• 3 million

31 16.49%
  • more than 3 million

124 65.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    It's not dead... I just had to wait in line to log into the game last night and both the servers I play on (WRA and MG) are constantly flooded with people. I see people out questing every day.
    i've not had to wait in line for MG since WoD release, and WRA is listed at low this morning.

i kinda wish i could force the game to be good again and force people to play, cause i don't want it to ever die. this is my favorite toy, and i don't want my favorite toy taken away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    it has a total monopoly on MMO genre and yes its quite popular, not us much as it can and should be, but there are other threads to discuss devs incompetence when it comes to class designs, loot systems and so on, things like that make returning population quit in huge masses one month later after every expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

No its not, I remember having org filled with 5 times more people on every server without any trasnserver bullshit like today, nowadays servers are dead, world pvp is dead (what was the last time your capital got raided by other fraction?), trade chat is certainly freaking asleep all the time and so on.

80% of servers are inhabitant
    Well, I never played on a server where PvP was a thing so I never actually experienced all those "great almighty Open PVP battles" so I wouldn't know, I said I was never into PvP and this game has had PvE servers since launch, just fyi.

And what do thousands of people AFKing in Orgrimmar got to do with people playing the content? I said it's a lot easier to get the people together to do group content than it ever was. There may have been billions of people in Orgrimmar, but how does that help me if noone wants to do or is capable of doing things? Back then when i was doing LBRS for my Beaststalker for example I sometime wasted literally a few hours a day putting together a group and that wasn't the only issue, some people left mid-run as well ... yeah, all those millions of people really helped me getting that Beaststalker set from a normal wee wee dungeon...

Deleted
    Every month there is a thread like this, come on. Stop it already.

Its hard to say. But considering that there has been nothing to brag about with the numbers for this game in the latest quarterly reports, its likely just on a slow decline. My guess is between 3.5-4 million subs while pre-7.3 I guessed around 5 million. Doesn't seem so unrealistic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    1) Burnout
    2) Growing up
    3) Been there done that
    4) Not invested in that story
    5) Whiners about development still around
    1) minor
    2) minor
    3) minor
    4) minor
    5) not really, not at the rate it should be, visit bfa subform, 90% of threads and discussions are about upright orcs, subraces, lore, sylvana-jaina and other shit that does not impact gameplay in any significant way, FREAKING COSPLAYERS, people like me who actually care and understand why current wow is so unpopular in comprasion with before are in total minority ,maybe 20% at most?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    And what do thousands of people AFKing in Orgrimmar got to do with people playing the content? I said it's a lot easier to get the people together to do group content than it ever was. There may have been billions of people in Orgrimmar, but how does that help me if noone wants to do or is capable of doing things? Back then when i was doing LBRS for my Beaststalker for example I sometime wasted literally a few hours a day putting together a group and that wasn't the only issue, some people left mid-run as well ... yeah, all those millions of people really helped me getting that Beaststalker set from a normal wee wee dungeon...
    Not only is finding a group a hell of a lot easier, you also do not have to hang around the capitol to do so. But the question remains, why does the capitol feel empty? I guess we'll never know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    1) minor
    2) minor
    3) minor
    4) minor
    5) not really, not at the rate it should be, visit bfa subform, 90% of threads and discussions are about upright orcs, subraces, lore, sylvana-jaina and other shit that does not impact gameplay in any significant way, FREAKING COSPLAYERS, people like me who actually care and understand why current wow is so unpopular in comprasion with before are in total minority ,maybe 20% at most?
    -IF- point 5 is true then it appears the the target audience has shifted to that group, since they are they 80% majority. Seems like a tough fight for the remaining 20% to reclaim 'their' game.

Why does this poll allow for multiple votes? Why is this a poll anyways? This is something measured by data, not speculation, lol.

I voted for everything because why not. That way I know I'm right on at least one of them.

More than any current sub-based MMO-rpg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Why does this poll allow for multiple votes? Why is this a poll anyways? This is something measured by data, not speculation, lol.
    Because I doubt OP is actually looking for some insight, but just wants to whine.

Either way, it's probably low because were getting into post-expansion content drought. It will shoot up on the next expansion, then slowly go down over time and then drop significantly after the last content patch.

It always goes this way.

500k low though? lolno. not even close. It's certainly well above 3 million if we are counting worldwide. It doesn't mean all of them are actively playing, just that they are subscribed. For instance I am currently subscribed myself, but I am not playing actively at all at the moment.

Deleted
    Playing wow since vanilla,have the same people i had on my flist in ages and this is the 2nd time after wotlk that iahve 25+ online people playing wow compared to 5 on other expansions.Cant speculate about numbers of subs but 3mil seems low to me

I have no idea about specific numbers across all regions, but I do know it is less than what is was even during WoD. I'm more interested in the BfA presale numbers tbh, and how they compare to previous expansion presales.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh how exciting another one of these threads, I think the horse has been beaten to death long enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charmingpig View Post
    Every month there is a thread like this, come on. Stop it already.
    Seems people like the OP just love thrashing a dead horse..

I think somewhere between 500 and 5 000 000.
    Mother pus bucket!

More than one, less than 7 billion.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    Not only is finding a group a hell of a lot easier, you also do not have to hang around the capitol to do so. But the question remains, why does the capitol feel empty? I guess we'll never know.
    We do know. Like most of us back then, we were hanging around Capitols to make groups or when we logged on for a bit and had no time to do other stuff before logging off, waiting on raids, stuff to happen, etc. Nowadays you do stuff, I very rarely AFK in Capitols anymore, it's always something I can do. If I have a raid in 30 mins, in the past I'd prolly AFK a bit, but now I go and squeeze in few WQs, LFD or anything. It's all happening super fast. You don't need few hours to do stuff anymore. You have things that only take you few minutes. That's what's changed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Lol, plebs saying this game is dead are as old as WoW. Unless you were around during mid-to-late WoD, you have no idea what dead servers look like. Game is doing fine.
    Owner & Operator of The Barrens Grind Support Group
    Survivor of Early TBC Ganklethorn Vale
    Horde Till I Die

Quote Originally Posted by Castrum View Post
    Lol, plebs saying this game is dead are as old as WoW. Unless you were around during mid-to-late WoD, you have no idea what dead servers look like. Game is doing fine.
    so convenient to use wod as an excuse to everything its like

"i was beated today at the mall"
    -"huh, you thinks thats bad, at least nobody raped you"

the game is dead and people expected much more from legion

I always enjoy the anecdotal evidence people share like it proves anything. My guild only had 1 person on at 3am, clearly my guild is dead.

Anyway, I say they have over 100 billion subscribers. Prove me wrong, bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    -IF- point 5 is true then it appears the the target audience has shifted to that group, since they are they 80% majority. Seems like a tough fight for the remaining 20% to reclaim 'their' game.
    but how much is this 80% out of 4.5 m when it comes to OVERALL WOW PLAYERS, 15 million 20 million? the ones who dont play but still try every other expansion, maybe they expect blizzard to fix core issue that we the 20% whine about all the time, maybe we are the majority actually? Just not on this forum due to obvious reasons (why people that dont play currently would visit mmo champ)