Thread: Locks and RBGs

Locks and RBGs

I must preface this thread by saying I have never played a warlock or know the inner workings of each spec.

Having said that, I just got out of some 2100mmr RBGs and our team was down right filthy, and feel like I need some explanation(b/c I was too timid and stoned and frankly forgot to ask). Our comp was DH(me, TC'ing), Rogue, Affi x2, SP, Ele, Warr, Hpriestx2, MW

1500-0 Gilneas, 1500-30 Silvershard, 3-0 Twins, 1500-180 EotS, 1500-296 Temple. Wrecking kids.

Now my question is this: what is it about running the double Affi in particular that made our team so downright unbeatable in team fight? I heard someone say in discord during our match that our "double UA ST" was just impossible to compete with, in conjunction with our SP and Ele tee'ing off (SP took most damage every match btw) but have no idea what that meant tbh. I mean I figured "single target unstable affliction", but what talents are they referring to? Did I mishear? Haven't rolled kids like this in a while and just looking for more insight on this double Affi action and how we were so godly. Thanks!
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2018-03-14 at 02:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Insta seed of corruption, GG

15+ Year Old Account
    All I know is when I run RBGs, our group lead screams to not let Warlocks free cast. He wasn't doing it with any other class. We either were blowing up the healers or the warlocks, sometimes I would hear Spriest.

Take that for whatever it's worth.

7+ Year Old Account

allthough it is rare to se someone run those all exact talents, any combination of them (specially nightfall, sow the seeds, and absolute) allow an affi lock to put INSANE AMOUNTS of CONSTANT PRESSURE on EVERYONE.
    Corruption on a few, then just spam agaony on everyone and cast THREE INSTANT CAST seeds every time it procs.. and well you will just put insane preassure on everyone.

An affi lock running specific talents can be impossible to kill single target unless you bubble,anti magic, magic cloak, or burst them down before they can dot you.

but they are even more scarey in RBG's if allowed to live in a large compact groups, fire mages good aoe, affi locks?
    fucking
    legend

and once they have corruption on like 10+ people good luck killing him

Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-03-14 at 09:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

allthough it is rare to se someone run those all exact talents, any combination of them (specially nightfall, sow the seeds, and absolute) allow an affi lock to put INSANE AMOUNTS of CONSTANT PRESSURE on EVERYONE.
    Corruption on a few, then just spam agaony on everyone and cast THREE INSTANT CAST seeds every time it procs.. and well you will just put insane preassure on everyone.

An affi lock running specific talents can be impossible to kill single target unless you bubble,anti magic, magic cloak, or burst them down before they can dot you.

but they are even more scarey in RBG's if allowed to live in a large compact groups, fire mages good aoe, affi locks?
    fucking
    legend

and once they have corruption on like 10+ people good luck killing him

you sir, are the man. thank you x1,000

Yeah, FelPlague has it right, its just that double affli lock puts out a ridiculous amount of pressure on a team in a single teamfight. Its a bit different on certain maps where you have to hold bases, because at least one of the locks will have to defend in most cases, but even with just one lock and an SP or hunter or ele shaman you can put out crazy raid-wide damage. All the top RBG teams on EU (not sure about NA) run double affli atm, unless they are doing something weird like 4-5 heal, triple tank or like 3 warriors or something. Everything else runs double affli or they lose vs the teams that do.

5+ Year Old Account
    Another possibility is you got extremely lucky and Q during high yolo no voice times and got 5 shitter teams in a row, ppl are rushing to get games in before reset right now.
    You asked a question and I gave you the answer. You might not agree with or fully understand the answer, but, it is correct because of reasons.”

Quote Originally Posted by Atraxxa View Post
    Another possibility is you got extremely lucky and Q during high yolo no voice times and got 5 shitter teams in a row, ppl are rushing to get games in before reset right now.
    that was absolutely the case for our WSG and Temple, but the others had players of good caliber I have playing against for years. Maybe bad leadership for them as well, but nonetheless our team fight was just gross

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    Yeah, FelPlague has it right, its just that double affli lock puts out a ridiculous amount of pressure on a team in a single teamfight. Its a bit different on certain maps where you have to hold bases, because at least one of the locks will have to defend in most cases, but even with just one lock and an SP or hunter or ele shaman you can put out crazy raid-wide damage. All the top RBG teams on EU (not sure about NA) run double affli atm, unless they are doing something weird like 4-5 heal, triple tank or like 3 warriors or something. Everything else runs double affli or they lose vs the teams that do.
    - which do you feel puts out the best raid wide pressure b/t ele, sp and hunter?
    - curious to what the rest of triple warrior comp is