance from one part of the seat to the analogue on the next seat) is shorter than the distance from my knee to hip.

I do not recommend United, and my reason is comfort, not dog killing. The dog killing part is terrible too.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    There was already a thread on this, it was on the same page when you posted this lol.

Why do people keep asking this question? Do they not understand how oxygen works?

Fun experiment, let's kidnap you and put you into the the trunk of a car that is already filled with suitcases and see if you'll have enough breathable air while in a panicked state for 4+ hours.
    Not to mention a confined space with luggage in will keep the heat in more and it'll build up quicker, it's would just be like a car.

Im also curious why the dog wasn't in the hold in the first place?
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    ....so you are saying we should ban children?
    Never heard of children triggering people's allergies but the rest sounds right. =-)
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

@Deathknightish What air line is that? literally so I can avoid it, it sounds all fun and games but they have some massive security concerns if you can openly smuggle your dog in just a cardboard box onto a plane as hand luggage
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    First off Stop this shit

A dog died on a United Airlines flight from Houston to New York after a flight attendant ordered the animal be put in the plane's overhead bin, the airline admitted Tuesday.

United said it was taking responsibility for the incident on the Monday night flight, noting that pets should never be put in the overhead storage compartment.
    "This was a tragic accident that should never have occurred," the airline said in a statement, adding that it expressed its "deepest condolences to the family."

There is no need to state the obvious, of course its tragic event, I would pump the breaks on taking full responsibility. Ok so she alerted people she was carrying a dog on the plane, why was she carrying the dog on the plane to begin with?

Was it a service animal, because if not it had no business on the plane unless she paid for a ticket. I would say the only place United has any blame is not kicking her ass off the plane the moment they knew she brought the dog on.

Most of this was on the owner, making a very unwise decision to board with this dog if it's not a service animal. I mean if you brought your kid secretly on board would you stuff your kid in the overhead compartment?

Your child isn't $200 Carry on, and neither is a living breathing animal.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-03-15 at 09:56 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    I'm usually not that sensitive but I damn near started to cry at work yesterday when I saw a picture of the poor dogs lifeless body in the suitcase. No warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignista View Post
    I'm usually not that sensitive but I damn near started to cry at work yesterday when I saw a picture of the poor dogs lifeless body in the suitcase. No warning.
    Awww *hugs* I felt the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    So, for the sake of argument: where *would* you hide the bodies? Completely hypothetically, of course. wink wink nudge nudge.
    Underneath your bed
    wink

I'd ban all animals in the cabin. Thats for people not animals. They can go in the belly.

If animals continued to be any kind of issue, there would be no animals at all other than documented service animals (and you best have the paperwork).

Otherwise, You can fly with someone else.
    Last edited by quras; 2018-03-15 at 03:45 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    17 kids die in a school shooting

Governement: Lets not be hasty in enacting laws for this.

1 dog dies in an overhead storage bin

Government
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2018-03-16 at 01:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’d have broken the flight attendant’s kneecaps for even suggesting doing that.