Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "There was (were) no:
    --Flight (besides flight paths, which dismounted you at each stop until 1.10)
    --Dual-specs
    --Death Knights, Monks, or Demon Hunters
    --Draenei, Blood Elves, Pandaren, Worgen, or Goblins
    --Alliance Shamans or Horde Paladins
    --Jewelcrafting, Inscription, or Archaeology
    --Outland, Northrend, Pandaria, Draenor, Broken Isles
    --Cataclysm zones (Hyjal/Vashj'ir/Twilight Highlands/Deepholm/Uldum)
    --Cinematics
    --In-game “cinematics” (e.g. The ones they used to introduce the villains in the opening to Warlords)
    --World Quests, Bonus Zones, or the pop-up dialog boxes for world quests [where Khadgar makes a quip]
    --LFG
    --LFR
    --Arenas
    --Any battlegrounds besides WSG, AB, and AV
    --Difficulty levels
    --Flexible raid sizes
    --Modern lockouts
    --Extending lockouts
    --Multi-tagging or AoE loot
    --Loot Specs
    --Vehicles
    --Bank access anywhere but cities
    --Guild banks
    --Barber Shops
    --Dungeon Maps
    --Cross-realm or bind-on-account anything. Battlegrounds, friends, heirlooms, nada.
    --Auction Houses anywhere but Ironforge, Orgrimmar, or Gadgetzan
    --Server transfers*
    --Transmog
    --Bloodlust / Heroism
    --Death Recaps
    --Enchanting vellums
    --Currency Tab
    --Catchup mechanics*
    --Warforging, Titanforging, or Reforging
    --Achievements
    --Discord
    --Wowarmory
    --Wowprogress.com
    --Mmo-champion.com
    --Wowanalyzer.com
    --Warcraftlogs.com / Worldoflogs.com
    "

Everything you listed as a negative besides the different races, currency tab and guild bank is a plus for me that it WONT be in game. Everything else helped to RUIN what used to be a TRUE rpg-mmo. Is vanilla perfect? Hell no.. but they shouldve build apon the CORE what what vanilla was.. not cater to casuals and make the game streamlined, remove RPG elements and completely remove any positive social interaction.. LFR and LFG helped destroy the social community. the removal of RPG mechanics in cata turned the game into just an MMO, not an MMO-RPG. And various other things helped turn it into the bore fest it is now....

If you dont have time to play it, or its to hard. then get the fuck out, and find a new game.. that is with EVERY game, not just WoW.. I HATE when you feel like you should play a game, then bitch about changing the game to fit you.. that ruins it for everyone elose who likes the game. that is why people are HUNGRY for a TRUE RPG and are wanting to play Kingdom come deliverance, even if it is buggy to hell.. its a fantastic RPG that should be continued down the line! go back to the days of Morrowind. Morrowind gamplay with skyrim graphics. hell yes! (skywind ftw) Old school runescape, and any other form of older RPG.. Vanilla wow was especially that with MMO aspects that REWARDED you for grouping.. not only that, you WANTED TO.... and from grouping up and taking on the challenging content you felt progression, rewarded and made friends along the way.. with out CRZ you get to know everyone on your server. and it becomes a knit community... I dont know anyone on my server anymore!! No one WANTS to group. they HAVE to, and its formed in such a way, you click 1 button, join, kill the mob, then leave back to your server.... there is no social interaction anymore! WoW isnt even an MMO anymore! Its a linear AF campaign! That kind of shit should stay in CoD alone with its fast romp dungeons.. dungeons are not about fast romps through.. its about exploring! getting lost, overcoming challenging, finding hidden treasure chests ( WHICH BTW BLIZZ ALSO RUINED since mists / wod and legion)
    Last edited by Teostra; 2018-03-10 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teostra View Post
    "There was (were) no:
    --Flight (besides flight paths, which dismounted you at each stop until 1.10)
    --Dual-specs
    --Death Knights, Monks, or Demon Hunters
    --Draenei, Blood Elves, Pandaren, Worgen, or Goblins
    --Alliance Shamans or Horde Paladins
    --Jewelcrafting, Inscription, or Archaeology
    --Outland, Northrend, Pandaria, Draenor, Broken Isles
    --Cataclysm zones (Hyjal/Vashj'ir/Twilight Highlands/Deepholm/Uldum)
    --Cinematics
    --In-game “cinematics” (e.g. The ones they used to introduce the villains in the opening to Warlords)
    --World Quests, Bonus Zones, or the pop-up dialog boxes for world quests [where Khadgar makes a quip]
    --LFG
    --LFR
    --Arenas
    --Any battlegrounds besides WSG, AB, and AV
    --Difficulty levels
    --Flexible raid sizes
    --Modern lockouts
    --Extending lockouts
    --Multi-tagging or AoE loot
    --Loot Specs
    --Vehicles
    --Bank access anywhere but cities
    --Guild banks
    --Barber Shops
    --Dungeon Maps
    --Cross-realm or bind-on-account anything. Battlegrounds, friends, heirlooms, nada.
    --Auction Houses anywhere but Ironforge, Orgrimmar, or Gadgetzan
    --Server transfers*
    --Transmog
    --Bloodlust / Heroism
    --Death Recaps
    --Enchanting vellums
    --Currency Tab
    --Catchup mechanics*
    --Warforging, Titanforging, or Reforging
    --Achievements
    --Discord
    --Wowarmory
    --Wowprogress.com
    --Mmo-champion.com
    --Wowanalyzer.com
    --Warcraftlogs.com / Worldoflogs.com
    "

Everything you listed as a negative besides the different races, currency tab and guild bank is a plus for me that it WONT be in game. Everything else helped to RUIN what used to be a TRUE rpg-mmo. Is vanilla perfect? Hell no.. but they shouldve build apon the CORE what what vanilla was.. not cater to casuals and make the game streamlined, remove RPG elements and completely remove any positive social interaction.. LFR and LFG helped destroy the social community. the removal of RPG mechanics in cata turned the game into just an MMO, not an MMO-RPG. And various other things helped turn it into the bore fest it is now....

If you dont have time to play it, or its to hard. then get the fuck out, and find a new game.. that is with EVERY game, not just WoW.. I HATE when you feel like you should play a game, then bitch about changing the game to fit you.. that ruins it for everyone elose who likes the game. that is why people are HUNGRY for a TRUE RPG and are wanting to play Kingdom come deliverance, even if it is buggy to hell.. its a fantastic RPG that should be continued down the line! go back to the days of Morrowind. Morrowind gamplay with skyrim graphics. hell yes! (skywind ftw) Old school runescape, and any other form of older RPG.. Vanilla wow was especially that with MMO aspects that REWARDED you for grouping.. not only that, you WANTED TO.... and from grouping up and taking on the challenging content you felt progression, rewarded and made friends along the way.. with out CRZ you get to know everyone on your server. and it becomes a knit community... I dont know anyone on my server anymore!! No one WANTS to group. they HAVE to, and its formed in such a way, you click 1 button, join, kill the mob, then leave back to your server.... there is no social interaction anymore! WoW isnt even an MMO anymore! Its a linear AF campaign! That kind of shit should stay in CoD alone with its fast romp dungeons.. dungeons are not about fast romps through.. its about exploring! getting lost, overcoming challenging, finding hidden treasure chests ( WHICH BTW BLIZZ ALSO RUINED since mists / wod and legion)
    I completely agree. When they announced classic WOW I really wanted to play some oldschool MMORPG, but didn't want to play on private servers. So I decided to try EverQuest because I've never played it before. And I'm having a blast, it feels like I'm on an adventure in a dangerous living world. There are no stupid QOL features, people talk to each other and help each other (you even have to learn other languages to understand other players) and mobs are actually dangerous. This game gave me the same feeling vanilla WOW gave me back in the days. For me EQ confirmed it's not just a nostalgia like some vanilla haters like to say. I'm just hungry for a good oldschool MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by flexks View Post
    On every private server I've played on multiboxing is a perma bannable offence.
    Is legal in retail tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    I completely agree. When they announced classic WOW I really wanted to play some oldschool MMORPG, but didn't want to play on private servers. So I decided to try EverQuest because I've never played it before. And I'm having a blast, it feels like I'm on an adventure in a dangerous living world. There are no stupid QOL features, people talk to each other and help each other (you even have to learn other languages to understand other players) and mobs are actually dangerous. This game gave me the same feeling vanilla WOW gave me back in the days. For me EQ confirmed it's not just a nostalgia like some vanilla haters like to say. I'm just hungry for a good oldschool MMORPG.
    Exactly. I still am on retail,, but its really only for RP.. plus, i will admit, the artstyle and music is REALLY good in the newer expac. even wod had good music and the zones looks beautiful... the story has taken a shit though... i LOVE the story of wow.. but it has become nothing more then fan fiction the last few years

Deleted
    I really miss the social of Vanilla: Grouping up with 4 random guys to defeat an elite. And if you came along you went to voice chat and did an instance or something... This does not really happen anymore :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tortix View Post
    I really miss the social of Vanilla: Grouping up with 4 random guys to defeat an elite. And if you came along you went to voice chat and did an instance or something... This does not really happen anymore :/
    Yes, it does.

It just doesn't take 4 hours any more.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    So much this.

The one that especially gets me is paladins. Diablo 2 was still a huge game at WoW launch, and Hammerdins were unstoppable killing machines at the time. I think many people rolled one expecting them to be similar in WoW, not a class you afk auto-attack mobs to death on.
    That's because Blizzard had conflicting vision on what paladin should be and how it shaped out to be.

Very few remember that Paladin class was revamped 100% just 2 weeks before the game's release and that revamp was never tested. It's when strike based system that relied on Crusader Strike applying holy-damage debuffs on target to be consumed by Holy Strike was changed to auto attack seals and many of the support abilities that the class had went through similiar rework. That's where the class basically died. It's also why I always facepalm when I read people being nostalgic about the seals when they were the sole reason the class sucked for so long.

When Blizzard realized the failure and tried to address this is Blizzcon in 2005 they were literally booed at at the prospect of paladins being brought in line with the vision they had (and what was presented in previous Warcraft games) and those ideas were silenty shush-shushed aside.

Why were they booed? Paladins by then had already become a joke and community was hellbent on healbot or out in larger scale.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    I think the biggest error in Vanilla was not properly informing the players during the process if picking a character what each spec really "meant" at end game.
    Since WoW was the first MMORPG for many players, telling them in more detail exactly what their class would be doing in a raid environment wouldn't have really helped since they had no concept of raiding/endgame. It also assumes that majority of players are playing WoW just for endgame which wasn't the case. Blizzard set the tone by letting class lore/identity take precedence over game play. Today you're probably right and you'd probably expect a newer MMORPG to go to greater lengths to make people understand the direction of the game, but I think this just highlights Blizzards overall design philosophy back in 2004, or maybe the market at the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    Yeah no shit the game had a slower pace, and every mob demanded your attention. That is what people liked about the game. That it wasent a spammy, God of War like, beat em up that it is today. Press 1 button and you aoe down 4 mobs. Congrats.
    Classic wasn't spammy? LOL
    Retail requires the push of 1 button for results? LOL

I'm sorry but this is just complete nonsense and this is the kind of rubbish 95% of legacy players spew and it's ridiculous tbh.

I'm not currently subscribed to retail due to raiding burnout in ToS but I am currently playing on light's hope with my flatmate raiding AQ40. Vanilla is the most spammy and '1-button' the game has ever been and pales in comparison to the complexity of some of the rotations in retail. I am a warlock and my job is to apply 1 curse every 5 mins and press shadowbolt the rest of the time. If I don't have to be at max range I can also fit in a shadowburn every 15 seconds. My flatmate plays warrior and, while I don't know the complexities, he says it's pretty much whirlwind until you can execute with good cooldown management. To say that this isn't spammy is honestly a joke.

Stop trying to belittle people playing retail because the mobs don't take 30 seconds to kill each while leveling. Don't try and pretend that's fun. Leveling my warlock was a case of applying 2 dots and then using the wand for 20-ish seconds for mana efficiency. If you think this is fun you may as well just play everquest or some other time sink.

I still love classic and continue to play it for the immersion and the community but don't fool yourself about the gameplay.

Think the spammy'ness is more how the playstyle of Legion feels like an Hack'n'Slash ARPG ala Diablo compared to Vanilla.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyro- View Post
    Question for the Vanilla experts: How viable is to multibox leveling 5 different classes at the same time? I'm thinking to do that in Classic. How many hours would it take?
    Depends which 5 classes.

A mage, warlock, hunter, priest, paladin (Holy) might work, but it would be horribly inefficient to line up spell casts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeng View Post
    I'm sorry but this is just complete nonsense and this is the kind of rubbish 95% of legacy players spew and it's ridiculous tbh.
    The amount of rose-tinted goggles at play is outstanding from some on this forum...

Mage, Warlock, Hunter, Paladin (holy) = all pretty much one button rotations (with the occasional Decursive press).

The overall complexity of classes in Classic compared to now isn't even in the same league.

Almost every class in Legion has at least two or three required spells in their rotation, with extras they have to incorporate if they want anything close to competitive DPS.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post

How about the bug when bow use on rogues and warriors did not have a GCD. They could outdps everyone by spamming bow. Put it on your mouse wheel and scroll. It would shoot as fast as you could scroll. And during that fight it was only early that you had to worry about the damage he did. Once you had T1 it was a joke.
    Oh now, that's OLD SCHOOL. I started raiding shortly before that got nerfed. XD Pity. It was fun for the first week (also, it was problematic because with a rogue's crit rating back then (a whopping 20%!) you could pull threat REALLY badly.

OH! That's another thing I forgot - Warriors didn't get much crit...because crit was tied to AGI. If they wanted more passive crit, they would have to farm crit gear (which was a bad choice because crit generated like double or triple threat?) Rogues naturally had more crit and HAD to watch their threatmeters more.

And yeah, you needed a threat meter. You'd pull off the tank otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Question for the Vanilla experts: How viable is to multibox leveling 5 different classes at the same time? I'm thinking to do that in Classic. How many hours would it take?
    There were a number of multiboxers, but they were literally one priest, four mages, because you have to remember, EVERY SPELL HAD A DIFFERENT CAST TIME BASED ON RANK. So even if you could get four casters and a healer doing damage, between different ranks of spells, your lock could have a 1 second cast while your mage would have a 2.5 second cast. AND because they all would have different mana pools, some of your casters would go oom VERY fast and you would have to have a macro for the lock to tap while your healer restored their mana for them through healing.

The four mages strategy worked for multiboxing because of POM>Pyro.

Four instant-cast pyros = no one lives. XD

Plus which classes would you be using? Mage, Lock...yeah. That's it. Balance druid is too weak. Hunters need too much micromanagment. SPriests needed GOBS of gear and play very differently than the Mage and Lock. Elemental Shammy was worse than Enhancement Shammy (without getting lucky with gear).

Someone mentioned Whirlwind: We had a whopping FOUR Shamen. All healers, of course, and because I think our tanks sucked (I'm just saying, but to be honest, no one else is bringing up how damn hard it was not to pull threat) whirlwind was not given to rogues. The Fury warriors got it to make up for the Hateful Strikes. And recall - I did Patchwerk ONCE, was at the top of the threat list under the tanks, hit evasion, got the rogue lead killed, and was kicked. So...yeah. All I know is that shortly after that, we used fury warriors almost exclusively and all the rogues were benched.

I'll also say, it's REALLY possible that my raid leader SUCKED. In fact it's very likely. His first strat for Razorgore involved our four shammies earth shocking the adds and trying to kite them around with Earthbind. It did NOT work. AT ALL. He didn't like spider wing and insisted we work on plauge wing first. Not to mention he had us doing Naxx while we didn't even have Twin Emps on farm and had never killed C'thun.

And yes, WE WERE the best guild on server with the best progression. Bandaiding rogues and all.

And that's really not something that's going to come back - the stupidity of not understanding fight mechanics and having raid leaders who are getting bad advice from other bad raid leaders and no one having anything better to suggest...

The one thing vanilla had over any other version of the game was the progression. No multiple difficulties, it was a straight road all the way from lvl1 to Naxxramas. Gear progression was much better partly because of this, every upgrade felt great since you had to spend a lot of time getting them, you knew where your pieces dropped and what your chances were.

There's something fulfilling about knowing what you want, where to get it and chasing after it until you do. In a wayvanilla gearing was a lot like mount farming is today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    Oh now, that's OLD SCHOOL. I started raiding shortly before that got nerfed. XD Pity. It was fun for the first week (also, it was problematic because with a rogue's crit rating back then (a whopping 20%!) you could pull threat REALLY badly.

OH! That's another thing I forgot - Warriors didn't get much crit...because crit was tied to AGI. If they wanted more passive crit, they would have to farm crit gear (which was a bad choice because crit generated like double or triple threat?) Rogues naturally had more crit and HAD to watch their threatmeters more.

And yeah, you needed a threat meter. You'd pull off the tank otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

There were a number of multiboxers, but they were literally one priest, four mages, because you have to remember, EVERY SPELL HAD A DIFFERENT CAST TIME BASED ON RANK. So even if you could get four casters and a healer doing damage, between different ranks of spells, your lock could have a 1 second cast while your mage would have a 2.5 second cast. AND because they all would have different mana pools, some of your casters would go oom VERY fast and you would have to have a macro for the lock to tap while your healer restored their mana for them through healing.

The four mages strategy worked for multiboxing because of POM>Pyro.

Four instant-cast pyros = no one lives. XD

Plus which classes would you be using? Mage, Lock...yeah. That's it. Balance druid is too weak. Hunters need too much micromanagment. SPriests needed GOBS of gear and play very differently than the Mage and Lock. Elemental Shammy was worse than Enhancement Shammy (without getting lucky with gear).

Someone mentioned Whirlwind: We had a whopping FOUR Shamen. All healers, of course, and because I think our tanks sucked (I'm just saying, but to be honest, no one else is bringing up how damn hard it was not to pull threat) whirlwind was not given to rogues. The Fury warriors got it to make up for the Hateful Strikes. And recall - I did Patchwerk ONCE, was at the top of the threat list under the tanks, hit evasion, got the rogue lead killed, and was kicked. So...yeah. All I know is that shortly after that, we used fury warriors almost exclusively and all the rogues were benched.

I'll also say, it's REALLY possible that my raid leader SUCKED. In fact it's very likely. His first strat for Razorgore involved our four shammies earth shocking the adds and trying to kite them around with Earthbind. It did NOT work. AT ALL. He didn't like spider wing and insisted we work on plauge wing first. Not to mention he had us doing Naxx while we didn't even have Twin Emps on farm and had never killed C'thun.

And yes, WE WERE the best guild on server with the best progression. Bandaiding rogues and all.

And that's really not something that's going to come back - the stupidity of not understanding fight mechanics and having raid leaders who are getting bad advice from other bad raid leaders and no one having anything better to suggest...
    Until the guy popped a flame reflector and send all 4 pom pyros back. It was only supposed to reflect one spell but if the timings of the hits were good it could send back multiple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    The one thing vanilla had over any other version of the game was the progression. No multiple difficulties, it was a straight road all the way from lvl1 to Naxxramas. Gear progression was much better partly because of this, every upgrade felt great since you had to spend a lot of time getting them, you knew where your pieces dropped and what your chances were.

There's something fulfilling about knowing what you want, where to get it and chasing after it until you do. In a wayvanilla gearing was a lot like mount farming is today.
    Yes and no because there were some items that were flat out better for the majority of an expansion. Hand of Justice for melee, the epic mail level 49 edgemaster handgaurds, TOEP from MC for casters to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    There were a number of multiboxers, but they were literally one priest, four mages, because you have to remember, EVERY SPELL HAD A DIFFERENT CAST TIME BASED ON RANK.
    I was thinking in Druid, Mage, Lock, Priest, Warrior.

I don't want to play with all of them at the same time tho (multiboxing just for leveling). I just want to have different classes so I can reroll if I get bored with one class without having to level 1-60 again, lol. And also to have several professions for gold making.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    In the very very beginning, did flasks last through death? And when were they turned from 1 flask for 2 hours to 2 flasks for 1 hour?

Also, what exactly did the world buffs come from, what did they buff, and did they last through death?
    I can't remember how flasks worked in vanilla in terms of death. Although I was a healer, I remember using potions and elixirs constantly but not flasks. Only people that I remember using flasks were the main tanks and their flask gave something like 2K hp which was huge at the time.

World buffs - There were many different types of world buffs during vanilla. 2 major ones were turning in the head of onyxia and nefarian in Orgrimmar/stormwind. This came with a zone wide yell dialogue with the name of the person who turned in the head and gave everyone in the capital at the time a huge buff to attack power and crit. Sadly they didn't persist through death. Beware of the lvl 19 twinks with boe blues for WC and dragonslayer buffs in BGs.

On top of those 2 buffs, there were many NPCs all over the world that you could mind control and use their spells to buff your raid. Most important one was the NPC in UBRS that had a long fire resistance buff which was extremely useful for people working on Ragnaros since the entrance was really close. Waiting 30 mins at badlands fo raid to assemble, then waiting to get the whole raid buffed for 15-30 mins inside the blackrock mountains then running into an enemy faction raid at the entrance of MC to have a full on 40v40 fight and losing all the buffs was a "fun night" for vanilla standards.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I don't want to play with all of them at the same time tho (multiboxing just for leveling). I just want to have different classes so I can reroll if I get bored with one class without having to level 1-60 again, lol. And also to have several professions for gold making.
    I am not that familiar with multiboxing, but I think it will be a pain with both casters and melee. You would also have to use an absurd amount of time visiting the different trainers, specially at the start as there are no trainers for classes a race can't play and there are no race that that be those 5 classes.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    I can't remember how flasks worked in vanilla in terms of death. Although I was a healer, I remember using potions and elixirs constantly but not flasks. Only people that I remember using flasks were the main tanks and their flask gave something like 2K hp which was huge at the time.

World buffs - There were many different types of world buffs during vanilla. 2 major ones were turning in the head of onyxia and nefarian in Orgrimmar/stormwind. This came with a zone wide yell dialogue with the name of the person who turned in the head and gave everyone in the capital at the time a huge buff to attack power and crit. Sadly they didn't persist through death. Beware of the lvl 19 twinks with boe blues for WC and dragonslayer buffs in BGs.

On top of those 2 buffs, there were many NPCs all over the world that you could mind control and use their spells to buff your raid. Most important one was the NPC in UBRS that had a long fire resistance buff which was extremely useful for people working on Ragnaros since the entrance was really close. Waiting 30 mins at badlands fo raid to assemble, then waiting to get the whole raid buffed for 15-30 mins inside the blackrock mountains then running into an enemy faction raid at the entrance of MC to have a full on 40v40 fight and losing all the buffs was a "fun night" for vanilla standards.
    Oh don't forget the songflower in Felwood and the Dire Maul tribute buffs. If the Darkmoon Faire buff was up... forget it. 90 mins prep time to start the raid easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, and heaven help you if you misheard that everyone was ready (no real ready checks!) and handed in your ony head while someone was out of Org or logged off.

One of my fellow rogues handed his head in IMMEDIATELY. He wasn't kicked, but GOD was the raid leader salty AF.

Oh yeah, another fun thing - no one was there to say "look, maybe you should actually buy ALL your skills", because it was more than possible not to - and more than possible to not have the money for both repairs AND training, so you would skip...lots of things.

...like I sort of just skipped Rupture. Because I liked Eviserate. And I will say that when Ony had her DoT cap raised, the amount of ashamed rogues who had to fly to Org and go train Rupture was...about half of us.

Oh, yeah and something that no one has brought up - the RECKONING BOMB. It got nerfed, but OMG, was it funny the day pallies realized they could one shot ANYTHING in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xhgvouRprw

- - - Updated - - -

oh and since I brought it up in another thread: Scourge Stones. You needed to equip a trinket that did nothing but give you access to them, and they did not drop often, and the boss-level ones were shared loot. The most common one would give you 50 rep for every 20 turned in. 50! The second size would give you 50 rep for every 10 turned in. The largest (which was shared) would give you 50 rep per turn in nad only dropped from bosses.

(In light of that, my complaining about the rep grind when your faction isn't in "daily mode" in Legion seems a bit...pathetic. XD 75 rep per quest?! THAT'S OP AS HELL, BOYS.)

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds really impossible for a number of reasons, unless you were really determined to play them with individualized macros. Like, the idea behind the original multiboxers were that you'd press one key and get 5 spells cast at once.

So in this case, you'd have to send the warrior in alone, build threat (because all those spells WILL pull off of him) and then start a DPS rotation, noting that locks and druids go oom super fast, and you'd have to have a threat minding tool to allow your characters to slow their DPS so the warrior can keep threat.

I'm not sure how it would work, but best of luck. It strikes me as way harder than it's worth.

Plus, yes, you'll have to level that druid seperately for a bit because Tauren and Nelfs don't have Mages or Locks.

Wasted my whole evening writing up a section on the problems "block" caused, Reckoning bomb, as well as this description of how much dungeon respawn checkpoints changed things:

--Dungeons did not have respawn checkpoints.
    ----And not only that, but the graveyards were almost always a half-zone away from the entrance.
    ------And not only that, back then player ghosts were never mounted.
    --------And not only that, the entrances to many dungeons were difficult to find.
    ----------And not only that, all non-boss mobs in every dungeon were on a 2-hour respawn timer.
    ------------And not only that, dungeons were 3-5x bigger, non-linear, and wipe recovery took 10+ minutes.
    --------------And not only that, druid healers didn't have resurrect so the death of even one player was bad.
    ----------------And not only that, mobs tended to respawn at the most inopportune times as players re-cleared.
    ------------------And not only that, people would rage quit or run out of time because of all of the above.
    --------------------And not only that, No LFD meant replacing bodies meant going back to town for trade chat.
    ----------------------And not only that, people didn't want to join in-progress groups.
    ------------------------And not only that, the only way to get back was doing the transcontinental trek (or warlock)
    --------------------------And not only that, while this was all happening, more mobs were respawning
    ----------------------------Which started the cycle again

Some examples of graveyard placement, and estimated run time back to the instance entrance
    Zul'Furrak: Gadgetzan
    --Time for experienced player: 2-3 minutes
    --Chance novice players would get lost: 15%
    One of the easiest ones, similar times for Stratholme, Stockade, and Scholomance

Ragefire Chasm: The middle of Durotar
    --Time for experienced player: 5 minutes
    --Chance novice players would get lost: 80% once they hit the Cleft
    Extremely punishing for level 10 players

Deadmines: Sentinel Hill
    --Time for experienced player: 3-4 minutes
    --Chance novice players would get lost: 100%
    Lord knows how many Deadmines groups fell apart because of the corpse run

Uldum: The Badlands
    --Time for experienced player: 3-4 minutes
    --Chance novice players would get lost: 125%

Maraudon: I don't even remember it was so far away
    --Time for experienced player: 5-6 minutes
    --Chance novice players would get lost: 150%

Molten Core, BWL, BRS, BRD--Thorium Point
    --Time for experienced player: 4-5 minutes
    --Chance novice players would get lost: N/A, this corpse run is what turned boys into men

Also, new questions:
    --Is demoralizing shout still in the game?
    --Did demo shout break stealth?
    --Was shield block chance added in BC (or when)?
    --Shield block value was just called Shield Block in vanilla right?

--I don't remember what the songflower was.